Two and a Half Men to suspend production for the rest of season

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-24-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Statement from CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television

Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of “Two and a Half Men” for the remainder of the season.
audio from a morning show
http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...2411_sheen.mp3
found this eariler
Charlie is still ensconced in the Bahamas, having what he calls "a grand old time."

Charlie said, "I violently hate Chaim Levine (Chuck Lorre). He's a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk that I'd never want to be like." Charlie adds, "That's me being polite."

Charlie is scoffing at all the people around him, saying, "All these guys told me to 'clean it up.' Well this is me cleaning it the f**k up."

Charlie, who insists he's sober, says, "All I want is to bring my family together, and I have to deal with all this B.S. politics."

And as if that's not enough, Charlie says "That piece of s**t [Lorre] took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family -- my crew's pocket."

Charlie adds, "You can tell him [Lorre] one thing. I own him."
Old 02-24-11, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Two and a Half Men to suspend production for the rest of season

Good. He's acting like an asshole.

I can't stand the show anyway, but I know it has it's fans (Hi Mom!), but fuck him. This show made him.
Old 02-24-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

How long before Charlie Sheen ends up like Chris Farley? Dead, bloated, and naked, on top of a small mountain of cocaine?
Old 02-24-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

I can't stand the show anyway, but I know it has it's fans (Hi Mom!), but fuck him. This show made him.
I feel the same way. The show was funny the first three seasons, after that it was a constant rollercoaster of bland, a glimmer of promise, and then back to bland; everyone else in my family thinks it's brilliant.
Old 02-24-11, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

Your opinions get worse every time you post.
Old 02-24-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Charlie Sheen just wrote a sternly worded open letter -- which he's given to TMZ -- addressing the decision to shut down the production of "Two and a Half Men" for the rest of the season.

The letter reads:

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people ... not yours...we will continue on together...

Charlie Sheen
Old 02-24-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 291 Posts

Two and a half men is going to have one hell of a good E! True Hollywood Story someday.
Old 02-24-11, 08:47 PM
Premium Member

Received 666 Likes on 448 Posts

He was interesting to listen to on the Dan Patrick Show last week.

And I disagree that "this show made him". I liked him until this show came along.
Old 02-24-11, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Your opinions get worse every time you post.
Oh, right, he was awesome in Major League II, The Arrival, Hot Shots!, and other crap. Puh-lease. He was pretty much a B Movie star until he got this show.Hated him on Spin City too.
Old 02-24-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That "open letter" is awesome.
Old 02-24-11, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

What a whack job, but I hope the show comes back on.
Old 02-24-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone hoping for a "1 and a 1/2 Men" spin-off?
Old 02-24-11, 09:16 PM
Suspended

How much is - oops - was he making per episode? Something like 2 mil?
Old 02-24-11, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Charlie Sheen just wrote a sternly worded open letter -- which he's given to TMZ -- addressing the decision to shut down the production of "Two and a Half Men" for the rest of the season.

The letter reads:

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Charlie Sheen
Funny how a guy who's trying to hide his true heritage, Carlos Estevez is making jokes about someone else using a fake name.
Old 02-24-11, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rypro 525

The letter reads:

Charlie Sheen
I'm with you. Just remember the good times and don't let anyone try to fuck up what you enjoy most.
Old 02-24-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

What they need to do is replace Charlie with a female character. They come back with her and say Charlie has started hormone treatments to become a woman but he hasnt had the surgery yet. Jake and female Charlie can swap their positions in the 2 and 1/2 men equation.
Old 02-24-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These are the rantings of a sick individual.
Old 02-24-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thank God.

Now let's cancel Lorre's two other shows and call it a day.
Old 02-24-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how the "Alex Jones Show" (Jones, BTW, is a bit of a nutball to begin with) website phrases the pre-interview comments:

Be sure not to miss what promises to be an exciting and revealing insight into the troubles Sheen has endured in recent times, as well as his response to the overwhelming amount of salacious media gossip that has been generated as a result.
http://www.infowars.com/exclusive-in...-show-2pm-est/

And this is what we got:

Sheen unloaded while calling in to "The Alex Jones Show" and claimed he is 100% clean, saying, "Here's your first pee test, next one goes in your mouth. No, you won't get high."

During his rant Sheen compared himself to the Marlon Brando character in "Apocalypse Now" -- and hit just about everything and everyone:

-- He calls Lorre a turd, a clown, and says his real name is "Haim Levine"

-- Referring to his rehab stint, Sheen claims to have embarrassed Lorre "in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his un-evolved mind cannot process."

-- On Alcoholics Anonymous ... Sheen says it's a "bootleg cult" with a success rate of only 5%, while his is 100% and added, "Newsflash .. I am special and I will never be one of you."

-- After one rant the host, Alex Jones, tells Charlie he sounds like Thomas Jefferson. Charlie's response, "I'm not Thomas Jefferson. He was a p***y! But I dare anyone to debate me on things."

-- On his drug and alcohol issues, "I have a disease? Bulls**t! I cured it ... with my mind."

Yesterday Charlie flew to an island near the Bahamas with ex Brooke Mueller, Bree Olson, and Natalie Kenly. In the the interview Charlie says Brooke has bailed out ... saying, "Where there were 4 there are now 3. Goodbye Brooke. Good luck in your travels, you're going to need it. Badly."

There's more ... much more -- including sometime incomprehensible riffs about trolls, tattoos, F-18 fighter pilots, and Vatican assassins.

For what it's worth ... Charlie also said he's ready to get back to work.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/24/charli...mas-jefferson/

I'm pretty sure that was the straw that broke the camel's back with CBS and Warner Bros.
Old 02-24-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is Charlie trying to compete with Gadhafi for wackiest public proclamation of the week?
Old 02-24-11, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone hoping for a "1 and a 1/2 Men" spin-off?
TV Critic Alan Sepinwall made a similar point a week ago:

All the reports I've read suggest no one at CBS and Warner Bros. is willing to contemplate this. I suppose the fear is in offending Sheen, but at this point how much more volatile and/or insubordinate can he get? If you frame it publicly as "We love Charlie, and the show needs Charlie, but we also don't want to keep the crew out of work and we think he needs more time off to get help," then you potentially put him in a position where even the Sheen fans acknowledge their guy is in the wrong.

I'm not saying the show can or will work without Sheen, but why will no one even try? There was an episode or two of "Frasier" that had to drastically minimize Frasier's presence while Kelsey Grammer dealt with various issues, and the show was able to stay afloat while that happened.

For that matter, I'm curious about whether the show could actually do more without Sheen than muddle through a few weeks.
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...-charlie-sheen
Old 02-24-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 810 Likes on 565 Posts

If this isn't the best time to pair up Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson for a new sitcom, I don't know what is.
Old 02-24-11, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Horrible show.
Horrible person.
Bring in Charlie's characters wacky cousin.
Old 02-24-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
If this isn't the best time to pair up Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson for a new sitcom, I don't know what is.
The Odd Couple: The Revenge!!!
Old 02-24-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've been a fan of Charlie's for ages, but he seemed to be fubared and it's kind of hard to watch.

And he was awesome in Major League 2!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.