Old 02-24-11, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "The House Guest" -- 2/24/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Katherine's (Nina Dobrev) mind games are getting on everyone's nerves, but Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) realize that her knowledge of Mystic Falls history will help them stay alive. Frustrated with her relationship with Matt (Zach Roerig), Caroline (Candice Accola) finds a new way to get his attention. Alaric (Matt Davis) makes a surprising confession to Jenna (Sara Canning), and Katherine makes a different kind of confession to Damon. Stefan and Bonnie (Katerina Graham) try to convince Jonas (guest star Randy Goodwin) and Luka (guest star Bryton James) that they should all be working together, but Jonas' lack of trust leads to a violent and fiery confrontation.

Episode 16 of 22

The show is taking a 5 week break after tonight. It returns April 7th to finish out the season.

Promo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJWuxRa1EWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-25-11, 12:25 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "The House Guest" -- 2/24/11

Wow.
Old 02-25-11, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wow.
yeah the last few eps have had all sorts of random "did not see that coming" events in them.... Nice to see a show unafraid to off some characters here and there.. I mean sure, they are not going to kill off the three main core stars but everyone else seems like fair game..

little torn about hearing they are going on a 5 week break now.. I need to get caught up on a bunch of other shows so that makes it a plus but then again..... awwwww 5 weeks?!? boooo..
Old 02-25-11, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

This show had some unexpected twists and turns, and the last scene was absolutely perfect. It was perfectly horrendous timing of her to show up at that moment.
Old 02-26-11, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
yeah the last few eps have had all sorts of random "did not see that coming" events in them.... Nice to see a show unafraid to off some characters here and there.. I mean sure, they are not going to kill off the three main core stars but everyone else seems like fair game..

little torn about hearing they are going on a 5 week break now.. I need to get caught up on a bunch of other shows so that makes it a plus but then again..... awwwww 5 weeks?!? boooo..
Yeah, I love that no character is secure, and the breakneck pace it's going at is crazy.
Old 02-26-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

The Katherine about to be staked scene by ghost witch dude was insane. How can WB have my 2 best shows on [this & Nikita], blows my mind.

Damn them! for both shows having a long break.
Old 02-27-11, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Again, another solid episode. It just blows my mind how good this show is.

at Luka turning into a Crispy Wonton and his Dad stabbing Matt in the throat. The whole sequence in the restaurant was nuts.

I think with Caroline's reveal to Matt, this is going to lead her back to Tyler sooner or later. Personally for me Matt is dead weight. I'd like to see Caroline paired with Tyler.

I had no idea that Candice Accola could sing. She has a really nice voice. I liked her cover of Eternal Flame.

at Damon being such a tease to Katherine. And thowing her off him. I love the chemistry Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder have in their scenes with her as Katherine.

at the 5 week break.
Old 02-27-11, 11:09 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

The gang should just do what Connor did to Angel with Elijah. Seriously.
Old 02-27-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

It was nice they addressed the "why don't they just burn Elijah?" complaining that took place last week in the show thread. This show always seems to catch those issues, which I appreciate.

Really surprised the killed Luka. I thought his dad was going to heal him. Nice to see that witches don't have a spell for everything and there are some real consequences to this stuff.

Just another great episode. This is one of the most consistently great shows I've ever seen.
Old 02-28-11, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This show continues to deliver the goods. I love watching Nina as Katherine.

I hope we see vampire-Caroline return soon.