Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Future of Manufactured On Demand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-11, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future of Manufactured On Demand?

What is the future of Mod?Warner has a lot of titles,Sony has much less.
I hope Universal comes out with Mods for their abandoned TV series.
Warner has Cheyenne Season 2 available on Mod.
Old 01-02-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Future of Manufactured On Demand?

I would like too see the WWE get involved in MOD. Would love to watch the older stuff especially from the 1970s and early 80s. I think NFL Films has MOD(or did have) but they are much too expensive.
Old 01-02-11, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think MOD will continue to grow, albeit slowly (mostly due to the devaluation of physical copies). Geezers like me demand a physical copy, and will accept no less, even if I have to make my own. But their financial growth would be more rapid if they'd only lower the price to a reasonable amount.
Old 01-02-11, 12:53 PM
Banned

If they can get the quality control...under control, it will really take off.
Old 01-02-11, 03:31 PM

I would imagine with more studios participating in MOD programs, prices will drop or the amount of sales will increase. I also expect more abandoned TV series will be finished off via MOD.
Old 01-02-11, 05:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
If they can get the quality control...under control, it will really take off.
I've had no problems and I own about 100 MODs. A few have some slight rainbow boxes, but it lasts for a frame or two only. They're played on a Tosh HDA1 HDDVD player and the upscaling makes them look beautiful!

Maybe the problem you talk about is because people are playing them on old players. It states right on the DVDs that they might not play on all devices. I bet they'll play on all BD players. They play on my Panny BD30 and it was one of the first BD players on the market.
Old 01-02-11, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sparks
I've had no problems and I own about 100 MODs. A few have some slight rainbow boxes, but it lasts for a frame or two only. They're played on a Tosh HDA1 HDDVD player and the upscaling makes them look beautiful!

Maybe the problem you talk about is because people are playing them on old players. It states right on the DVDs that they might not play on all devices. I bet they'll play on all BD players. They play on my Panny BD30 and it was one of the first BD players on the market.
I've had stuff that I burned back in '99 or so (back when Best Buy started carrying the first DVD-R set-top recorders), and it all plays flawlessly in my Sony BDP-S360...but back when I first started making DVDs, they wouldn't play in about half the players I tried them in (not any of my players; I did better research than that when I bought them, as far as DVD-R playability goes; it was all on other folks' players...yes, I used to be an eBay "obtainer of rare DVD antiquities", with a "no returns" policy).

The key to having no playback issues is simply to have a player that most easily accepts burned discs. Folks should do a bit more research before buying; the info's just waiting to be Googled by them.