Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

High School of the Dead - Worldwide Premier with English Dub

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!
View Poll Results: Do you like zombie animes?
I love zombie animes.
55.56%
I hate zombie animes.
0%
I love zombie animes but dislike fan service.
22.22%
I hate zombie animes but like fan service.
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SYNOPSIS: It began without warning. It continues without mercy. Now a band of high schoolers join forces with guns, swords, baseball bats and anything else they can get their hands on to battle a bloodthirsty, flesh-hungry zombie apocalypse. Slashing action, stunning animation, and jawdropping excitement make HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD the most hotly anticipated adventures of the year. For horror fans and animation addicts alike, nothing offers the high-energy adrenaline of HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD!
The High School of the DEAD English Dub Cast is:
(click on a name to watch a sneak peak of the newly voiced character!)

Takashi Komuro - Leraldo Anzaldua
Rei Miyamoto - Jessica Boone
Saya Takagi - Maggie Flecknoe
Kota Hirano - Mark X. Laskowski
Saeko Busujima - Taylor Hannah
Shizuka Marikawa - Monica Rial
Hisashi Igo - David Matranga
Arisa Maresato - Brittney Karbowski
Rika Minami - Melissa Davis
Kouichi Shido - Illich Guardiola
Soichiro Takagi - Andrew Love
Yuriko Takagi - Shelley Calene-Black

via TRSI...

Contains episodes 1-12.
Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
Highschool of the Dead Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 6/28/11
Highschool of the Dead DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - 300 minutes - $59.98 - 6/28/11

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-07-14 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-24-11, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: High School of the Dead - Worldwide Premier with English Dub

From Anime Network forums

On Wednesday, March 2nd, the cast for the English Dub of High School of the Dead will be announced!

In the meanwhile, we want to hear your speculations and predictions!!!

Head over to the High School of the Dead English Dub: Casting thread to chime in with your predictions.

There will be more announcements over the next several weeks regarding additional releases....

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-24-11 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-24-11, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

How censored are the episodes on Hulu compared to the originally aired ones? I'd be interested in a Zombie anime, but after the first five minutes it had a little too much fan service for me. My internet was running slow, which is why i didnt go past five minutes, but if its good I'd give this a shot
Old 02-25-11, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by beavis69
How censored are the episodes on Hulu compared to the originally aired ones? I'd be interested in a Zombie anime, but after the first five minutes it had a little too much fan service for me. My internet was running slow, which is why i didnt go past five minutes, but if its good I'd give this a shot
It should be the originally aired one. Well if the first episode has to much fan service. I only watched the originally aired version I never watched the dvd version so I don't know how much more fan service. At least watch all of the first episode. Honestly I hate Zombie animes/movies but for some reason probably the fan service I like it and the Zombie part of the anime does not bother me. I will definitely buy this anime.

Last edited by chrisc31; 02-25-11 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-12-11, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source

Highschool of the Dead Lithograph Vote: Tell Us Which Art Is Your Pick!

Posted on: Thursday, May 12, 2011
Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment have plans to produce a limited-edition lithograph featuring artwork from the Section23/Sentai Filmworks series Highschool of the Dead, and we want YOU to help us to choose its design! Go to this thread on the Anime Today forums to cast your vote before 6 p.m. CT on Wednesday, May 18, 2011. (As with previously produced lithographs, each limited-edition, numbered print will also include a certificate of authenticity.)
Vote now! You must create an account to vote.
Old 05-19-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source
Highschool of the Dead Lithograph Run-Off Vote - Deadline: 6 p.m. May 24!

Posted on: Thursday, May 19, 2011
We're down to two designs, and now we need YOU to tell us which one you'd like to see as our Highschool of the Dead limited-edition lithograph! Go to this thread on the Anime Today forums to cast your vote before 6 p.m. CT on Tuesday, May 24, 2011. (As with previously produced lithographs, each limited-edition, numbered print will also include a certificate of authenticity.)
Old 05-23-11, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I love fan service but I can't say that I have ever seen any zombie anime so I can't really vote on the poll. I do like zombies in general though, so I'm definately going to blind buy this on Blu-Ray.
Old 05-23-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I love fan service but I can't say that I have ever seen any zombie anime so I can't really vote on the poll. I do like zombies in general though, so I'm definately going to blind buy this on Blu-Ray.
I fixed the first post so you can get a better Idea. Also you might want to check out "Demon King Daimao".
Old 06-02-11, 05:04 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

TRSI Listing
RIGHT STUF & NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announce the
Limited-Edition
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD Lithograph

Fan-selected artwork to be released on June 28, 2011

GRIMES, Iowa, June 2, 2011 – Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division are pleased to announce a new lithograph, featuring art from the anime series HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, will be available on June 28, 2011.

The artwork depicts the series’ protagonists – Takashi Komuro, Rei Miyamoto, Saya Takagi, Saeko Busujima, Kohta Hirano and Shizuka Marikawa – and was selected by fans via a recent public vote.

