Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem with Barnes & Noble

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-11, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 3 DVD's from B&N.com during their B2G1F sale and they shipped on Jan. 21, from a town 7 miles away. They went across state and departed there on Jan. 26th never to be heard from again. It's been 14 days since they were last scanned so there obviously lost/stolen. Anyway I contacted B&N through email and 7 days went by with no reply so I sent another email yesterday. Well, I got an email today saying a refund has been processed for my order? Shouldn't they have sent me a replacement order? Their cs sucks otherwise. Anyone else had an experience with them like this?

Last edited by marald; 02-10-11 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-11-11, 08:59 PM

Re: Problem with Barnes & Noble

Not that anyone cares apparently but if you order something from Barnes & Noble's website and it happens to get lost in the mail don't expect them to send a replacement as Amazon would do. The best you can expect is to get your money refunded. When calling cs they said I could reorder but when I asked if I could get the price I had paid at first they said no. Like I'm going to pay their prices for TV on DVD sets. At the end of the call they asked if they could help with anything else (like they actually helped me with the first problem) I just hang up. And I thought deepdiscount's cs was bad. Won't be ordering from them again.
Old 02-13-11, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just had a DVD I ordered from them misrouted by the post office. Fortunately, it did get to me, but I had to wait an extra week thanks to the USPS' crazy way of doing things.

The movie was mistakenly sent to the post office in a town about half an hour's drive from here. Instead of simply having that post office forward it to my PO, half an hour away, they send it all the way back to some central hub (probably a good 80 miles west of me), and then back east again to my local PO.

Not B&N's fault obviously, but glad I didn't have to ask them to replace it.
Old 03-31-11, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Hard to believe, but I only just sorted out my order from the B2G1 sale in January. First, they canceled my free item. I called customer service and managed to have it reinstated. I waited two months and kept being told there was a supply problem and the item would ship eventually. Finally, I demanded they allow me to return the two items I was charged for and give me a full refund. They refused (past their return window), but told me to pick out a new free selection that was of equal or lesser value to that of my canceled item ($15.29). I spent last night browsing their site for any decent titles under $15. The only thing I found even approaching a deal was the Raging Bull Anniversary BD, which is currently 50% off. I placed the order and called CS.

The woman I spoke to seemed to think I was a scam artist -- her tone indicated as much and she asked WAY too many question. After a five minute interrogation and then being placed on hold for 15 minutes, she told me I was not eligible for the free item because I used a MasterCard coupon with the order and that the two coupons could not be combined. I told her the B2G1 offer was applied at checkout with no coupon required. I also informed her that I was not about to let them slight me on the free item when I participated in a valid promotion. She put me on hold again for several minutes, then took my CC info and told me I'd be getting a refund before the new order shipped. Way to much BS to acquire an item I didn't really want -- at least not until it hit $10 or less. Their prices are a joke. Not a single item on my wishlist was under $20.
Old 03-31-11, 05:04 PM

I live abroad and I ordered a DVD box set from Barnes and Noble. Since I live abroad I had to pay shipping charges. When I received the box set there was a scratch on one disk which made the movie skip. I returned the set expecting an exchange for a good set. Instead they gave me a refund for the box set with no refund for the shipping charges both ways. I was not even refunded the shipping that I paid for the original shipment and I had no box set. In other words, I had to pay for the shipping of a defective product both ways!

Last edited by Benshi; 03-31-11 at 05:14 PM.