Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar Spring Tour! Helmet to play "Meantime" in its entirety!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar Spring Tour! Helmet to play "Meantime" in its entirety!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar for Metalliance Tour

01/11/2011

The 2011 Metalliance Tour lineup has officially been announced, the inaugural trek will feature Helmet, Saint Vitus and Crowbar.

The festival tour will run through the U.S. from March 17th through April 5th.

Helmet will perform their 1992 platinum-selling release of Meantime in its entirety. The Interscope Records release gave the band mainstream attention with songs like "Unsung" and "In The Meantime". With the
band's renewed success after getting back together in 2004, this tour will be one of the most anticipated of 2011.

One of the most highly influential Doom Metal bands in America, SAINT VITUS are regarded as one of the first bands of the genre starting out as early as the 1970's. The band has done a handful of shows and some European Festivals but this will be their first full US tour in over a decade.

Crowbar front man Kirk Windstein concludes, "Wow! This tour is gonna rule! I've loved Helmet since the beginning and loved St. Vitus even longer. With the new Crowbar record having hit the streets by then, look out! This bill will bring just what we need to crush each city with an avalanche of stylistic thunder!"

Meantime is one of my top ten albums of all time, I CAN'T WAIT!
Old 01-12-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar Spring Tour! Helmet to play "Meantime" in its entirety

Great album. In fact, the only Helmet album I like.
Old 01-12-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Helmet, St. Vitus, Crowbar Spring Tour! Helmet to play "Meantime" in its entirety

Saint Vitus? God, I haven't heard them in a looong time. Sounds like a killer show (even though SV should headline, imho).