Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DD B1G1 Free on Sony TVonDVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
DD B1G1 Free on Sony TVonDVD

Not an endorsement of DD - just notice of the sale as there are some good deals *if* you want to chance shipping, etc. with DD.

Buy 1 title from the list of titles and receive 1 of equal or lesser value FREE. When purchasing multiple items you will be charged for the higher priced items and those of equal or lesser value will be at no charge. Prices are subject to change. Enter Promotion Code SONYTVBOGO. Offer Ends 01/17/11 at Noon CST

Link on image above or here.

If you don't trust DD check amazon. They are matching most/all of the prices without having to buy one to get one. i.e. titles are almost half (generally a few cents higher) the listed DD price. See the Amazon - TV on DVD sale thread for titles/prices/discussion.
Old 01-05-11, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DD B1G1 Free on Sony TVonDVD

I picked up a few that Amazon didn't seem to be matching with their sale.
(They were all in stock so I have faith I will see them fairly soon...I guess I am one of the lucky ones who has never had any problems with DD.)
Old 01-05-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I decided after what DD just did to me with a B1G1 free order that I'll never place another such order from them unless the price for the "full priced" title is something I can live with. DD is showing a tendency to ship the full priced item (possibly after waiting a very long time) and then cancel the free one on you. It was nothing short of a miracle that I got my other B1GM free orders intact. If I ever order with DD again, each item needs to have an acceptable price on an individual basis. So I'm not even going to look at this DD sale. I'll just check the Amazon ones.
Old 01-05-11, 10:36 AM

"The Jeffersons" is on sale here, but not at Amazon.
Old 01-05-11, 10:41 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

My Boys is a pretty good deal on here too
Old 01-05-11, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I decided after what DD just did to me with a B1G1 free order that I'll never place another such order from them unless the price for the "full priced" title is something I can live with. DD is showing a tendency to ship the full priced item (possibly after waiting a very long time) and then cancel the free one on you. It was nothing short of a miracle that I got my other B1GM free orders intact. If I ever order with DD again, each item needs to have an acceptable price on an individual basis. So I'm not even going to look at this DD sale. I'll just check the Amazon ones.
I've stopped posting lists of DD's sales because of that. I'm still waiting for "free" items I ordered in August.
Old 01-06-11, 07:30 PM

Well I only read all the nay saying about DD in the Amazon sale thread after I placed an order with DD. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but half of my order is shipping and since there is an odd number of items shipped the BOGO ratio is tilted in thier favor. Hopefully this will all work out as I placed the order as one batch, depsite how they ship and charge for it.
Old 01-07-11, 10:25 AM

Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Deep Discount website? I have tried the past few days and continue to get this error message:

Bad Request
HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed.

I also tried through Google but get the same result.

The last time I was on there was when they had their big annual sale and had no problems what so ever. This has never happened before when I used to go on there more frequently.

Larry S.
Old 01-07-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems here. I can access the website, and my account... Sounds like your browser security settings may need to be tweaked. Try a different browser and see if it works then...
Old 01-07-11, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
So ... DD is showing a tendency to to ship the full priced item and then cancel the free one on you. But you got your other B1GM(?) free orders intact (sez you). But in the Amazon thread, DD has screwed you on your free DVD!

Which is it?

Last edited by hilts; 01-07-11 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-07-11, 05:38 PM

FWIW, DD canceled a full-priced item on my August order. I got the free item for FREE.
Old 01-07-11, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 3dipper
FWIW, DD canceled a full-priced item on my August order. I got the free item for FREE.
I don't think DD is being malicious with what is canceled. It's just the luck of the draw. I had a free item shipped too when the B1 went OOP.

The problem I see is with their CS that seems to be unresponsive to special needs. So far, I've not had a problem with then they didn't resolve, but it's been a while since I had to contact them.
Old 01-08-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by hilts
So ... DD is showing a tendency to to ship the full priced item and then cancel the free one on you. But you got your other B1GM(?) free orders intact (sez you). But in the Amazon thread, DD has screwed you on your free DVD!

Which is it?
I'm not sure why you're confused because I thought I said the same things in both threads. They sent my B1GM orders correctly but on this last B1G1F order they screwed me on the free one by canceling it and only shipping the full priced one. [I emailed DD and they haven't responded (as I expected), and I tried calling twice and gave up after long holds, so I hope taking it back to the post office unopened will get my money back since I can't get an RMA from them. If not, I'll have to deal with it through my credit card company. I'm not wasting hours on the phone to a company like DD who doesn't know how to provide customer service.] Perhaps your problem is with the word "tendency". OK, they only did it to me once but I've noticed some other posts lately where it's happening to others too.

I agree with That'sAllFolks in that I never said DD is doing this on purpose (just as I learned GoHastings isn't cancel happy on purpose... it's just the way their system is (poorly) set up). However, I can read about it happening to other people and I think my luck will hold out, but when it happens to me then I say no more orders with free items. Replace the word "tendency" with "increased probability from my experience" if it makes you feel better.
Old 01-08-11, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

btw.. Amazon has matched some of these prices. for example, Hart to Hart per season price is 50% of the DD price so basically you can get S1 & S2 from Amazon for same price as DD.
Old 01-09-11, 09:46 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dipper
That also happened to me. I have now received everything I ordered that wasn't canceled from the August and September 2 for 1 sales. Good things come to the very patient. The one item canceled went OP.
Old 01-13-11, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mr Articulate
Well I only read all the nay saying about DD in the Amazon sale thread after I placed an order with DD. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but half of my order is shipping and since there is an odd number of items shipped the BOGO ratio is tilted in thier favor. Hopefully this will all work out as I placed the order as one batch, depsite how they ship and charge for it.
Got a notice that a second shipment is going out (of 15, all but one item has been shipped), and so far BOGO is working properly.
Old 01-18-11, 11:35 AM

Well, though this sale is over, I picked up my orders at the PO and all were correct and well packed. I'd order again from DD.