Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody have info on BlackStar.co.uk?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anybody have info on BlackStar.co.uk?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-00, 08:20 PM
Spengler

Although this forum seems kind of dead I don't know where else to ask for help. It may sound crazy but Point Break is one of my all time favorite movies & ever since I got my first DVD player 2 years ago I have been trying to find a way to get it one DVD. A friend of mine recently told me that at
BlackStar.co.uk they have it as a region 2 DVD. I am excited at the possibility of ordering however I have never ordered a DVD through the internet & I am not sure what the U.S.A equivalent in dollars is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-00, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackStar are good for overseas stuff because the shipping to absolutely ANYWHERE is included in the price. Living as I do in the UK, I can't comment on the pomptness of their overseas deliveries, but UK orders usually go in the mail either the day you place them or the day after, depending on what time of day you place your order, so I would guess the same applies to overseas, which would mean it'll pretty much take as long as the post does and not much longer, so I'd guess you're looking at a week or so, tops. Be warned that packages can be stopped by US customs, and you may be charged import taxes for it, but for a single disc order, it's unlikely. Prices are pretty good by UK standards, especially considering what I said about shipping. Exchange rate is about $1.6:£1, but you'd better check with your credit card company, most charge their own exchange rates and also add a few persent surcharge for foreign currency transactions. Beware that UK DVDs are PAL region 2, so as well as a multi region player you either need a PAL-compatible TV, or a player that can force PAL discs to output in NTSC. All things considered, BlackStar are definitely one of the best UK retailers to go with, I'd say.

------------------
(insert amusing signature here)
ICQ# 61040969 Me and my DVDs...
Old 05-01-00, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Fox is putting out "Point Break" in R1 sometime this year. That being said, BlackStar is a great place to order UK DVD's. Quick shipping (from there to the US in about 7 days), and as the poster above said the price of shipping is included.
Old 05-01-00, 11:46 AM

Have to agree with all above, Blackstar has been great to order from since I picked up my Apex a few months back.

Prices are in UK currency, so just use an online converter (I usually go by UK$20 is around US$35).

They also offer pre-order discounts and it only takes about a week for things to arrive at my door.

------------------
~~ Lisa
Old 05-01-00, 03:03 PM
Spengler

Infinite thanks to the three posts above.Appreciate.