Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Season 10 Hollywood Week/Las Vegas -- Wednesday/Thursday on FOX

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol -- Season 10 Hollywood Week/Las Vegas -- Wednesday/Thursday on FOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By null at 2011-01-20

Hollywood week continues tonight and tomorrow

The show then moves to the Las Vegas round next Wednesday

The Top 20 will be chosen on Thursday the 24th

Here's all the Hollywood week hopefuls

http://www.americanidol.com/hollywood_week/
Old 02-16-11, 09:22 AM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
Re: American Idol -- Season 10 Hollywood Week/Las Vegas -- Wednesday/Thursday on FOX

2 hours on Wednesday and 1 hour on Thursday.
Old 02-16-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: American Idol -- Season 10 Hollywood Week/Las Vegas -- Wednesday/Thursday on FOX

Not sure if any of those who got the boot during the group performances were surprises (I'm drawing a blank as to any surprises). But I was sort of surprised by some of those who made it through to the next phase (solo performances).
Old 02-16-11, 11:39 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

Yup. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-16-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still convinced that the only reason they keep the group round is for the drama. Seriously, who cares if you can sing and dance in a circle with people you've just met?

They scolded everyone who forgot the words, except the fat kid.

Stage mothers were annoying, but those kids did sound really good.

The crying girl who almost quit, I've disliked from the beginning.
Old 02-17-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, AI does a lot of group numbers all through the season, so if you get some who aren't good at it, it makes it tough to choreograph around them (like Clay Aiken wasn't all that great at the group stuff).
Old 02-17-11, 09:34 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Actually, AI does a lot of group numbers all through the season, so if you get some who aren't good at it, it makes it tough to choreograph around them (like Clay Aiken wasn't all that great at the group stuff).
They lipsync the group numbers anyways.
Old 02-17-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What? This is an outrage! You've shattered my AI Illusion!!!! Damn you!!!!!
Old 02-17-11, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I remember when group week would get pages of comments.

That was still a fun 2 hours.

Surprised only 1 from the girl group that sang to Tyler made it through, I thought they sounded pretty good.
Old 02-17-11, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ashley is bananas.

Scotty mumbling the wrong lyrics was hilarious Boy needs to learn another tune
Old 02-17-11, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't stop staring at Julie Zorrila when they give her some airtime. There are still 50 contestants left! I'm getting exhausted from the audition shows.

I loved the subtitles, too funny.
Old 02-17-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I'm still convinced that the only reason they keep the group round is for the drama. Seriously, who cares if you can sing and dance in a circle with people you've just met?

They scolded everyone who forgot the words, except the fat kid.

Stage mothers were annoying, but those kids did sound really good.

The crying girl who almost quit, I've disliked from the beginning.
My thoughts exactly on all points.
Old 02-17-11, 09:36 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did I dose off or did they not tease that Randy had a big surprise announcement and then never followed up on it?

Ashley Sullivan making the cut is ridiculous.
Old 02-17-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe Randy was going to announce the next round: Beatles sing-along
Old 02-18-11, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

No, there was no "surprise announcement" payoff.

J-Lo's skirt was as short as her heels were high.
Old 02-18-11, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Think there is a lot of great talent this year. I'm putting my money on Lauren, the 15 year old to go far. She has star quality. The only thing that can be her downfall is her creepy obsession with Tyler. Her semi lap dance with him in the Hollywood round was cringe worthy.....because she is 15!

THey have set the kaoroke guy up to be the villian. Cant see him going far if he makes the top 12, because of his treatment booting the young kid out of the group. And those glasses gimmick? It's been done before, and much better by Danny Goedke.

Gonna enjoy performances by the crazy surfer dude and Casey, the big bass guy.

Really liking this season.
Old 02-18-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, that stand up bass performance was a star maker. Took a lot of guts & he pulled it off beautifully. This guy may be the one to watch.

