DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Tom and Jerry Golden Collection - it's coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tom and Jerry Golden Collection - it's coming

from the thread:

There's also going to be - "far in the future" - a Tom and Jerry Golden Collection, done at the highest level, with material not yet seen before, aimed at the the collector in a way that the previous "Spotlight" DVD releases never were.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bug...#ixzz186NNSkRX
Old 12-14-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,043 Posts
Re: Tom and Jerry Golden Collection - it's coming

I hardly have the chance to watch the ones I have. I used to get excited about things like this, but I'm getting to where I simply can't muster up any excitement for things like this anymore. Maybe if they had done this a few years ago...
Old 12-14-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never bought the spotlight collection sets in anticipation of a better....final...version being released.
Old 12-15-10, 04:58 PM

Who is Jerry Golden?
Old 12-15-10, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ace Hamilton
Who is Jerry Golden?
Tom Golden's brother.
Old 01-29-11, 05:47 PM

I hope its all 114 complete T&J theatricals in chronological order and it better have Mouse Cleaning and Cassanova Cat in the new sets as well.
Old 01-29-11, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in! Although I already own all the spotlights.
Old 01-30-11, 01:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by happyfa5
I hope its all 114 complete T&J theatricals in chronological order and it better have Mouse Cleaning and Cassanova Cat in the new sets as well.
Why wouldn't they have it?
Old 01-30-11, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 209 Posts

Can the menus specify the episodes in which Tom wins?
Old 02-01-11, 03:43 PM

unless every cartoon on the set is totally unedited (vision and soundtrack), it'll be a no-sale for me. I bought the first two Spotlight collections and went through the exchange procedure. Avoided the third collection due to the (still) uncorrected edits and absent cartoons. If this collection isn't the unedited must-have most of us are expecting, those two collections will suffice well enough for me that I won't feel the urge to pay for the new set.

If it is, however, uncut, cleaned-up, etc. then I will have no hesitation buying. I'll definitely be on the look-out for reviews, though. Certainly won't go into it blind.
Old 02-02-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't blind-buy this either, but i don't see them screwing this up - if they're going through the trouble of doing a Golden Collection, I'm sure their intentions are good.
Old 02-02-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

whats wrong with the second one? i thought those were all uncut
Old 02-03-11, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the second one was botched. You had to send away for the replacement disc to get the correct shorts. Although now, I think the right disc is in retail stores, along with the bad one. They changed the cover, so you have to know what the cover looks like in order to get the discs with the "right" shorts on em.
Old 02-03-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 455 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
whats wrong with the second one? i thought those were all uncut
More info: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9094391-post19.html
Old 06-28-11, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom...Volume-1/15578

Tom and Jerry - 'Golden Collection Volume 1' DVD, Blu-ray: Date, Cost, Shorts, Box Art, Extras
Available in late October on both standard and high-def formats, with bonus materialPosted by David Lambert
6/28/2011

Celebrate the most enduring team in animation history with a collection fans will want to chase and catch! This highly anticipated release includes over 40 remastered shorts starting with Puss Gets The Boot! Enjoy these highly collectible set with Improved Picture and Audio for the first time ever!
Alluded to by our friend Jerry Beck in an interview late last year, today Warner Home Video has announced that Tom and Jerry - Golden Collection Volume 1 will be out on October 25th for both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc format. As you can see from the description above, there are "over 40" shorts included. Per the list provided by the studio (see below), it will be 41 cartoons. Jerry indicated in his interview that there would be "material not yet seen before"; that apparently takes the form of the extras, however, as there only one previously unreleased-to-DVD short ("Mouse Cleaning") on these 2-disc sets.

Those extras take the form of Commentary by Animation Experts on 9 titles, plus over an hour of additional viewing extras that includes a brand-new Retrospective Featurette title "Vaudeville, Slapstick and Tom and Jerry". The DVD set costs $26.99 SRP and presents the cartoons in their original 1.33:1 "full frame" video aspect ratio, and English audio and subtitles. The Blu-ray set features the shorts also in the original 1.33:1 aspect ration, but with video at 1080p high definition. An audio mix of English Dolby Surround 5.1 is mentioned, plus English subtitles. The BD version clocks in at $34.99 SRP.

