Old 12-05-10, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Dexter -- "Hop a Freighter" -- 12/05/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Somebody outside of the department is showing a vested interest in Dexter and Lumen's clandestine activities, forcing Dexter to engage in his own special kind of damage control. Meanwhile, Debra is zeroing in on the whereabouts of the missing Barrel Girl suspects; Quinn is reticent about getting more deeply involved in a recent homicide.

Episode 11 of 12

Next week is the season finale.

As some of you probably saw in my other thread, Dexter was renewed for a 6th season this past week.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGQ7ZCJA5zE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGQ7ZCJA5zE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-05-10, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Hop a Freighter" -- 12/05/10

Yep, looks like the spoiler I found on IMBD about this episode was the real deal.
Old 12-05-10, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Second to last episode already?

Such a damn shame, this is one of the only shows I actually like.
Old 12-05-10, 07:15 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow, this season has flown by. Can't believe there are only 2 episodes left.
Old 12-05-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Dam, another 10 months without Dexter
Old 12-05-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Dam, another 10 months without Dexter
^
This.

On the brightside, at least my DirecTV bill will go back down to its normal amount.
Old 12-05-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. I really can't wait for next week's episode.
Old 12-05-10, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great episode, but was it just me or was it shorter than other episodes have been? It sure felt like it.
Old 12-05-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Naughty!
Great episode, but was it just me or was it shorter than other episodes have been? It sure felt like it.
I actually noticed that myself. I was walking to the tv to turn it off at 9:46, so it was definitely a few minutes shorter than normal.
Old 12-05-10, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Looks like Quinn might be fucked.

His name is on the recording equipment Liddy checked out, his blood is on Quinn's shoe...
Old 12-05-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dexter is one of the few shows that I cannot predict whats going to happen. I love this series. WOW! Robocop didn't last long. LOL
Old 12-05-10, 10:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Great episode. I really can't wait for next week's episode.
I'm dreading it ...its the season finale !!!!!!!
Old 12-05-10, 11:14 PM

Robocop didn't deserve to die.

D
Old 12-06-10, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Derrich
Robocop didn't deserve to die.

D
That was Murphy. Robocop makes his debut next week. Dexter is in real trouble. Your move, creep.

Really enjoying this season. I will be pissed if they kill Lumen next week. That girl does not deserve to die, and it's lazy storytelling to kill her.

So I guess Deb showers and keeps multiple sets of clothes as the police station b/c she's not living with Dexter, and she was back to being pissed at Quinn this week so she's not living there.
Old 12-06-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Predictions...

Dollars to donuts says that Lumen will get caught taking Jordan Chase out, and end up taking the fall alone, refusing to implicate Dexter.

Likewise, Quinn will go down for Liddy's murder, since there's too much evidence tying the two together (blood on the shoe, cheking out surveillance equipment under his name, all of the phone calls), and there's no evidence, other than Quinn's own testimony, connecting Dexter to Liddy. Except for those pictures, but I have a theory...

Also have a feeling that Deb is going to start putting things together... especially when she busts Lumen, who she will recognize as Dexter's special friend. (Will she find those photographs in Quinn's apartment before Dexter does?)

The nanny is a Satanist who will attempt to use little Harry as a blood sacrifice.
Old 12-06-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Great episode. The season finale is going to be great. Call me crazy but I'm hoping for more of a cliffhanger ending rather then the typical everything goes right for Dexter ending.

Pure speculation but I don't think things will end well for Quinn. I've really started to like him too. I'd be kind of upset if it ends with Dexter letting him take the fall for Liddy's death though. Dexter would look like too much of a dick and it seems that he's ok with Quinn now that he knows that Deb loves him and that he's been trying to drop the whole "case". I'm hoping they don't rehash season 2's ending either.

Count me in as someone that doesn't want to see Lumen die either. I would like to see her go though, maybe not permanently but I would like to see her go back home after they take down Jordan Chase. I say that because I don't see where they can take her from here... she's not going to continue killing, I don't think that would make much sense... so will she just be the girlfriend that looks after Harrison and is ok with Dexter being a serial killer? Also, her going home would bring her story full circle. And that can still open up the possibility of her coming back next season, if they so choose.