Surprised they let so many through who forgot the lyrics. That used to be a deal breaker. Though I suspect they keep letting Fat Bieber through so America has to vote him off & they don't have to look bad.
Old 02-18-11, 10:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

That upright bass performance was so good. When the band 'fumbled' into the song...that was perfection.
Old 02-18-11, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It is fairly obvious who the producers wanted to "cast" in certain genre slots to get to the people voting phase coming up soon, so they definitely let in some contestants who didn't know the words to their songs (both in the group, and later in their solos).

The other cowboy singer (John Wayne something) has a really cool quality about his singing, much more sincere than tall country kid with the low voice who butchered his new song.

I wish the guy (tall, shaved head black dude, reminded me of Ethel Merman at times) who blew the doors down in his solo would not use his lower registers, they just sound creepy weird, especially since his upper registers are powerful and not so grating on the ears.

Kinda glad they didn't give the Durbin solo, I'm sort of already tired of his shrieking wailing.

Hate the karoake dude with the round frame glasses, he just sings so over-the-top, it's tiresome.

The producers really love Lauren Elena, who has this Ms. Piggy vibe about her, but I find her singing voice range just middle of the road for now, but she's only 15 years old (so J-Lo keeps reminding us).

Casey has a good performance vibe about him (he brought the big bass with him), but he'll need a bit of a makeover, I suspect.

JC won't last, even with the cute 15-year old angle, his voice needs to mature.
Old 02-18-11, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Just finished the last 2 episodes.

Very good group of singers this season.

Jacob Lusk, the black guy who sang God bless the child, was sick!! I loved his performance.

I'm also a fan of Lauren, Julie Zorrilla and Thia Megia (I assume she made it even though we didn't see her)

Jacee has the cute chubby kid factor, but I think he's way out of his league. I will be amazed if he makes it past the Las Vegas round.

Scotty is so one note with that deep country voice. Even if he does make it to the top 10 boys, he's going to get eaten in other genres.

to wishy washy whack job Ashley making it. She should have been cut after she failed to even complete her song.
Old 02-18-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Forgetting lyrics has never been a dealbreaker. It's only a dealbreaker if they're trying to pick 24 people and you're in competition for the 24th spot. If the judges think you're one of the 10 best singers, they're putting you through. They're trying to sell a program and records, and they're not going to drop a (say) Carrie Underwood if she forgets a word. They've put through many people in past seasons who flubbed the lyrics. There have even been people in the top 12 who flubbed lyrics and went on. But since there are a lot more people competing for the bottom spots than the top ones, it only makes sense to give yourself the best chance and get the lyrics right.

I always wonder about the utility of telling someone, "Don't screw up." Does it work? If you're a coach and you tell a running back, "Don't fumble!" does he stop fumbling? I can see the value in telling a RB to make sure he secures the ball at all times, or to move it to the side opposite the tackler, or whatever the advice might be. But, "Don't fumble!" ? Gee, thanks coach. I hadn't considered that. It's the same to me for, "Don't forget the lyrics!" I can't see that reminder as doing anything but making the singers more nervous and more apt to forget the lyrics. There's nobody standing up on the stage who thinks forgetting the lyrics would be just fine. It wouldn't surprise me if they mention it to add to the pressure.
Old 02-18-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think if Scotty the Josh Turner impersonator makes it to the top 24, he will be Vote for the Worst's poster boy.
Old 02-18-11, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by david12
That upright bass performance was so good. When the band 'fumbled' into the song...that was perfection.
yea, he's my favorite.

How the hell has that legitimately 100% insane person Ashley made it this far? I hate looking at her. I hate hearing her. I hate the constant reminders of what a nutcase she is.
Old 02-18-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

I would've been shitting rocks if I was in the room with that girl who kept botching her song. I'm surprised she made it through.
Old 02-18-11, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by writer106
I think if Scotty the Josh Turner impersonator makes it to the top 24, he will be Vote for the Worst's poster boy.
that "baby lock them doors..." montage was hilarious.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.