The full-color, limited-edition print will be produced as a lithograph on high-quality paper, which has archival properties and is specifically for the reproduction of artwork. Each print will be priced at $49.99, measure 16 by 20 inches, and include a certificate of authenticity. Only 250 total prints of the Highschool of the Dead “Attack!” Lithograph will be made.

Highschool of the Dead is adapted from the manga by Daisuke Sato and Shoji Sato, and it features direction by Tetsuro Araki (Black Lagoon, Death Note), as well as animation and production by Madhouse. The anime series will be available on June 28, 2011 on both Blu-ray and DVD from Sentai Filmworks, which is distributed by Section23 Films.

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD “Attack!” Lithograph (Limited Edition)
Pre-Book Date: June 21, 2011
Street Date: June 28, 2011

Format: 16” x 20”, full-color lithograph print
Edition Size: 250 prints total
Catalog #: RSM8092
UPC: 7-42617-8092-5-5
SRP: $49.99

Additional information: Each print is numbered and includes a certificate of authenticity. Prints will be shipped flat.

* Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsm8092.jpg
Highschool of the Dead © DAISUKE SATO SHOUJI SATO / FUJIMISHOBO / H.O.T.D. PRODUCTION COMMITTEE
* To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.

** Product specifications and content may be subject to change.

Last edited by WTK; 06-02-11 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-24-11, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much fanservice. Its almost at Eiken levels. I dont mind a little fanscervice, but here it completely clashes with the tone of the show. Its distracting and takes you out of the story.
Old 06-28-11, 01:49 PM

I've only seen the first ep on Hulu, but have been waiting for the US release. I've pre-ordered the blu-ray set. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-30-11, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thrush, I just saw the first three episode on DVD and it's definitely a show of acquired taste--a lot of bloody violence and fanservice makes for a strange mix, to say the least.
Old 06-30-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After seeing more episodes its grown on me a little bit. I kind of understand what they were going for now. The way the violence is inter-cut with the fanservice. Perhaps makes a statement that gratuitous violence (killing zombies in this case) is just as lascivious and tantalizing as fanservice is. And when it comes right down to it violence is just another form of fanservice that can often be just as cheap and obvious as the traditional variety.

Either that or the artist just really really like big titties.
Old 10-06-11, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source - Right Stuf

18+ Only! Highschool of the Dead Lithograph Vote.

Highschool of the Dead fans, Section23 wants to hear from YOU! During the first Highschool of the Dead limited-edition lithograph vote some fans expressed interest in a more risque design, and now we'd like some more input.

From now through 6 p.m. CT on October 11, tell us which work of art is your pick! Here's how to make sure your vote is counted: 1. Please register on our Anime Today forums. 2. Then pick your favorite from the lithograph vote thread!

NSFW
Choice 1:
Spoiler:

Choice 2:
Spoiler:

Choice 3:
Spoiler:

NSFW

Last edited by chrisc31; 10-07-11 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via - RightStuf

RightStuf.com & Sentai Filmworks Announce Second HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD Lithograph

RightStuf.com and Sentai Filmworks announced a new lithograph, featuring art from anime series Highschool of the Dead, will be available on November 29, 2011. The artwork depicts the series' heroines - Rei Miyamoto, Saya Takagi and Saeko Busujima - and was selected by fans via a recent public vote. The full-color, limited-edition print will be produced as a lithograph on high-quality paper, which has archival properties and is specifically for the reproduction of artwork. Each print will be priced at $49.99, measure 20 by 16 inches, and include a certificate of authenticity. Only 250 total prints of the Highschool of the Dead “Rei, Saya, and Saeko” Lithograph will be made.
Choice 3 won
Spoiler:

NSFW

Click to Pre-order before its SOLD OUT!
Old 09-29-12, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sentai Filmworks license's the 20-minute OVA Highschool of the Dead - Drifters of the Dead for Streaming

Via Ann

North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks revealed at its Anime Weekend Atlanta panel on Friday that it has acquired the Highschool of the Dead - Drifters of the Dead original video anime for streaming. The anime will be available soon through select digital outlets with an English dub.
Old 09-29-12, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

I didn't think the fan service in this series was as overbearing as I was led to believe by reports.
Old 09-03-13, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SYNOPSIS: When an unplanned stop on a deserted island gives Takashi, Saeko and the rest of the ragged band of survivors a chance to expose themselves to something other than zombie bites for a change, they're more than ready to take a break and let their hair down. Discovering the remnants of an old beach store, the entire group strips to swimsuits and sets out to make the uninhabited island inhabitable, but they're unaware that this seeming paradise is actually just the dead calm before the storm.

Sometimes the recently deceased aren't the only problems that can lie buried in the sand, and as the swimwear comes off and the inhibitions come down, a kink in the island's food chain sets a truly shocking series of events into motion! You won't believe what comes out next, but suffice it to say that the deserted island may not be so deserted after all!
Via Righstuf

Highschool of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead Blu-ray (Hyb)

Date Available: Nov 26 2013
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-07-14 at 10:39 PM.