DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Best Buy RZ $10 Loyalty Bonus Certificate

Jane2001
12-17-10, 10:24 AM
Got this in my email today and went to BB RZ and printed the certificate. Be on the look out for this email or check your RZ account.

EDIT: expires on 12/25/2010

From email:

Here's a little something in appreciation of your loyalty this year–a $10 bonus certificate¹. All you have to do is print it at MyRZ.com, and use it at BestBuy.com® or any Best Buy® store.

glassdragon
12-17-10, 10:42 AM
Even if you don't get the email it should be there. I have 10 in mine and i didn't get an email.

masetodd
12-17-10, 10:54 AM
I had $20 in mine? Issued on 12-15-10, expires on 12-25-10. I never would have noticed it by then without this thread - THANKS!

Dexter Douglas
12-17-10, 11:02 AM
I had $10 in mine as well. I never would have known. Thanks OP!

mooovies
12-17-10, 11:30 AM
i got 110 points but 250 equals a $5.00 coupon....guess i am not lucky

Jane2001
12-17-10, 11:36 AM
i got 110 points but 250 equals a $5.00 coupon....guess i am not lucky

This isn't based on the amount of points you accumulated. My balance is 29points and wouldn't doubt that this is for the year, but I've been a member since 2004.

zombeaner
12-17-10, 12:09 PM
I've been a Premier Silver member for two years and I didn't get shit.

notkevinbacon
12-17-10, 12:14 PM
Just checked and I have the $10 coupon.

I would have never known, thanks OP!

Pointyskull
12-17-10, 12:31 PM
I had a $10 cert! :banana:

But I also received an email from BB telling me that (which I almost deleted because I thought it was just junk). Whew!

Cardsfan111
12-17-10, 12:55 PM
But I also received an email from BB telling me that (which I almost deleted because I thought it was just junk). Whew!

I very nearly did the same. At a glance, I thought there was some fine print that made it $10 off a large purchase or something.

TheNightFlier
12-17-10, 01:18 PM
I had a $10 cert! :banana:

Likewise. A very nice surprise.

NiCK Crush
12-17-10, 01:24 PM
I havent gotten anything yet... what the hell.

Kory
12-17-10, 01:31 PM
Bullshit, I haven't received anything. People at Blu-ray.com are reporting that they heard from their Customer Service that the loyalty bonus certificates are actually for members who HAVEN'T shopped at the store in a while. The longer it's been, the higher your cert. I sent Customer Service an email voicing my displeasure. Hopefully they make this right.

Epilady
12-17-10, 02:54 PM
I also got a $10 gift certificate in my email and I rarely shop Best Buy anymore. My sister who shops there on a regular basis has not yet received a gift certicate. That's pretty bogus.

Maxflier
12-17-10, 03:04 PM
I've been a Premier Silver member for two years and I didn't get shit.

Same here. What a bunch of bullshit.
Sounds more like an unloyalty bonus to me.

asianxcore
12-17-10, 03:32 PM
Bullshit, I haven't received anything. People at Blu-ray.com are reporting that they heard from their Customer Service that the loyalty bonus certificates are actually for members who HAVEN'T shopped at the store in a while. The longer it's been, the higher your cert. I sent Customer Service an email voicing my displeasure. Hopefully they make this right.

That makes sense, sort of.

No certificate for me. Then again my last purchases there were during Black Friday.

ashram99
12-17-10, 04:08 PM

I got $20, so this might be right. I haven't shopped there for a long time, ever since they changed their policy and the point expire at the end of the year. I didn't normally shop enough to make that worthwhile. But with that change, it made it even less appealing to shop there.

But it still worked in a way. I did buy something from them.

MJG87
12-17-10, 04:26 PM
Got the e-mail but nothing in my account, odd

zombeaner
12-17-10, 08:23 PM
I think I'll call them and whine a little.

sleepyhead55
12-17-10, 08:37 PM
Checked my account and got $20 certificate.:)

I think this is geared toward people who aren't regular shoppers. I can't remember the last time I bought something from BB. It must have been at least over a year ago. That probably explains why the regular shoppers aren't getting any.

It worked as I just purchased a Panasonic BD65 player online for $80 + tax.

victant
12-17-10, 08:57 PM
Checked my account and got $20 certificate.:)

I think this is geared toward people who aren't regular shoppers. I can't remember the last time I bought something from BB. It must have been at least over a year ago. That probably explains why the regular shoppers aren't getting any.

