Old 02-22-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Traffic Light -- "All The Precedent's Men" -- 2/22/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When Lisa encourages Mike to meet with a young female colleague seeking professional advice, Mike hesitates but soon discovers that she is attractive, sports-savvy and able to hang with the guys. After meetings between Mike and his new friend become more frequent, Lisa is prompted to join them, and she and Mike are surprised by her unique proposition. Meanwhile, morning commutes become less solitary for Adam when Callie starts calling him on the way to work, and Ethan attempts to eliminate indications that his relationship with a new girl is becoming serious.

Episode 3 of 13
Old 02-22-11, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Traffic Light -- "All The Precedent's Men" -- 2/22/11

I definitely think the show has finally hit its stride with this episode. Consistently funny, tons of great moments.

Mike had a lot of great lines this episode, particularly in the beginning: "This is my wife, Lisa. We're married...to each other." & "One of the secrets of our happy marriage is that I have stopped dating."

You knew it was coming when Adam put Callie on hold, but the payoff was still so great. Callie's cold, "It's still me," was just perfect. It's a tried and true sitcom joke, but they did it wonderfully, especially Adam's description and wanting to get run over by an eighteen wheeler instead of continuing the phone call. The "Say Anything" moment being ruined by a fender bender was great as well.

Carla Gallo was a nice addition, but not sure how long she'll stick around. I particularly enjoyed the scene with her "finding" the toothbrush and lipstick. She was perfect in the scene later on when she stepped out of the ambulance and ran into the children.

Adam: "I mean, my car time is the only free time I have now. No, no...it's just that, since we've moved in together, my time in the car is the only enjoya..."

The threesome scene was great. Mike waiting to see what Lisa said before responding was a nice touch. I totally didn't see Lisa listening in on the conversation there at the end coming either, lol.

Last edited by kstublen; 02-22-11 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-23-11, 01:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Lisa and Mike are the best part of the show. Loved his reaction when she brought up the threesome.
Old 02-23-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
The threesome scene was great. Mike waiting to see what Lisa said before responding was a nice touch. I totally didn't see Lisa listening in on the conversation there at the end coming either, lol.
I also cracked up at the woman making a second offer to just Lisa. "I like Asian women"
Old 02-23-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This episode clearly separated this show from Perfect Couples and Better With You. I thought the first two episodes were OK, better than the previews made the show look. But this episode was pretty damn funny.
Old 02-23-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Definitely dig the show. This episode was easily the best yet. I would kill for that threesome.
Old 02-23-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I also cracked up at the woman making a second offer to just Lisa. "I like Asian women"
Her switch to the wife actually made my wife laugh out loud.

We are really enjoying it. I like the girl who plays Callie, but the wife finds her character annoying.

The cast has good chemistry.
Old 02-25-11, 12:54 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Digging the Callie character for sure - Really enjoying this show.