Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Finding Samsung tv code for JVC dvd remote control

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-11, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding Samsung tv code for JVC dvd remote control

I recently purchased a JVC dvd/vcr recorder (JVC DR-MV100 DVD/VCR Combo Recorder) on eBay. The remote that came with it appears to allow programming for the tv, which in my case is a 22" Samsung model (LN22B460B2D).

The JVC manual and JVC technical support have been no help. What I need is the three digit tv of the Samsung and how to program it into the JVC remote control. I'm hoping the pro's on this forum can help me. If not, what brand of univeral remote would do the job? Thanks for any help offered. It's much appreciated!
Old 01-30-11, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Finding Samsung tv code for JVC dvd remote control

Someone probably can, but this is the wrong forum area to be asking the question since it has nothing to do with DVD releases of movies. E-mail a mod and ask or the thread to me moved to the hardware area. You might also want to include model numbers.
Old 01-30-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Finding Samsung tv code for JVC dvd remote control

I have a really old JVC "Universal remote" and the Samsung code is "12". It might be "012" on yours. The trouble with most JVC remotes is that you have to HOLD DOWN the "TV" button when you are changing the channel or volume. So even after you program it, you have to press and hold "TV" then adjust the volume or channel. Again, mine is at least eight years old, so maybe they have changed this.