DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Sara Palin's new book

wm lopez
12-13-10, 01:16 AM
Just finished listening to Sara Palin's 2nd book "America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag". I didn't enjoy it as I did her 1st book. Everything she talks about in this book we have heard her say this past year.
So you can skip this one.

mgbfan
12-13-10, 11:18 AM
No new thoughts from Palin? I find that hard to believe. ;)

OmahaStar
12-13-10, 11:41 AM
Palin can read? Seriously? That's hilarious!

William Fuld
12-13-10, 01:20 PM
Just finished listening to Sara Palin's 2nd book "America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag". I didn't enjoy it as I did her 1st book. Everything she talks about in this book we have heard her say this past year.
So you can skip this one.

-rolleyes- Typical liberal Palin-bashing.

mgbfan
12-13-10, 01:45 PM
Relax dude. It's a couple of one-liners about a public figure. Did somebody touch a nerve?

rocketsauce
12-13-10, 02:24 PM
Relax dude. It's a couple of one-liners about a public figure. Did somebody touch a nerve?

Yeah I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I mean wm lopez isn't exactly known as a liberal by any means around here. Truthfully his little review kind of surprised me.

IstvanTheHun
12-13-10, 05:28 PM
Her show on TLC - Alaska, is a home run. The ratings are excellent, and deservedly so, for its genre its quite engaging and does show a REAL side of Palin, not the rubbish the media portrays.

She really does embody the American spirit of enterprise, self-sufficiency, and gregariousness. Her devotion to family and values is also impressive - though I do have to note they are obviously well-off financially and can do things as a family that the average working stiff cannot.

I also find her devotion to the enviroment and natural preservation of the state quite inspiring. So much false journalism has hit the mainstream about her in regards to this. The episode where she goes hunting with her father was really quite eye-opening. And if anything, it showed the importance of true environmental responsability, not the commercialized garbage we get from Al Gore.

so kudos to the show, its only serve to further portray her as what she is - perhaps the only politician in America who is also an average everyday person, ie honest, forthright, and not corrupted by the BS of Washington.

...and I type this post knowing that 80% of the internet will bash my opinion for not reflecting the radicalism of the left-wing uberminority.

Nefarious
12-13-10, 10:07 PM
...and I type this post knowing that 80% of the internet will bash my opinion for not reflecting the radicalism of the left-wing uberminority.

And she's not radical and from an extreme end of the spectrum herself?

Based on his historical postings the review by wm Lopez is very surprising. He still can't spell her name right, though.

wm lopez
12-13-10, 11:04 PM
Her show on TLC - Alaska, is a home run. The ratings are excellent, and deservedly so, for its genre its quite engaging and does show a REAL side of Palin, not the rubbish the media portrays.

She really does embody the American spirit of enterprise, self-sufficiency, and gregariousness. Her devotion to family and values is also impressive - though I do have to note they are obviously well-off financially and can do things as a family that the average working stiff cannot.

I also find her devotion to the enviroment and natural preservation of the state quite inspiring. So much false journalism has hit the mainstream about her in regards to this. The episode where she goes hunting with her father was really quite eye-opening. And if anything, it showed the importance of true environmental responsability, not the commercialized garbage we get from Al Gore.

so kudos to the show, its only serve to further portray her as what she is - perhaps the only politician in America who is also an average everyday person, ie honest, forthright, and not corrupted by the BS of Washington.

When she goes to the gun range and fires that shot gun was a turn on!
The way she handled that long powerful weapon.

mgbfan
12-13-10, 11:39 PM

Yes, clearly Palin is a classic American centrist, and anyone who disagrees with her or finds her distasteful is a raging liberal extremist.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

benedict
12-14-10, 02:22 AM
Doesn't anyone remember the way the last Palin thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/book-talk/565021-sara-palin.html) went?

For those who are unaware of its inception, the Political Forum (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/politics-world-events-47/) was set up at least in part to allow a little more leeway in discussions that tended to go "off the rails" in the Other Forum and which had resulted in warnings, suspensions and the like. Methinks it is self-evident that Book Talk is not the place for such shenanigans so... anyone tempted to push the envelope here please take note.

Let's have this thread focus on the book and leave any political point-scoring to the appropriate forum. <font color=red>EDIT: -rolleyes-</font>

IstvanTheHun
12-14-10, 09:06 AM
And she's not radical and from an extreme end of the spectrum herself?

Based on his historical postings the review by wm Lopez is very surprising. He still can't spell her name right, though.

no, she is not that radical at all. they just want her to seem as such. sure she's right of center slightly, as are most Americans.

mgbfan
12-14-10, 10:29 PM
no, she is not that radical at all. they just want her to seem as such. sure she's right of center slightly, as are most Americans.

Lemmie guess ... "they" is the "liberal media"

Also, LOL at the suggestion that most Americans are right of center. Somebody doesn't understand the definition of "center."

IstvanTheHun
12-14-10, 11:43 PM
Lemmie guess ... "they" is the "liberal media"

Also, LOL at the suggestion that most Americans are right of center. Somebody doesn't understand the definition of "center."

no, "they" seems to be "you"?