More speculation but an interesting twist could be the cops getting to Jordan Chase before Dexter and Lumen get there. Instead of him getting killed, he gets arrested and admits everything and pins Lumen as one of his victims. Maybe Deb figures out she's the vigilante but they can't arrest her on that alone, too circumstantial. But it creates a logical path for Deb to at least begin realizing what Dexter really is.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
So I guess Deb showers and keeps multiple sets of clothes as the police station b/c she's not living with Dexter, and she was back to being pissed at Quinn this week so she's not living there.
I noticed that too. I don't think it's necessary to know where Deb has been since she broke it off with Quinn but it would have been nice to have her simply drop a line saying that she got a new place. And another really minor thing, but I hope Dexter makes it to Harrison's birthday party. We already know he's a terrible dad but I don't want the whole Astor/Cody/Bad father crap to come up again anytime soon.

And just a random question: Are the FBI still looking for Trinity? I know he's dead but shouldn't that case still be going on? Last I remember, they took the case away from Miami Homicide. It would be interesting to see them somehow bring that back into play next season. Maybe the Feds come back because there was a Trinity type killing in Miami. We would know it's a copycat but the FBI would think he's back.
Old 12-06-10, 01:27 AM

Such a great episode........
Old 12-06-10, 02:43 AM

Since no one asked...

Quinn was doomed from the moment he started dating Deb. He'll only go to prison, which is still better better than being murdered or flayed alive (and then unceremoniously dumped off-screen between seasons). I think the only one of her boyfriends who was never tortured or killed was the guy who wrote children's books.

Jordan Chase somehow dies at Lumen's hand and her nifty new mother-of-pearl pocket knife, which is probably the worst murder weapon imaginable. A butter knife would do more damage.

Lumen survives, but once vengeance is hers, she comes to realize that she's not like Dexter and has no desire to keep killing. Her job complete, she moves back to Minnesota to reclaim her life, but the door is left open for her return.

Deb, reeling from Quinn's arrest, discovers Dexter disposing of Chase's body. Dexter has some 'splainin' to do, but his explanation re: Lumen doesn't reveal anything beyond killing the rapists from this season. Deb is terribly wounded, but decides to keep the info to herself. She magically forgets about the Doakes situation from season 2 and still doesn't suspect that her brother is a serial killer.

Good episode; I'm going to miss Julia Stiles and her braless, braless ways.
Old 12-06-10, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goat3001
And just a random question: Are the FBI still looking for Trinity? I know he's dead but shouldn't that case still be going on? Last I remember, they took the case away from Miami Homicide. It would be interesting to see them somehow bring that back into play next season. Maybe the Feds come back because there was a Trinity type killing in Miami. We would know it's a copycat but the FBI would think he's back.
Between that and the other Fuentes brother still being out there, I'm wondering if these storylines have kind of slipped through the cracks or if there will be some type of resolution.
Old 12-06-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

I liked Quinn's heart-to-heart with Deb. Especially the line (I'm trying to remember the exact words):

"You say what you mean .... usually with a lot of filthy words I haven't heard before"
Old 12-06-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

This season got ridiculously better in its second half, shame it's over next week.
Old 12-06-10, 12:34 PM
bcd

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Between that and the other Fuentes brother still being out there, I'm wondering if these storylines have kind of slipped through the cracks or if there will be some type of resolution.
For as good as this show is at "wrapping things up" It almost seems like they really didn't know what was going on in the first part of the season. They crafted these story lines that would just seem odd to drop. Trinity, the Fuentes Brother, the new detective who ratted out Deb, that we haven't seen in weeks. Just seems odd that a series that does such a great job with writing would leave these threads out there with no resolution.

They could be using some of these for season 6, but I don't think it will be possible to wrap them all up in just one episode.
Old 12-06-10, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Quinn's love speech to Deb was one of the best ever. Ever. And he delivered it in a really good way.

So, I will be really surprised if nothing happens with the baby sitter. All the calls, all the questions, that has to mean something, right?
Old 12-06-10, 12:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm calling it now, the last scene of the show will be Harrison's birthday party in slow motion while Dexter narrates.

Also, the nanny is an imbecile. A magician at a party for a one-year-old?
Old 12-06-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Also, the nanny is an imbecile. A magician at a party for a one-year-old?
I know, everyone knows for a 1 y/o it is always a Mime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.