Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Problem with CH

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-11, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem with CH

I signed up for CH two years ago and my contract is almost up. Unfortunately, both my wife and I have lost our jobs in the last few months. I have been contacting my credit card companies and anywhere else where I owe money. I have been granted extensions from all of these places except for CH. In fact, they decided to go ahead and charge me for the movies I have not gotten yet now, instead of when my contract is up on Jan 23rd. To me they just broke the contract by charging me before it was up.

Any advice?
Old 01-01-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Problem with CH

Have you talked to them about it? Other than that there isn't much else you can do.
Old 01-01-11, 03:26 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Does code 801490 still work for buy 1 get 2? Some have gotten to work twice on one account.
You should contact them to give you until january 23 like your contract says. Then use the code to get 1 bd and 2 DVD's worth a lot like the criterion ones and sell them and get your money back. High valued Dvd's are as good as cash on the resale market. Otherwise they are unlikely to do more then give you until jan.23 if you already talked to them.
Old 01-02-11, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g
Does code 801490 still work for buy 1 get 2?
I used it a few days after Christmas and went to use it again yesterday and now it says it's expired. I'm guessing because 2010 is over.
Old 01-02-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vichyfrance
I used it a few days after Christmas and went to use it again yesterday and now it says it's expired. I'm guessing because 2010 is over.
'Tis true.
Old 01-03-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although not really relating to the OP's topic, it does fall under the title "Problem with CH" and no other thread seems fitting, so I'll post it here. When using up my bonus points for 2010, I found a loophole. I had 14 bonus points, and it allowed me to add TWO 13 point items for free. So I ordered both, and figured the worst that coupon happen was they would cancel one. Well, I checked my account today, and noticed that they canceled one, and placed a new order for that item at full price! I certainly didn't expect them to do that.

Thankfully I noticed before they shipped it, so was able to call and cancel. But we may want to be careful when we find glitches and loopholes at CH, since they may fix the glitch and charge the higher price without getting our permission. I was very surprised they did that...

BTW, I did end up saving 50 cents in the long run. Shipping for one would have been $2.99, and shipping for two $4.98. Since only one item shipped, I was charged half, so I only paid $2.49...