Old 02-24-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Outsourced -- "Take this Punjab and Shove It" -- 2/24/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-11

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When one of the call center workers quits, Todd (Ben Rappaport) is excited to have the opportunity to hire a new employee. After interviewing numerous unqualified candidates, Todd finally finds a diamond in the rough. However, Todd's happiness is short-lived when he finds out that someone close to him has poached his new recruit. Meanwhile, Gupta (Parvesh Cheena) finds himself in trouble with a loan shark and must find a way to pay him back or else.

Episode 16 of 22

Got caught up with the last 4 episodes. This show is hilarious and I'm glad I stuck with it. It's gotten so much better as the week's have progressed. It's too bad that it's stuck at 10:30pm.

I like that Rajiv is finally manager. Thank God!
Old 02-25-11, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Outsourced -- "Take this Punjab and Shove It" -- 2/24/11

This episode was pretty good.

at Gupta's rendition of "Smooth Operator"

I also liked him moonlighting as a Riksha driver because he can't pay his rent.

at Rajiv on the conference call with "Bob"

Manmeet was pretty funny too playing the British race car driver for that prospective new hire.
Old 02-25-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
at Rajiv on the conference call with "Bob"
Rajiv is always great.

I really like these characters. I hope NBC realizes what a brutal timeslot 10:30 is for this show and gives it a chance.
Old 02-25-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Rajiv is always great.

I really like these characters. I hope NBC realizes what a brutal timeslot 10:30 is for this show and gives it a chance.
I agree this show has gotten so much better since it's premiere. Very funny and quirky characters. 10pm is a brutal hour for 1 hour shows as well. It seems like most people (Nielsen families) DVR the shows that hour, go to bed and watch them the next day.
Old 02-25-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gave up on the show when it switched to timeslots, but it was getting better. Might have to check it out.

So Rajiv is the manager now? What happened to the insufferable Todd?
Old 02-25-11, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by kstublen
I gave up on the show when it switched to timeslots, but it was getting better. Might have to check it out.

Todd got promoted too I think. I actually kind of like Todd now, especially since they paired him up with Tonya. But, he is still quite bland.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-25-11 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-26-11, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen

Originally Posted by DJariya
Todd got promoted too I think. I actually kind of like Todd now, especially since they paired him up with Tonya. But, he is still quite bland.
Todd got promoted to "executive manager." According to Todd's boss, there is no increased pay or benefits. It was basically a promotion in title only so Rajiv could be "promoted" to manager.

And I love how they showed where Madhuri got her "head bobbing" from. I also found it funny how everyone in the office just stopped working to slide on the newly waxed floor. It really showed that some playtime customs are not culturally bound. That and Rajiv being pushed by the team while he clutches his notepad and screams in fear.
Old 02-26-11, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what happens at the end of season, but I have this gut feeling that it's going to come down to a this versus Community decision and one of them is getting canned. That makes me sad, but I'lll so be rooting for Community to continue. I figured P&R would be in the mix for cancellation, but I think I've heard its ratings are strong in this schedule comparatively.

I wish The Office would bow out and leave us with Community>Outsourced>30 Rock>Parks & Recreation
Old 02-27-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Perfect Couples needs to be cancelled, and this needs another season!

@ Rajiv's conference phone call
Old 02-27-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I'm taking for granted Perfect Couples is history. That leaves the count 5 shows for what I hope goes back to a 2 hour block (that 10 PM hour is just brutal for network comedy).
Old 02-27-11, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Oh, I'm taking for granted Perfect Couples is history. That leaves the count 5 shows for what I hope goes back to a 2 hour block (that 10 PM hour is just brutal for network comedy).
And Office/30 Rock isn't going anywhere. Parks is a lock and likely Community too. So...yeah, Outsourced is out if it goes back to 2 hours and the block is not expanded at all to another night. They have tons of 30 minute Pilots in the works, so another night is very, very likely.
Old 02-28-11, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I have no idea what happens at the end of season, but I have this gut feeling that it's going to come down to a this versus Community decision and one of them is getting canned. That makes me sad, but I'lll so be rooting for Community to continue. I figured P&R would be in the mix for cancellation, but I think I've heard its ratings are strong in this schedule comparatively.

I wish The Office would bow out and leave us with Community>Outsourced>30 Rock>Parks & Recreation
Totally agree. I've been a fan of The Office since it's first season, but it is played out at this point, and I can only imagine it getting more tired/stale in future season(s), especially with Carell leaving. Time to move on and let some other fresher shows have their turn. I would especially hate for Community to bite the dust just so The Office can go on to an embarrassing Scrubs-like debacle of overstaying its welcome.