Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are we ever gonna get a 50% off deal

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Are we ever gonna get a 50% off deal

Old 05-06-00, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw the DVDJam offer, which, once again, does not apply internationally. I've only had a DVD player for a few months and while i know that it's still a great deal to buy at regular prices from the US, i wish we cuold get an offer for 50% off which we could exploit to the max - must be just round the corner as most companies say they will have international shipping pretty soon.

Anyway, on a lighter note, if you're interested, Bidworld.co.uk are selling Batman Forever for £6 which inc. P&P. They have 5 copies left as of today. They're not on the website, but i was emailed with this info. I suggest emailing them to see itf they have any left.
Old 05-06-00, 09:42 AM

I can't see that happening due to the cost of the shipping charges. The best way of getting deals internationally is to take advantage of coupons and GC's up for grabs.

I'd advise you (if you're not already) to start playing Jaboom (to get Amazon GC's for free DVDs) and to play the Movie Trivia Challenge game (even if it is a little crummy, it's still a money off deal)

You should be able to get a DVD shipped over here for about £10, which is probably 50% off the UK price.

Just post some messages on here if you need more details.

Foxy.
Old 05-06-00, 10:45 AM

Hi Foxy,

Yeah, please could you give me some more details about this. I'll be honest, i haven't looked into the GC idea, cos it ususally means wrtiting articles or playing games which i have trouble finding time for. But if you can give me some pointers, i'll have a look into it.
Old 05-06-00, 11:14 AM

OK, well (IMO) the best place to get DVDs from is Reel. Unfortunately the time of multiple Reel coupons (& 40% pre-orders) has gone, but there's still bargains to be had. I suggest you keep an eye on the 'DVD Bargains' forum as I'm sure some coupons will start appearing soon - but in the meantime there is 3 ways of saving money at Reel:

1) Play the Movie Trivia game at Reel. This will only pocket you $0.125 a day, but is worth doing as it will only take you less than a minute to complete. There is ways to maximise the number of coupons yo get (i.e by setting up more than one trivia account) but I'm not going to go into that.

2) ****** - go to ****** and set up an account, this will net you a rebate on every purchase you make.

3) BFL - read jonathan.e's brillian thread on this in the DVD bargains forum. This will net you either a rebate or free shipping for your order.

I am by no means an expert on any of these topics, but if you search for 'Reel Trivia', '******' and 'BFL' in the DVD bargains forum.

Jaboomis a way of getting Amazon gift certificates at quite a remarkable rate. Again you've missed out on Jaboom when they were virtually throwing GC's away the other weekend, but it still remains a good offer. You can review 50 songs a day (works out at 700 points a day at 1 star level). An Amazon GC for $12 can be cashed out for 1000 points (i.e just over a days work - therefore a weeks work will net you a $68 gift certificate) - so if you can spare an hour an evening (I usually play at 11pm-12am when I've got nothing better to do) by the end of the week you can afford around 3 DVD's + shipping for free.

One thing us international DVD buyers will have to accept is that we're never going to get DVDs for as cheap as the Americans, but we can maximise our savings by keeping and eye on the forums. I've got most of my DVDs for between £8-£12 including shipping (when I haven't used a GC), still cheaper than going down to HMV, Woolworths etc.

If there's anything I've missed I'm sure jonathan.e will fill you in

Good Luck

Foxy
Old 05-06-00, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Way to go Foxy,
I been doing just the same as you and that's the only way we can get the savings.Free shipping with Brands For Less is really helping us,So i always try to find a new way and Jaboom is money for free.
Old 05-06-00, 06:29 PM

Cheers for the info, Foxy.