Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Beauty And The Beast Problems ?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 11:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got Beauty And The Beast for Christmas and wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen. At the start of the movie, where Belle is trapped in the tower after she gets her dad set free, the Beast turns to leave the room. He says "do you wanna stay here?" or something to that effect. Except that when he says that, "wanna" is said twice. I don't notice anything wrong with the animation, though. The rest of the movie plays fine. Also, when I tried to play the movie on my laptop, when Belle is wandering around the castle, it skipped for a second, with the animation freezing, but the audio kept going until it caught up. I tried it on my normal blu-ray player. The repeating audio is still there but the skipping isn't. I have never had troubles with a Disney movie before. Also, the movie takes FOREVER to load, something that I have never experienced before. I really wish that Disney, and other studios, too, would stop loading up the discs with so much Java crap. It's just not necessary. Not only does it take forever to load, the discs won't save their place when you press stop.
Old 12-31-10, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Beauty And The Beast Problems ?

This is very odd. I totally missed this. I did notice Beast saying "wanna" twice, but I never thought it was a mistake before. If you turn on the subtitle, it actually is written twice, (You wanna... You wanna stay in the tower?) So I would actually say this is intentional. However, what is interesting and odd is, when I played my original DVD release from long time ago - He only says it ONCE!!!! So I don't know if they changed this on purpose(turn on your subtitle) or a mistake.

You have to be more specific in the scene where Belle is wandering, but I didn't really notice any skipping while watching on my PS3.

I agree that this disc is slow. Even navigating the menu takes longer than others. Far worse is the actual skipping video and audio in the documentary (hope the next firmware upgrade will solve this)
But for saving the place you last watched, it does remember it. Whenever I restart my disc, it always ask that "this film has been viewed before and would I like to continue where I left off"
Old 12-31-10, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh. Yours starts at where it left off ? What kind of player are you using ? Mine is a magnavox blu-ray player. The only blu-rays that I've found that won't keep it's place are ones that aren't bogged down with intensive Java menus, games, and the like. I tried to test the skipping on my laptop, but it didn't happen again, nor did it happen on my standalone blu-ray player. Oh, well. My computer does seem to save it's place. Maybe it's just the kind of player that someone uses. Maybe because computers have more memory ? I just got done going through the double "wanna" scene on my original dvd copy of the movie and the double word isn't there. If it's on the subtitle, maybe it's some sort of tweak that they made. Another thing that bugs me about the blu-ray is that it doesn't have all the features of the dvd version....which is a horrible miss-sight. There is certainly enough room for everything. Guess I'll have to keep my dvd version. Another thing I noticed about the original dvd is the aspect ratio. The blu-ray fills the entire screen of my widescreen computer, but there is a thin-ish black frame around the picture of the original dvd. The aspect is fine, the frame just doesn't quite fill the screen. I had to watch the blu-ray on my normal tv. On an HD computer screen, the picture is just too bright and sharp. Does that sound weird ?
Old 01-01-11, 12:35 AM

This is what I’ve heard from different Disney forums.

Apparently this was a sound editing mistake that happened with the original theatrical release of the movie. They fixed it for the Home Video and DVD release but after some protest from fans they restored the audio glitch for the Blu-ray release.
Old 01-01-11, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gdstudent

Apparently this was a sound editing mistake that happened with the original theatrical release of the movie. They fixed it for the Home Video and DVD release but after some protest from fans they restored the audio glitch for the Blu-ray release.
"YOU ARE CORRECT"
It was indeed in the original theatrical release of the movie.
Old 01-01-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstudent

True, except that the stutter was also in the original VHS release of the film.

Also, according to this page, the stutter was on TV versions of the film, at least until the IMAX version came out:
http://www.alligatorjuice.com/humanagain.html