Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Availability of DVD/VCD's for "Gunmen" (Mue Puen) and "My Sky, My Home" (Langitk

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Availability of DVD/VCD's for "Gunmen" (Mue Puen) and "My Sky, My Home" (Langitk

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-00, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok. Somewhat related to my post in DVDtalk forum, I'm looking for a few movies, Indonesian/Thai and Pinoy (no suggestions there yet). Does anyone know if "Gunmen" (Mue Puen) or "My Sky, My Home" (Langitku, Rumahku) are available on DVD, or would I have more luck looking for VCD's -- I am actually visiting my folks in Indonesia for five weeks starting a week from Tues.

Any information would be very much appreciated. incidentally, what are the main VCD sites where I would have luck finding movies like these? Any other recommendations incidentally? I need something with subtitles though I'm signed up to relearn Indonesian this Fall.

thanks
Tuan Jim

------------------
My mommy always said there were no monsters. No real ones. But there are.

-- Newt
Old 08-22-10, 09:19 AM

Re: Availability of DVD/VCD's for "Gunmen" (Mue Puen) and "My Sky, My Home" (Langitk

Langitku Rumahku (My Sky My Home) is available on DVD from David Hanan's idealistic Monash University enterprise called Between 3 Worlds (B3W) .
I have bought several DVDs from B3W because Monash University is near my home and to be honest most of these films are extremely hard or impossible to get hold of. The price is high, but most of the proceeds go directly back to the film makers themselves. I work for the Indonesian Film Festival in Australia, and greatly appreciate that Mr Hanan, who is a university lecturer, has gone to such lengths to preserve these significant and rare films.
Old 08-22-10, 11:51 AM

Re: Availability of DVD/VCD's for "Gunmen" (Mue Puen) and "My Sky, My Home" (Langitk

I've bouoght tht DVD and its great
Old 08-22-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)

Wow....a 10 year thread bump. Who'da thought it.

Links help if you're giving purchase recommendations though.