Old 12-07-10, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Eureka -- "O Little Town" -- 12/07/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-12-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Sheriff Carter and Zoe’s plans to head home for the holidays are interrupted at the Eureka border when the town’s electromagnetic field is on the fritz. Things begin to heat up as Fargo hosts Global Dynamic’s Holiday Party, and everyone is trying to find out the identity of Eureka’s secret Santa. The town is soon caught up in a dangerous situation and find themselves short handed, until a red suited man and a mysterious Dr. Drummer (Special Guest Chris Parnell) arrive.

Episode 10 of 20

Yes!! A new episode of Eureka! The rest of the season will continue in January. This is a special Holiday themed episode.

Promo:

<object width="400" height="400" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1248495"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1248495" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 12-08-10, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Eureka -- "O Little Town" -- 12/07/10

Did nobody else watch this? I thought it was a great little holiday episode. at fruitcake being so dense it mucked up the machine.
Old 12-08-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

^^ Watching it tonight when I get home from work along with the Warehouse 13 holiday episode.

Edit: I read on another board that hardly anyone knew when these Holiday episodes were airing. SyFy barely promoted them.

Honestly, I didn't know either until I read thefutoncritic.com's episode lineup for Tuesday.

Both of them did relatively well ratings-wise. Warehouse 13 got about 2M viewers and Eureka got about 1.9M
Old 12-09-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

That was a fun little episode. At first I was trying to figure out where this would have happened in the time line of the show (if the story was true) but I gave up and just enjoyed it. Carter running from the ornament was classic.
Old 12-09-10, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Christmas episode.
Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Did nobody else watch this? I thought it was a great little holiday episode. at fruitcake being so dense it mucked up the machine.
and also how many calories he had been eating.

Old 12-09-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

I watched a little bit of this before I went to work tonight and I have a minor nit pick to point out.

Carter was telling this "story" to the kids as if it happened in a previous year. But, there was a continuity error with the events of the 1st 9 episodes of this season. In Carter's story, Jo is the head of security of Global Dynamics and Fargo runs the company. This only happened after they screwed up the timeline from their 1940's trip.

I'm guessing this episode is way outside the timeline of the current season or something.
Old 12-09-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Carter was telling this "story" to the kids as if it happened in a previous year. But, there was a continuity error with the events of the 1st 9 episodes of this season. In Carter's story, Jo is the head of security of Global Dynamics and Fargo runs the company. This only happened after they screwed up the timeline from their 1940's trip.
That's why I gave up on trying to figure out where this fits in the timeline. Though Jo was at GD and Fargo was running things, Henry's wife was nowhere to be seen, and it didn't seem like Carter & Allison or Zoe and Zane were together. And then Taggert was there and we hadn't seen him since the reboot (didn't he leave GD awhile ago?) I choose to believe Carter made the whole story up and decided what to include and what to exclude otherwise it gets confusing.
Old 12-09-10, 08:29 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering the same things as mentioned above when I was trying to figure out where it fit in the timeline.

Carter screaming like a girl when in the sleigh with Taggert was pretty funny.
Old 12-09-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lisadoris
That's why I gave up on trying to figure out where this fits in the timeline. Though Jo was at GD and Fargo was running things, Henry's wife was nowhere to be seen, and it didn't seem like Carter & Allison or Zoe and Zane were together. And then Taggert was there and we hadn't seen him since the reboot (didn't he leave GD awhile ago?) I choose to believe Carter made the whole story up and decided what to include and what to exclude otherwise it gets confusing.
I agree, anymore overthinking would make it less fun. It's a fricking Christmas episode.
Old 12-10-10, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

RE: Timeline...

I'm assuming the events happened in the original timeline but Carter changed the details to fit the new timeline. Remember the rules are if anyone finds out you time traveled, you suffered a serious case of deadass.

I thought it was a very sweet reveal of Jo being the secret santa and why she did it. The slight nod to a non-traditional Santa Claus was also brilliant.
Old 12-11-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Finally finished the rest of this today. Despite the timeline issues, it was a very nice Holiday episode.

at Carter screaming on the sled and getting pissed about how many calories he consumed with the "minature" fruitcakes.

I also thought that was a very sweet little reveal that Jo was the secret santa.

Definitely brought a smile to my face. I wish more shows would do Holiday themed episodes like this.

This is my 1st season watching Eureka and I've grown to really like these characters alot. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season in January.
Old 12-12-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was a fun episode, I like the way this is going, Eureka, Dr. Who, Warehouse 13 (and hopefully others) having one off episodes outside of their season to keep fans entertained!

Also, why was the one girl with a flat chest naughty, but the well endowed babe nice? Hmm....
Old 12-10-11, 09:13 PM

does anyone know if this episode will be included on the dvds?
thanks
Old 12-11-11, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

on Eureka: Season 4.5 DVD when it's released.