Old 12-08-10, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Swerve" -- 12/08/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-27

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Eric is praised in a popular magazine; a figure from Vince's past makes a demand; Luke digests the news about TMU; Julie's return to college is delayed.

Episode 6 of 13

Just out of curiosity, how many here are actually watching this week to week on Directv?

Or how many of you don't have Directv, but are finding other ways to watch this because you don't have the patience to wait until summer 2011 for the NBC re-airs?

Last edited by DJariya; 12-08-10 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-08-10, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Friday Night Lights -- "Swerve" -- 12/08/10

I have a FRIEND who downloads and watches each episode. This FRIEND thinks it is a great season. This FRIEND would buy each episode and watch them legally, if there was a way (ie Amazon/Itunes/Hulu).
Old 12-08-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Warning for DVR users: program guide has this listed as a 12/1 episode so if you have your recordings set up as First Run, you have to go in and force the recording.
Old 12-08-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
I have a FRIEND who downloads and watches each episode. This FRIEND thinks it is a great season. This FRIEND would buy each episode and watch them legally, if there was a way (ie Amazon/Itunes/Hulu).
I have a friend who does the same.

I think this is a great season sans the Julie storyline. She's exhausting me, though I loved the turn of events on her this last week
Old 12-08-10, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been watching week to week on DirecTV. One of my friends goes over to his parents' house who have DirecTV on Fridays to watch a encore airing. Another friend of mine downloads every week.
Old 12-08-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I have a friend who does the same.

I think this is a great season sans the Julie storyline. She's exhausting me, though I loved the turn of events on her this last week
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-08-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Warning for DVR users: program guide has this listed as a 12/1 episode so if you have your recordings set up as First Run, you have to go in and force the recording.

It's worrisome that Dtv can't get their guide to record one of their own channels that airs a show that they poured money into. Two weeks in a row.

Is there a new episode next week?
Old 12-08-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
It's worrisome that Dtv can't get their guide to record one of their own channels that airs a show that they poured money into. Two weeks in a row.

Is there a new episode next week?
Yes, apparently they got their act together. The episode on the 15th is set to record and the original air date is correct.
Old 12-09-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far, just REALLY really good. Glad to see Julie realize what she's done (sort of)--the tension between her and her dad was painful and incredibly well acted.

I have a bad feeling about where this is going with Vince's dad.
Old 12-13-10, 03:24 PM

Great episode. I really like what they're doing with Billy Riggins and Mindy. They're both maturing and becoming much more responsible, not just because they have a kid, or because Tim is in prison, but also with taking care of that girl living with them (forget her name), and Billy mentoring and helping out with the football team.

It's almost like they're becoming the next Mr. and Mrs. Taylor. Granted, Mindy is a stripper and not a guidance counselor, but both of these characters have grown so much this season maturity wise.

Loved the scene where Buddy Garrity was trying to make Julie and Buddy Jr. a couple.... awkward lol.
Old 12-14-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Great episode, though as usual it ended before I wanted it to!

Man, in the dinner following Vince's dad's beating, I was expecting bullets to start flying through the walls. I was actually surprised that didn't happen.

I'm VERY glad Julie is having to answer for her bad decisions. I LOVE how they write the Taylor's interactions with her--always full of wisdom, but realistic, too. I am glad coach didn't miss the game--him still making it, even if late, was true to his character.

I don't know what it is about this show. Whenever I start an episode, it's the only show that has such good pacing and gets so much into the characters that I feel like I could sit and watch it for hours. I've never had a time when the credits roll when I think, "Finally!" I'm always wanting more.
Old 12-16-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
My friend does the same thing but my friend hasn't been able to find this episode. My friend would really like to know something that your friend knows.