Old 01-18-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Parenthood -- "Opening Night" -- 1/18/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) catch Haddie (Sarah Ramos) sneaking around with Alex (guest star Michael B. Jordan,"Friday Night Lights" ) and forbid her from seeing him anymore. Sarah (Lauren Graham) faces a new challenge when Drew (Miles Heizer) tells her he needs to sell five hundred dollars worth of wrapping paper. Meanwhile, Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) have to deal with Jabbar's (Tyree Brown) bad case of stage fright right before the school play.

Episode 13 of 22

FYI, after tonight, the show returns February 1st for it's last Tuesday at 10pm airing. Then it takes about 1 month off and returns March 7th (Monday) at 10pm in it's new timeslot for the remainder of the season.
Old 01-18-11, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "Opening Night" -- 1/18/11

Originally Posted by DJariya

FYI, after tonight, the show returns February 1st for it's last Tuesday at 10pm airing. Then it takes about 1 month off and returns March 7th (Monday) at 10pm in it's new timeslot for the remainder of the season.
This has changed. Parenthood isn't moving anymore and will stay on Tuesdays for the rest of the season. Law And Order: LA has been postponed, and will show up at some point later in the season. Harry's Law having a strong opening last night probably factored into this as well.
Old 01-18-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheKing
This has changed. Parenthood isn't moving anymore and will stay on Tuesdays for the rest of the season. Law And Order: LA has been postponed, and will show up at some point later in the season. Harry's Law having a strong opening last night probably factored into this as well.
Yeah I just saw that. That's actually very good news for this show's future. It would have been DOA on Monday's at 10pm.
Old 01-18-11, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah I just saw that. That's actually very good news for this show's future. It would have been DOA on Monday's at 10pm.
No doubt. Looks like Harry's Law having a somewhat decent number and Parenthood being in the low 2's since its 1.5 month timeoff really improved it's chances. LOLA looks like a goner.
Old 01-18-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
No doubt. Looks like Harry's Law having a somewhat decent number and Parenthood being in the low 2's since its 1.5 month timeoff really improved it's chances. LOLA looks like a goner.
Law and Order: LA still has 14 episodes left. It needs to come back by late February/early March at the latest to get them all aired in time by May sweeps. But, that's a different discussion.

Just glad Parenthood has a fighting chance now.
Old 01-18-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Glad to hear Parenthood is staying at it's current time!
Old 01-18-11, 08:55 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

^ Same here. I think this season has been great so far (Michael B. Jordan has been a welcome addition).
Old 01-18-11, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Law and Order: LA still has 14 episodes left. It needs to come back by late February/early March at the latest to get them all aired in time by May sweeps. But, that's a different discussion.

Just glad Parenthood has a fighting chance now.
On TVbtN someone said it's possible NBC may just skip the rest of the Skeet episodes and start 'fresh' with Episode 15 (so 8 episodes). Does sort of make sense.
Old 01-19-11, 10:29 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Kind of a weak episode, in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of the Haddie character arc. I thought Alex actually talked a little bit of sense into her when he called her on Amber's phone, but then in the next scene, she was still annoying.
I liked Zeke getting Crosby to stick up for himself a bit. Zeke's probably my favourite character on the show right now. I especially liked when he told Sarah her rent was due. "I don't pay rent." "Oh, really? huh..."
Old 01-19-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
Kind of a weak episode, in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of the Haddie character arc. I thought Alex actually talked a little bit of sense into her when he called her on Amber's phone, but then in the next scene, she was still annoying.
I liked Zeke getting Crosby to stick up for himself a bit. Zeke's probably my favourite character on the show right now. I especially liked when he told Sarah her rent was due. "I don't pay rent." "Oh, really? huh..."
Haddie's definitely being a whiny brat over this whole thing (as most teenagers would be) but she's actually not wrong.

Her parents are coming up with the WORST excuses I've ever heard for having her not date someone (Especially because the guy's constantly doing the right thing in terms of talking to her parents, treating her with respect, etc) and they actually should be more open to the idea of her dating him.

Though I agree that if he ever at any time starts to slip, she would need to get out of there rather then go through something like that.
Old 01-19-11, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the parents let them date, they date for 3 months, then he slips, so the parents say, "Whoops, OK NOW you have to drop him." That'll go over well 3 months more into it. What I like about the situation is everyone is essentially right. The only difference is the parents want to err on the side of caution, and Haddie wants to err on the side of her heart. So far the "boyfriend" is being projected as presented as basically a saint. I'm not sure most 19 year old guys living solo would be so... altruistic... towards a 16 year old girl. His fall almost has to come. I'd actually like to hear the parents actually honestly discuss the situation with the daughter. Put all their fears on the table, and hear what Haddie has to say about them.

On another note, I'm not sure why resisting being told you can't be with the one you love is whiny bratty. I think most people would resist that, not just teens.
Old 01-21-11, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am really liking the pink eyeshadow on Bland. It works for the character and the actress.

As for the Haddie/Wallace from the Wire romance, perhaps her parents could agree to supervised dates between them. Or take his door off its hinges.