This is probably it. I got the $20 certificate but haven't purchased anything for years.

tofferman
12-17-10, 09:41 PM
Called their reward zone customer service this evening and was on hold for about 15 minutes. Upon getting through, I mentioned to the rep that I had heard about a Christmas promotion whereby one receives rewardzone points. She puts me on hold twice and then says I should have received notification for a $10 rz certificate.

She then mentioned she had no idea about the promotion and I was like the third caller to inquire on her night shift there. The certificate would be in my account within 3-5 days and will be good for 90 days instead of expiring at Christmas. I would recommend those who inquire to be very polite and cheerful. It seems like Best Buy corporate did a poor job communicating this promotion, even to customer service. While it would have been nice to receive a $20 certificate, I'll take $10 and leave it be. Premier Silver members deserve $20 imho, as that is the proper thing to do.

Drav3n
12-17-10, 10:16 PM
Just got off of the phone with CS and also got offered the $10 RZ GC with 90 days to use it. She told me I could submit for the $20 but they would need to escalate it and have them "review" it and it could take about 7-10 days before I hear anything. But she did tell me that I still could receive the email for the gift card because they are being sent out through this sunday.

kstublen
12-17-10, 10:27 PM
I'll wait a few days and see if I get an email. If not, I'll give 'em a call on Sunday.

Heat
12-18-10, 12:21 AM
$10 certificate for me.

dsa_shea
12-18-10, 12:49 AM
I didn't get shit either and have spent a few thousand dollars this year at Best Buy. I'm going to call those pricks and tell them that they should at least give me the 10 dollar certificate.

Deftones
12-18-10, 07:38 AM
I didn't get shit either and have spent a few thousand dollars this year at Best Buy. I'm going to call those pricks and tell them that they should at least give me the 10 dollar certificate.

yeah, same here. been a premiere silver for a few years. eh. if you get the thing and have to use it by the 25th, I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of going into the store this week.

Lemmy
12-18-10, 08:47 AM
I'm going to call and say something (don't worry, I'll be polite :D )...I've been a RZ member since the day I heard about the program, and I can't even remember how many years ago that was. And I've easily spent enough there for the last few years that I've been a Premiere Silver for the last three, I believe (maybe four).

Hmmmm.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with them, and they gave me something (he didn't say how much it would be, but said he'd attempt to make it $20), but it may not show up for a day or two, according to the rep I spoke to. Took me less than five minutes talking time on the phone (15 minutes on hold, though). Give it a shot if you didn't get anything; it's free money, you know.

b2net
12-18-10, 08:52 AM
I never got this.. but they have been so good at giving me extra points for the bizarrest of things.. (one time I got 1000 points just because I called .. they said it was "for my time"..) ... I am not going to sweat this one...

mooovies
12-18-10, 09:34 AM
i emailed them....today

Michael Corvin
12-18-10, 10:20 AM
I didn't get shit. :sad:

The folks on Cheapassgamer are reporting that the $10 is for those that haven't bought anything since early November, and the $20 is for those that haven't made a purchase since March.

Lemmy
12-18-10, 10:36 AM
I didn't get shit. :sad:

The folks on Cheapassgamer are reporting that the $10 is for those that haven't bought anything since early November, and the $20 is for those that haven't made a purchase since March.

Cripes, that sounds like some kinda non-loyalty-award.

dsa_shea
12-18-10, 10:51 AM
I'm on the phone right now and it said that the wait is greater than 20 minutes. I want my credit so I'm waiting it out.

dtcarson
12-18-10, 11:19 AM
Nice.
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything either. Spend about 400 first week of December and a little more in November.

I guess Best Buy is taking the credo "it's harder to get a customer than to keep one" to heart and are working on getting them in. Especially since they're pretty much the only widespread big box electronics retailer nowadays. Between this, and the Reward Zone points expiration debacle, I guess BB likes urinating on their hardcore customers. I bought the Kinect and three games a while ago at basically full price, and wasn't too worried about the intervening sales because of the points and bonus points, but since they're adding insult to injury with stuff like this, I might rebuy from Amazon for 25.00 total less and return the BB ones.

dsa_shea
12-18-10, 11:22 AM
After about a 20 minute wait I'm getting 750 points credited to my account. It was worth my time while watching Outlander to land 15 dollars in certificates. Thanks to the OPs of this deal! I wish I would have gotten it without having to call but the extra 5 bucks made it ok. Still a bit silly for them to use the word loyalty with this promotion.

Maxflier
12-18-10, 11:26 AM
And I've easily spent enough there for the last few years that I've been a Premiere Silver for the last three, I believe (maybe four).

