Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Kid Rock Tells Fans

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Kid Rock Tells Fans

Old 02-10-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Kid Rock Tells Fans

Well this is a fun story. Last night was the big Kid Rock concert here in Little Rock. Only problem is we got a major snow storm that dumped 8 -24 inches of snow in AR, and made driving very dangerous. Yet, the show must go on. Kid Rock went ahead with the show, and a number of fans (idiots) did make the trek, some from Lousiana and Memphis, a drive that police said today is impossible to make.

Rock took a good deal of heat for not canceling the show. Some people felt it was pure greed to expect fans to risk their lives in this weather to get to the show. He posted this on his website:

"It's this simple, If you bought tix to tonights show and can't make it, YOU WILL BE GETTING A REFUND, STRAIGHT OUT OF MY POCKET. I've never ripped any of my fans off, EVER!!! I have also NEVER missed a show. I know there are people who drove here from Memphis and Oklahoma, been in there cars all day driving and dealing with this shitty weather, the same as me and my band have the WHOLE TOUR. You so called "fans" on my website bitchin and moanin and saying i'm greedy, can GO FUCK YOURSELVES, plain and simple. Throw out my cd's and lose my number, I don't want drama kings and queens like yall anywhere around myself, band, crew, family or my fans.

Thank you to the real fans who not only understand my situation but defended me. It's not easy to tour in these conditions and also be stuck on the road with a teenage son at home and in high school. I make alot of money, no question, but i've never ripped anyone off to do it. I have sacraficed alot to live this dream and play music for all of you, i wouldn't trade it for the world, but the fact remains. To the people who made it too tonights show, I WON'T LET YOU DOWN. Now, time to make a set list and get ready to ROCK. Hope everyone traveling gets here safe!! Kid Rock (straight from the dressing room!) "

Personally, Rock is doing the right thing refunding out of his pocket, but couldnt he have delayed the show for one freaking nite just for the safety of his fans? Seems like he doesn't give a shit about fans the way he tells them to fuck off.
Old 02-10-11, 02:35 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 574 Likes on 333 Posts
Re: Kid Rock Tells Fans to FUCK OFF

I don't give a shit about Kid Rock not giving a shit about his fans.
Old 02-10-11, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts

I think he's doing the right thing all the way around. He's probably got to get on the road to meet another tour date and he is offering a refund. I imagine he's getting a TON of flack from people which prompted his big F U. I doubt most people can appreciate the logistics of his tour.
Old 02-10-11, 02:37 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't have a problem with this. It's simply not feasible to delay a touring show by one day, as it will throw off the entire schedule. This is why when bands do need to cancel it's frequently months before the show returns.
Old 02-10-11, 02:39 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
re: Kid Rock Tells Fans

Mod note: profanity is not allowed in thread titles.

Incidentally, we have a Music Talk (so I'm moving this.).
Old 02-10-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Kid Rock Tells Fans

I'm no Kid Rock fan, but what the hell? Isn't this the definition of an outcome that pleases everyone? If you already made it all the way out there despite the weather, he's playing the show. If you think it's too dangerous or can't get there, you get a refund. People have a problem with this? Perhaps they should consider how greedy it is to make demands of a person just because they spent $xx (probably less than $100) on a refundable concert ticket.
Old 02-10-11, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when Kid Rock used to make halfway decent music
Old 02-10-11, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cancelling a show in a situation like this isn't weakness. It's for safety. Don't get me wrong! I'm not saying the South wouldn't be a bit better with a few less Kid Rock fans.

The Ben Folds show at Cain's (Tulsa) was cancelled in the midst of the blizzard last week. It's stupid to put your fans in harm's way.
Old 02-10-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

People are capable of self-control. Just because the show is happening doesn't mean you have to go. Then you get the refund. Not hard to understand. If the show was canceled, you'd also get a refund.
Old 02-10-11, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I'm no Kid Rock fan, but what the hell? Isn't this the definition of an outcome that pleases everyone? If you already made it all the way out there despite the weather, he's playing the show. If you think it's too dangerous or can't get there, you get a refund. People have a problem with this? Perhaps they should consider how greedy it is to make demands of a person just because they spent $xx (probably less than $100) on a refundable concert ticket.
I agree. Not a fan, but he's actually always seemed like a semi decent guy despite his "artistic" persona and fanbase

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Now, this... this is lunacy.

Old 02-10-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
People are capable of self-control. Just because the show is happening doesn't mean you have to go. Then you get the refund. Not hard to understand. If the show was canceled, you'd also get a refund.
I'd rather it be rescheduled and my existing ticket be honored than missing the show out of legitimate safety and sanity concerns. You don't always get another chance, especially if you die en route.
Old 02-10-11, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Could you imagine how embarrassing it would be for your friends and family if you were to die en route to this show?

"How did he die?"

"He died in a car wreck on the way to a . . . Kid Rock concert."
Old 02-10-11, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MWB
Could you imagine how embarrassing it would be for your friends and family if you were to die en route to this show?

"How did he die?"

"Well, at least he didn't suffer."
Old 02-10-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I wonder if any fans' seats weren't ready (for safety reasons) and they were moved to the "party plaza" to watch in on a big-screen TV.
Old 02-10-11, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

While Kid Rock may refund the ticket price, I doubt Ticketmaster will be so willing to refund their "service fees."
Old 02-10-11, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
While Kid Rock may refund the ticket price, I doubt Ticketmaster will be so willing to refund their "service fees."
Those fuckers will probably charge a fee to "handle" the refund process.
Old 02-10-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by NORML54601
He really needs to start billing himself as Bob Ritchie, as he is most definitely too old to kid, too soft to rock.

And FWIW, my one experience with ticketmaster refunds (show cancelled due to illness) was quite painless 100% refund. The only delay was waiting to see if they could reschedule first.
Old 02-10-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB

"How did he die?"

At least it wasn't an ICP concert.
Old 02-10-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
At least it wasn't an ICP concert.
When KR's career cools off I would not be surprised if he plays The Gathering of the Juggalos.
Old 02-10-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Those fuckers will probably charge a fee to "handle" the refund process.
I will be charging Ticketmaster a fee to "handle" my scrotum.
Old 02-10-11, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I couldn't care less about what Rock has to say, but he's right.
Old 02-10-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32

Personally, Rock is doing the right thing refunding out of his pocket, but couldnt he have delayed the show for one freaking nite just for the safety of his fans? Seems like he doesn't give a shit about fans the way he tells them to fuck off.
One night wouldn't have made a difference with the amount of snow we got in this area. Hell, I would wager that a week wouldn't make much difference as after we got slammed with one storm another came through and wrecked the place before we could even begin to recover. Just to clarify things tomorrow will be the 9th straight day that schools will be closed here in the majority of eastern Oklahoma.
Old 02-10-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Just to clarify things tomorrow will be the 9th straight day that schools will be closed here in the majority of eastern Oklahoma.
God knows I'm going insane. I love my kids and all, but there's a limit!
Old 02-10-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB

"How did he die?"

"Little Rock Rock City" just doesn't sound right...
Old 02-10-11, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I think he's being very honorable.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.