Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

ManOWar- Battle Hymns 2011

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

New remastered cd of their very first album, 30 years ago. Re-done with all of todays technological power, a quote from the band. Listened to a few parts from Amazon, sounds good, i'll have to check it out further.
Old 02-24-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: ManOWar- Battle Hymns 2011

Ooh I'd love some remasters of Fighting the World and Kings of Metal.
Old 02-24-11, 08:15 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Nice! One of my favorite bands!
Old 02-24-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Not remastered, rerecorded.

Finally, technology has caught up with Manowar 's custom-built touring and recording equipment. The band decided that their fans deserved to hear the songs from their debut album Battle Hymns with the massive sound and production that has become their signature over recent years and records.
Due for release at the end of November 2010, Battle Hymns will soon be available with the unbridled power of today s technology: Battle Hymns 2011.
With the decision to reinterpret the music came the need to revisit the famed narration of the legendary Orson Welles. There was only one obvious choice and that was Sir Christopher Lee. Recorded at the famed Abbey Road Studios in London, his own inspired interpretation of the late, great Orson Welles on 'Dark Avenger' will be another jewel in the crown of the Kings Of Metal.
Manowar Bassist and Producer Joey DeMaio stated: 'My personal admiration for Sir Christopher began many years ago while watching his films. It increased when I was honored to produce him as a singer and as a narrator and we became friends instantly. Immediately after hearing the sheer power and range of his voice I thought I should write a narration; I never imagined we would ever rerecord Battle Hymns - but here we are and it is massive.'
Battle Hymns 2011 will feature two never released before live tracks of 'Death Tone' and 'Fast Taker' recorded during the band s very first concerts in 1982. These are the rarest bonus materials ever released to date in Manowar's career.
'Our fans can be sure that we have squeezed every drop of power into Battle Hymns 2011 that today's technology allows,' says vocalist Eric Adams.
Manowar is poised to prove that both the band and the immortal Battle Hymns record are indeed 'Born To Live Forevermore.'
Battle Hymns 2011- a new chapter in Heavy Metal history
Joey DeMaio is the biggest whore this side of Gene Simmons. That said, I'll have to check this out. Despite it's reputation, I was never a huge fan of the Battle Hymns album, mainly due to the thin sound. I wonder if they plan on rerecording Into Glory Ride, Hail to England, and Sign of the Hammer.
Old 02-25-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
Not remastered, rerecorded.

Joey DeMaio is the biggest whore this side of Gene Simmons. That said, I'll have to check this out. Despite it's reputation, I was never a huge fan of the Battle Hymns album, mainly due to the thin sound. I wonder if they plan on rerecording Into Glory Ride, Hail to England, and Sign of the Hammer.
Yes, thanks for the correction, it is re-recorded. I would love them to do this with Hail to England which has a lot of great songs on it, probably the whole thing is great. I'd like Sign of the Hammer too. Now that you mention it, Battle Hymns does have kind of a thin sound, although great songs. Beefing this up will make this all the better to own. I'm also a fan of christopher Lee, so hearing him on this is something that i'm looking forward to hearing.
Old 02-25-11, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

Most of the tracks are up on youtube. Sounds pretty good for the most part. It's very much a literal re-recording with little difference in arrangement or song structure. Shell Shock is still stupid.