Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Warranty Service

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a video camera with an extended warranty 3 years ago which I turned in for repairs under their warranty service. I got a completion date of 12/26. Then when I followed up with Best Buy, no one could tell me the status and it took them 3 days to call me back to tell me the date is now Jan 3rd. When I checked on the 3rd, no one knew which repair center had the camera and never got an updated. Yesterday I stopped in the store and now they tell me a second part is on order and won't be in until the 18th. I was told if I need my video camera so badly, just go buy another one. Why did I buy a warranty was my reply? What a joke Best Buy can be with their service!
Old 01-06-11, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Warranty Service

Same thing happened with an old laptop I had years back. I think I had to call three or so times to actually track down what was happening to it. When I got it back, the AC adapter and battery were missing.

But they tracked down missing warranty information and replaced a lamp in my parents' DLP TV pretty quickly.

It's pretty hit and miss with them.
Old 01-19-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Warranty Service

this is why Apple is nice in the products they offer, especially idevices. stop by apple store, have genius verify it's broke, walk out with a new one.

when i had to get my iphone replaced almost a year ago, the entire process took 20 minutes. including waiting in line

i have to buy a new laptop this year and thinking about doing it from Costco just for the chance that i might have to have it repaired