Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : No tracking from Amazon now?

Viper187
01-10-11, 02:03 PM
I've got a pile of recent Amazon shipping confirmations in my email, all USPS, and they all say "This shipment does not have an associated tracking or delivery
confirmation number." They always did before. Anyone else getting this? USPS "tracking" numbers aren't really worth shit anyway, but still.

Larry C.
01-10-11, 03:00 PM
Yep USPS sucks for that kinda stuff.

zombeaner
01-10-11, 03:22 PM
Usually you can get the tracking # by going into your account on Amazon and clicking "track"

JayDerek
01-10-11, 03:25 PM
but if they're shipped via USPS, normally there's very little tracking involved - and that's not Amazon's fault.

if Amazon ships via UPS, then the tracking is solid.

RonG617
01-10-11, 05:46 PM
I have been getting tracking numbers for all of my recent orders via USPS. The only time I don't is if I buy through a marketplace seller.

Groucho
01-10-11, 05:53 PM
I have tracking numbers on all my Prime orders.

EdTheRipper
01-10-11, 08:28 PM
but if they're shipped via USPS, normally there's very little tracking involved - and that's not Amazon's fault.

if Amazon ships via UPS, then the tracking is solid.

Agreed. USPS tracking offers an extremely limited amount of information. With UPS tracking, it's very informative.

acubfaninmd
01-10-11, 08:51 PM
I get tracking numbers for all my orders from Amazon thru USPS. It is always the same though, it ships from Fed Ex Smartpost in WV and arrives to my PO Box the next day. Would have it shipped to my apartment but my postman and UPS man always just leave package in front of my door and I really don't trust the people in my neighborhood so a PO Box is the easiest way to make sure I receive my packages.

bunkaroo
01-11-11, 01:42 PM
This just happened to me - it was for their courier type delivery not the USPS. This is bad, because it is these sometimes shady couriers which fail delivering the most, and without any need to mark items delivered for tracking purposes, they will get away with stealing more goods. Looks like I'm not even safe ordering from Amazon once in a while anymore.

Bob_Bobbson
01-11-11, 03:01 PM
I had the same deal in 2 shipping confirmation emails from Amazon last week. One was shipped UPS, the other Fed Ex.

Spottedfeather
01-11-11, 04:01 PM
I've only ever had problems with USPS. In 2009, I ordered a bunch of Christmas presents and with just a few days before Christmas, they hadn't showed up. So, they sent some more on overnight service. I also just happened to get the original order..so I had double the stuff. Just this last Christmas, the same thing. Ordered some stuff and it didn't show up. So they sent more. Again, I got the original order a while later. So, again, I had double the stuff. I've never had ANY trouble when they've shipped through UPS.

jjcool
01-11-11, 04:51 PM
HAvent really had this problem. Have noticed that they are no longer emailing me the tracking numbers. I ahve to go into My Account to get the tracking numbers.

davidh777
01-13-11, 02:47 AM
If USPS doesn't keep up with the competition, they could find themselves in trouble

ScissorPuppy
01-13-11, 09:34 AM
If USPS doesn't keep up with the competition, they could find themselves in trouble

They SHOULD already be in serious trouble. They are tightly connected to the Government which is why they still exist. If USPS were a privately owned company, they would have been dead years ago. I only send letters with them, which is only because I am FORCED to by law. Open up the mail boxes to fed-ex and ups and the USPS would die quickly. I cannot tell you how many lost packages and letters I have had in the past 6 months, horrible service.

ben12
01-13-11, 11:42 AM
They SHOULD already be in serious trouble. They are tightly connected to the Government which is why they still exist. If USPS were a privately owned company, they would have been dead years ago. I only send letters with them, which is only because I am FORCED to by law. Open up the mail boxes to fed-ex and ups and the USPS would die quickly. I cannot tell you how many lost packages and letters I have had in the past 6 months, horrible service.UPS and FedEx would also charge a lot more than 50 cents to mail a letter.

bunkaroo
01-13-11, 05:18 PM
jjcol is right - the tracking number is in your account just not in the email. Weird. I wonder why the change - maybe a security thing?

davidh777
01-14-11, 12:13 AM
They SHOULD already be in serious trouble. They are tightly connected to the Government which is why they still exist. If USPS were a privately owned company, they would have been dead years ago. I only send letters with them, which is only because I am FORCED to by law. Open up the mail boxes to fed-ex and ups and the USPS would die quickly. I cannot tell you how many lost packages and letters I have had in the past 6 months, horrible service.

Sorry, I was joking :lol:

Jeffforensics
01-27-11, 05:55 PM
Many vendors on Amazon don't use delivery conformation. It means no tracking number.
PS: USPS is already in trouble.

Viper187
01-27-11, 06:09 PM
Many vendors on Amazon don't use delivery conformation. It means no tracking number.
PS: USPS is already in trouble.

Maybe, but I was talking about Amazon itself. Not the marketplace sellers.

Jeffforensics
01-27-11, 06:16 PM
Amazon try to save a penny as well. Millions of sales adds up to millions in savings.

WallyOPD
01-27-11, 07:19 PM
Agreed. USPS tracking offers an extremely limited amount of information. With UPS tracking, it's very informative.

Oddly enough, my most recent package from Amazon sent UPS had very lackluster tracking. It got a "Shipment has left seller facility" on Thursday morning, an arrival listing at a nearby suburb on Monday afternoon, and a delivery notice on Tuesday. Those were the only 3 entries ever listed.

big whoppa
01-28-11, 04:27 AM
USPS technically does not issue tracking numbers. The numbers they have are delivery confirmation numbers which serve to let buyer and seller know when it reaches its destination. Sometimes, it may give information about points between buyer and seller but it is not required.