DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Bootleg on EBay

SHub
01-03-11, 07:09 PM
I purchased the 6 disc star wars trilogy on ebay, the seller had over 10,000 feedback a 99.5 positive feedback so I figured I was alright. Turns out the only thing that was authentic was the outside cover, everything else was a bootleg. I sent the seller a message letting him know I knew these were all bootlegs as I have a couple of the same Star Wars dvd's. What should my next step of action be?

DarthVong
01-03-11, 07:11 PM
I purchased the 6 disc star wars trilogy on ebay, the seller had over 10,000 feedback a 99.5 positive feedback so I figured I was alright. Turns out the only thing that was authentic was the outside cover, everything else was a bootleg. I sent the seller a message letting him know I knew these were all bootlegs as I have a couple of the same Star Wars dvd's. What should my next step of action be?

uhm...contact Ebay buyer protection?

mortalplague
01-03-11, 08:38 PM
Well shit, after hearing everyone else talking about bootleg stuff on ebay i finally opened up How i met your mother season 1 (Ibought them in a 4 pack from ebay seller) Not only are the discs not original, disc 1 is cracked all the way through and there's a picture of forgetting sarah marshall in the background!!!

Do not buy from SunnyDeals23

ResIpsa
01-03-11, 09:18 PM
Send Lemmy after them.

kd5
01-03-11, 10:31 PM

If you don't want to keep the bootlegs, send the seller another message and tell him you want refunded for these. He'll probably want you to ship them back to him, whether or not the seller will pay return shipping will sometimes depend on how convincing (or how decent about it) you can be. If the seller gets shitty, take it through proper channels with Ebay. -kd5-

Lemmy
01-04-11, 07:55 AM
Send Lemmy after them.

:lol: Yes, let's kill them all!

All kidding aside....I've never bought a bootleg from eBay unintentionally (I've gambled on a few titles that I wanted badly enough to buy a bootleg, even though I knew it was a bootleg).

I carefully consider every DVD/blu on a case-by-case basis. After nearly 1,000 deals on eBay (65% or more were my purchases, not my sales), I've never once been disappointed with a DVD/blu purchase, because I do the research necessary to not get ripped off.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like duck....it's probably a bootleg DVD on eBay!

DirkUSA
01-04-11, 08:33 AM
They sell bootlegs on Ebay??? No way!!!

Contact Ebay, file a claim and get your money back!

Or get Lemmy to get your money back, either way you should be OK!

Troy Stiffler
01-06-11, 11:01 PM
Ugg. I don't like to even think about it anymore. But eBay is UNBELIEVABLE for not cracking down on bootleg DVD's. It's like 80% bootlegs. I bought Miike's Dead or Alive Trilogy this week. If he didn't specifically indicate "this is on oem DVD, from my personal collection", I wouldn't have considered. There's sooo much junk on there.

And then I get seriously penalized for accidently listing two matching industrial-supply part #'s at one time (they don't allow multiple listings anymore).