DVD Talk
Need a separate account for amazon UK even if you have a USA account? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Need a separate account for amazon UK even if you have a USA account?

mario_c
01-09-11, 02:39 PM
OK, I did a search here and at amazon.co.uk and I'm stumped. I have a few discs I would like to buy but the Buy Now button doesn't come up, even if it's listed as in stock. And they list me as a member with a valid address and everything.
It's not a big deal to re-register, I guess, but I'm not sure if it's an importing issue or what. I would rather not complain to tech support so if anyone has experience resolving this issue it would make me a happy guy. Thanks!

DVDMagic
01-09-11, 06:31 PM
nope, you just can log in under your Amazon.com account ino and you'll be good to go.

I've ordered from there several times with no issues whatsoever.

DarthVong
01-09-11, 06:35 PM
Nope just checked and my account worked on the UK site.

Groucho
01-09-11, 10:04 PM
Sure don't. I logged into the UK site back in October to pre-order Battle Royale and had no problems!

placing the order anyway...grumble

mario_c
01-09-11, 10:30 PM
Thanks very much for replying, people. I switched from Firefox to Safari on Mac and it worked fine. Get with the program, Amazon!

mythmaker18
01-13-11, 04:00 PM
Thanks very much for replying, people. I switched from Firefox to Safari on Mac and it worked fine. Get with the program, Amazon!

I hate Safari (use Camino myself). What I really hate is those people who make their websites optimised for (or compatible only with) Internet Explorer, which has been dead on the Mac for many moons! I don't see the logic in developing stuff for a browser that isn't cross-platform!