Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDUniverse credit, better late than never

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDUniverse credit, better late than never

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-00, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 2 dvds from CDU with that IWON5 coupon. I did end up receiving both dvds intact (quite lucky considering the poor packaging) however I was overcharged on both. I emailed them seperately and received one credit however my other email was ignored. Since I had both dvds working and it was only a single credit I wasn't going to bother getting my credit card company onto it and being overseas I wasn't going to ring them. However I decided to just keep resending the email once a week until the bastards acknowledged my existance.

Anyway about 2 weeks ago after sending the email for about the 4th time I received what appeared to be an automated reply saying "Sorry for the lack of csr email support lately. We've been very busy. Please resend any queries that have not been resolved." So I thought no probs, and resent the email again tagging it with "resent as requested". To my surprise I soon received a reply from someone named Javier Villarrubia saying "a $10 credit owed? sure no probs we'll credit your card". Of course I was dubious so when a week passed with no credit I then emailed him again and asked what was happening? "It takes our department about a week to process credits" he replies, again quite quickly. Yeah yeah right, I thought. But then 2 days later a credit shows up! Woohoo! and with the crappy AUD exchange rate I actually got an xtra $1!! woah!!

So the moral of this story is that if CDU still owe you credits, even if you live overseas, keep bombarding the bastards with emails! As long as it takes!

Goodluck!

Chris D
Old 05-20-00, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I too ordered 1 dvd (What Dreams May Come)and 1 CD with them, with a coupon, and after 1 weeks I went back to see my order and it's completely gone from the order history and 2 days later I get the CD only and I email the CSR and they said the DVD is backordered and they never even email me saying the CD was on the way. What a suprise I got when I was credited for the CD only.Still waiting for thier reply..and they still are working on it for the dvd.Better before ordering with them email and ask they got stock or not, then buy. Even in the webpage it says it got stock don't take a chance.
Old 05-20-00, 08:26 PM

Exactly the same experience with me over two incomplete orders.

If you want a reply from CD Universe send a mail to [email protected], but also send copies to [email protected] and [email protected].
They actually called me at work about my order and were very courteous, but as always with CDU, it was all talk and my order wasn't completed until I harassed them and harassed them.

The biggest joke has to be their live customer service chat - instead of having a dedicated service like Reel, they use a third party service. I lost count of how many times people came into the chatroom to ask if I wanted to play deathmatch Quake while I was trying to rectify my order.

Steer well clear....

Foxy