Here is the list of shorts that Warner Home Video has provided to retailers and press, including mark-ups (courtesy of the studio) showing which previous DVD sets each title has previously been released on:
Puss Gets The Boot²
The Midnight Snack²
The Night Before Chritmas²
Fraidy Cat²
Dog Trouble²
Puss N’ Toots²
The Bowling Alley Cat²
Fine Feathered Friend²
Sufferin’ Cats¹
The Lonesome Mouse*
The Yankee Doodle Mouse¹
Baby Puss¹
The Zoot Cat¹
The Million Dollar Cat¹
The Body Guard¹
Puttin On The Dog²
Mouse Trouble¹
The Mouse Comes To Dinner²
Mouse In Manhattan²
Tee For Two¹
Flirty Birdy¹
Quiet Please!¹
Springtime For Thomas²
The Milky Waif¹
Trap Happy²
Solid Serenade¹
Cat Fishin’¹
Part Time Pal²
The Cat Concerto¹
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Mouse²
Salt Water Tabby¹
A Mouse In The House³
The Invisible Mouse¹
Kitty Foiled¹
The Truce Hurts¹
Old Rockin’ Chair Tom²
Professor Tom²
Mouse Cleaning**
Polka Dot Puss²
The Little Orhan¹
Hatch Up Your Troubles³
** = New to DVD (1 item)
* = previously available on Tom and Jerry Deluxe Anniversary Collection (1 item)
¹ = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #1 (19 items)
² = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #2 (18 items)
³ = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #3 (2 items)

Below you'll see the studio-provided package art for the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Tom and Jerry - Golden Collection Volume 1. The odd thing is that the box covers say "37 Remastered Theatrical Shorts", whereas all the other information points to the number 41. So we assume the box art is incorrect and needs to be updated. On the other hand, for Warner's vintage animation releases of this nature before, we *have* gotten incorrect lists of shorts at the beginning, with finalized listings later on. So it's entirely possible the above list of cartoons might change. Or the box might. In the meantime, we're providing you with everything we currently know! Stay tuned and we'll update you, as necessary.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom...#ixzz1QbgXFvOQ
Old 06-28-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Are they uncut and unedited, unaltered in any way for "political correctness"?
Old 06-28-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in for the Bluray
Old 06-28-11, 07:01 PM

This release will be crap and a disappointment and no amount of Warner-loving lapdogs will change that.
Old 06-29-11, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Super Leviathan
This release will be crap and a disappointment and no amount of Warner-loving lapdogs will change that.
With those powers you should be too busy making a fortune reading palms or something, instead of wasting time on message boards.
Old 06-29-11, 12:35 PM

tvshowsondvd.com has updated info:

I've just been in contact with animation expert Jerry Beck, who is of course consulting with Warner Home Video on this release. He informs me that the early information from the studio about the count of shorts on these DVD and Blu-ray sets is incorrect. The Golden Collection Volume 1 will have 37 shorts, just as the package art says. The final four shorts mentioned on the list above aren't ready for DVD yet, and are being saved aside for Volume 2, including the long-awaited "Mouse Cleaning". Jerry tells me that it will be worth the wait, as "Mouse Cleaning" is being restored from the original nitrate elements...which had been found along with some others from Tom and Jerry. Wow! Of course, Jerry's confident at the moment that this second volume will happen, but it's still early and anything can change (so please don't take everything to heart just yet!).
Old 06-29-11, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Are they uncut and unedited, unaltered in any way for "political correctness"?
That's the only way WB will get me to buy them, remastered picture or not.
Old 06-29-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom...Volume-1/15578

Tom and Jerry - 'Golden Collection Volume 1' DVD, Blu-ray: Date, Cost, Shorts, Box Art, Extras
Available in late October on both standard and high-def formats, with bonus materialPosted by David Lambert
6/28/2011

Celebrate the most enduring team in animation history with a collection fans will want to chase and catch! This highly anticipated release includes over 40 remastered shorts starting with Puss Gets The Boot! Enjoy these highly collectible set with Improved Picture and Audio for the first time ever!
Alluded to by our friend Jerry Beck in an interview late last year, today Warner Home Video has announced that Tom and Jerry - Golden Collection Volume 1 will be out on October 25th for both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc format. As you can see from the description above, there are "over 40" shorts included. Per the list provided by the studio (see below), it will be 41 cartoons. Jerry indicated in his interview that there would be "material not yet seen before"; that apparently takes the form of the extras, however, as there only one previously unreleased-to-DVD short ("Mouse Cleaning") on these 2-disc sets.

