Reload this Page >

Penn and Teller's Bull**** no more?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-01-11, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

Been doing a bit of reading online, and it appears that Penn and Teller's Bullshit might not be coming back. From what I gather, they didn't like the new contract they were offered by Showtime and are moving elsewhere.

P&T are going to have a new series on Discovery called "Secrets of the Universe." (Which, from the description, sounds a bit like Manswers.)

Source: http://sguforums.com/index.php?topic=33382.0
Old 03-01-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Penn and Teller's Bull**** no more?

Really? That sucks. I will say, though, that there were about 3 good episodes per season and the rest were filler.
Old 03-02-11, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 598 Likes on 483 Posts

That's a shame. Although the less I have to bother subscribing to SHO, the better.
Old 03-03-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not disappointed at all despite being a huge fan the second they announced Season One. The show got progressively worse, improved slightly the most recent season. But there's only so much BS they can do, and they did nearly every obvious concept conceivable. Further, as stated, as the show went on longer, it stopped being a two-sided look at a widely held belief. Instead, it became a "let's gang up as much as possible on something we think is BS." In other words, they stopped having experts that were legitimate from both sides of the coin, and instead had reputable guys behind their viewpoint, and quacks and conmen on the other side. It stopped being an objective look at interesting topics and became a "Lets make fun of people."

So I can't say I'm upset it's gone. Although honestly less for the previously stated reason than simply they've run the gauntlet of topics, and another season would be either rehashing old topics, something they already started doing, or grasping at straws. I'd rather see the show end now than have it run on longer than it should and reduce it's reputation in years to come. Sounds like they already have moved on to another show, so we certainly won't lack for P&T on television. Although any P&T show not on an uncensored network should be considered a crime worthy of capital punishment.