Old 02-20-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Californication -- "The Recused" -- 2/20/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By null at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Abby and Hank's relationship intensifies, so Abby decides to recuse herself from his case and attempts to get one of her senior partners to represent him. Meanwhile, Hank discovers Karen and Ben are becoming closer; Charlie scores with Abby's secretary in his quest to bed 100 women; and Marcy and Stu, nervous about facing a pitch meeting at Showtime, request Charlie's help.

Episode 7 of 12
Old 02-20-11, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Californication -- "The Recused" -- 2/20/11

When did Carla Gugino decide she was going to stop showing her beautiful boobies? Anyone at least have a gif of that golf shot?

While I did laugh at this ep., I have to say that it was very illustrative of what's become wrong with the series. Sight gags, prat falls, urological/scatological humor, and nastiness for the sake of nastiness were never what this show was about in the early days. It was about interesting characters driven by some quirky dialogue. More often than not it was dirty, but it now feels more like it's there because the writers feel it necessary to carry the show. Not a good sign.

Also, I hope Karen goes with Ben. Hank is funny, but getting way too unlikeable.
Old 02-21-11, 11:20 AM
FuQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was really hoping to see her beautiful naked body again. I think she is one of the most beautiful actresses today. I laughed to especially when Hank was raking his urine but I have the same problem with the show, it is becoming a sitcom and I absolutely hate his daughter. Karen is useless and I can't see why Hank is pining for her because she would never even hear his side of the story. He should move on.
Old 02-21-11, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
When did Carla Gugino decide she was going to stop showing her beautiful boobies?
I guess she feels they are too good for TV.

At least it seems Callie Thorne shows hers next week
Originally Posted by Callie Thorne to Crusable.com
I felt comfortable. I did show my breasts. I sort of thought, ‘You know what? I’m not getting any younger and this is a hysterical scene and if I’m laughing through it why not?

Last edited by Gunde; 02-21-11 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-21-11, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The problem is that for all intents and purposes, Hank -has- moved on. He's basically having sex with different women before and after he spends time with his family. His character is so unlikeable now, it's actually distracting.

D
Old 02-21-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Whew, for previews of next week's episode:
Spoiler:
thought we saw the last of the hot midget actress and her mom

Hank on the golf course was crudely humorous, but it just felt like filler material, though.

Boo on Gugino for keeping the covers on the jubblies.
Old 02-21-11, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's so odd how this show just feels different now. I think there was always scatological humor and pratfalls and stuff like that... I mean I remember lots of vomiting on the painting and stuff in season 1, even. But something feels different. The show used to have some sort of heart behind it and you really liked the characters and rooted for them. Somehow it seems to have become as jaded and corrupt as Hank always pretended to be. They've really done a number on Runkle's character. I understand him giving up on Marcy by now, but wow has he become totally blank as a person, just a screaming naked joke. Karen is still the blank canvass she's always been, but I still can't get past how quickly she and Hank have given up without even discussing what happened... major plot hole. I predict they're just saving that conversation til the end so it looks like they're on-again in the finale. The lawyer is just this season's Mrs. Dean Koontz.