Has Silver status been around that long? I would have sworn it was only the past 2 years.

islandclaws
12-18-10, 11:40 AM
I didn't getone, so I shot off an email this morning to see if they'll make good. I'm a Silver member, dammit. I expect something.

Lemmy
12-18-10, 12:10 PM
Has Silver status been around that long? I would have sworn it was only the past 2 years.

Yeah, it might only be two years, I'm not sure.

All I know for sure is that I've been in the RZ program for a long frickin' time, and that I've qualified for PS status since that part of the program started, too.

Deadman31
12-18-10, 01:57 PM
I got a $20 and I havent bought anything all year. Of course their website is down for maintenance. :)

cdollaz
12-18-10, 10:14 PM
I e-mailed them tonight. If that doesn't work I'll call them.

dsa_shea
12-18-10, 10:32 PM
I e-mailed them tonight. If that doesn't work I'll call them.

And if that doesn't work then take them off your Christmas card list.

cdollaz
12-18-10, 10:47 PM
And if that doesn't work then take them off your Christmas card list.

I took them off when they changed the store layout a few months ago.

forumsmy
12-20-10, 12:06 AM
Thanks OP! Found a $20 one in mine. Wooooo Hoooooo! Shoppin' time! Got 5 days.!

TheMovieman
12-20-10, 01:03 AM
Nada for me.

Deadpool
12-20-10, 08:45 AM
Nothing for me :sad:

grenier
12-20-10, 09:00 AM
Nothing here either

Lemmy
12-20-10, 10:31 AM
I never did get anything, either, even though I phoned and was told something was forthcoming.

Except...I did get a little emailed survey to fill out, asking how well the issue I called about was handled.

Hmmmmmm....

Jane2001
12-20-10, 10:41 AM
This sounds more like a marketing ploy than a loyalty reward, as such they should have named it something different.

brendap
12-20-10, 11:25 AM
I checked my account and found $20 in mine. Thanks for posting as I would never looked. thanks again.

kstublen
12-20-10, 01:54 PM
I called today and was on hold for only a few minutes. When the rep got on the phone I explained to her how I had heard people were receiving $20 Loyalty Certificates and that they were being sent out via email on a rolling basis through the weekend. Since it was Monday, I figured I would give them a call and check to see if I had earned it or would be receiving one as well. She had me verify some information, said it didn't look like I had received and/or was qualified, but as a courtesy she was going to credit my account the $20 in points. I thanked her for her help and that was that.

Lemmy
12-21-10, 10:09 AM
Got 1,000 points/$20 this morning. Thanks to all who posted!

Heat
12-25-10, 03:35 AM
Just a reminder that the certificate expires today (December 25th).

I got a $10 certificate and wanted to buy a $9.99 used PS3 game, wouldn't work, had to be $10 or more. I ended up buying a flash drive for $12 to get the game for "free".

Deftones
12-25-10, 08:02 AM
expires? nobody said anything about expiring to me. maybe the people who actually got the certificate it expires. on mine, it's just customer loyalty points, so when i print my $50 gift certificate (had $40 already) it says I have until April 2011.

Obi-Wan Jabroni
12-25-10, 08:07 AM
Just a reminder that the certificate expires today (December 25th).

I got a $10 certificate and wanted to buy a $9.99 used PS3 game, wouldn't work, had to be $10 or more. I ended up buying a flash drive for $12 to get the game for "free".

You could've picked up a pack of gum or something if you didn't really need the flash drive.

Deftones
12-25-10, 09:00 AM
only if he was in store, though.

Pointyskull
12-25-10, 09:17 AM

Used mine for Fargo BD ($9.99) with no problem. :banana:

Obi-Wan Jabroni
12-25-10, 10:20 AM
only if he was in store, though.

True, didn't occur to me that it could've been a web order.

darkhawk
12-25-10, 12:30 PM
Used the $10 they gave me to get Band of Brothers Blu-ray for $27.95

Heat
12-26-10, 02:46 AM
Yeah, it was a web order. The cheapest thing I found at best buy.com with shipping included (the game I wanted had free shipping) was $8 for an adapter I didn't need ($3 + $5 shipping). Or I could spend $9 for a 2GB flash drive, or $13 for a 4GB flash drive. I use flash drives all of the time so I picked that up.

I tried to call the certificate a $9 certificate, then just pay the extra 99 cents but it wouldn't let me do that either. Oh well, even after having to buy a flash drive to get the $9.99 game for "free", I'm happy.