Those extras take the form of Commentary by Animation Experts on 9 titles, plus over an hour of additional viewing extras that includes a brand-new Retrospective Featurette title "Vaudeville, Slapstick and Tom and Jerry". The DVD set costs $26.99 SRP and presents the cartoons in their original 1.33:1 "full frame" video aspect ratio, and English audio and subtitles. The Blu-ray set features the shorts also in the original 1.33:1 aspect ration, but with video at 1080p high definition. An audio mix of English Dolby Surround 5.1 is mentioned, plus English subtitles. The BD version clocks in at $34.99 SRP.

Here is the list of shorts that Warner Home Video has provided to retailers and press, including mark-ups (courtesy of the studio) showing which previous DVD sets each title has previously been released on:
Puss Gets The Boot²
The Midnight Snack²
The Night Before Chritmas²
Fraidy Cat²
Dog Trouble²
Puss N’ Toots²
The Bowling Alley Cat²
Fine Feathered Friend²
Sufferin’ Cats¹
The Lonesome Mouse*
The Yankee Doodle Mouse¹
Baby Puss¹
The Zoot Cat¹
The Million Dollar Cat¹
The Body Guard¹
Puttin On The Dog²
Mouse Trouble¹
The Mouse Comes To Dinner²
Mouse In Manhattan²
Tee For Two¹
Flirty Birdy¹
Quiet Please!¹
Springtime For Thomas²
The Milky Waif¹
Trap Happy²
Solid Serenade¹
Cat Fishin’¹
Part Time Pal²
The Cat Concerto¹
Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Mouse²
Salt Water Tabby¹
A Mouse In The House³
The Invisible Mouse¹
Kitty Foiled¹
The Truce Hurts¹
Old Rockin’ Chair Tom²
Professor Tom²
Mouse Cleaning**
Polka Dot Puss²
The Little Orhan¹
Hatch Up Your Troubles³
** = New to DVD (1 item)
* = previously available on Tom and Jerry Deluxe Anniversary Collection (1 item)
¹ = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #1 (19 items)
² = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #2 (18 items)
³ = previously available on Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection #3 (2 items)

Below you'll see the studio-provided package art for the Blu-ray and DVD versions of Tom and Jerry - Golden Collection Volume 1. The odd thing is that the box covers say "37 Remastered Theatrical Shorts", whereas all the other information points to the number 41. So we assume the box art is incorrect and needs to be updated. On the other hand, for Warner's vintage animation releases of this nature before, we *have* gotten incorrect lists of shorts at the beginning, with finalized listings later on. So it's entirely possible the above list of cartoons might change. Or the box might. In the meantime, we're providing you with everything we currently know! Stay tuned and we'll update you, as necessary.

I think there is an important update as to the contents of this set listed on that site, if I'm not mistaken.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom...#ixzz1QbgXFvOQ
Old 06-29-11, 05:32 PM
Banned

My 5 year old has recently discovered Tom & Jerry on Boomerang and loves it. He DVR's as many as he can. This would be a great surprise for him to get them on DVD like this!
Old 06-30-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smurr05
My 5 year old has recently discovered Tom & Jerry on Boomerang and loves it. He DVR's as many as he can. This would be a great surprise for him to get them on DVD like this!
If you are going to get him the DVD, I'd just pick these up for him. 147 cartoons total and these can be found for around $10 - $15 each. I've got them but I stll plan on buying the Blu-Ray.
Old 06-30-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those have been showing up at Wal-mart within that price range but readily available everywhere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.