Old 12-01-10, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terriers -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Hail Mary" -- 12/01/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the Season Finale, Still reeling from a tragedy, Hank is running out of both options and time as he struggles to expose the Ocean Beach scandal. Britt, meanwhile, must face the consequences for his rash behavior.

Last episode of the season and probably series. Episode title is kind of symbolic since this show needs a major hail mary to get a 2nd season.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36zC3S1h7ak?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36zC3S1h7ak?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-01-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Terriers -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Hail Mary" -- 12/01/10

What a perfect title for this final episode. I can't wait for tonight, the promos look great. I doubt this will get renewed, but obviously I'd love if it did. Hopefully we can at least get it on DVD/Blu-ray.

Does anyone know the numbers from last week? I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look 'em up.
Old 12-01-10, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still playing catchup with the show (we had watched the first 3 as they aired but only started catching up a week ago - still 4 to go.) but I am bummed to hear it's low numbers. Everything about the show is fantastic. I was in based on Donal Logue alone, but everything about it has been awesome. Love how everyone and everything is just so natural. Gonna be sad when we finish up. And with that, I'm gone till we get there. Hope everybody enjoys the finale!
Old 12-01-10, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by kstublen
What a perfect title for this final episode. I can't wait for tonight, the promos look great. I doubt this will get renewed, but obviously I'd love if it did. Hopefully we can at least get it on DVD/Blu-ray.

Does anyone know the numbers from last week? I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look 'em up.
Awful as usual

540K in overall viewership and 0.2 in the 18-49 demos.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...nba-more/73527
Old 12-01-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good wrap, nice to see they left some options open on the slim chance of renewal. I like how even though hank was entirely justified in killing beige suit guy, they still just dumped him in the alley to avoid questions.
Old 12-01-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah, that was a good, satisfying finale - almost as satisfying as that first punch to Zeitlin's face.
Old 12-01-10, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Loved it, and bummed it's likely over for good.

Only part I really didn't like: Britt groveling, and the chick actually saying to him, "I could never trust you again after what you did. Don't come around here again." Right--he beat up some dude he thought slept with his fiancée (and who was trying to), and she just cheated on him with her professor, but she can't trust him...

Shouldn't nit-pick I guess. This show was excellent, and the finale was very well done.
Old 12-01-10, 11:47 PM

I'm going to miss this show. Fantastic acting, great characters, and nice plotting. They didn't beat you over the head with stuff. Subtle and really pleasant.
Old 12-02-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by uteotw
Loved it, and bummed it's likely over for good.

Only part I really didn't like: Britt groveling, and the chick actually saying to him, "I could never trust you again after what you did. Don't come around here again." Right--he beat up some dude he thought slept with his fiancée (and who was trying to), and she just cheated on him with her professor, but she can't trust him...

Shouldn't nit-pick I guess. This show was excellent, and the finale was very well done.
I think her issue was A) he got the wrong guy & B) he didn't just beat him up, he was halfway to killing him..

The groveling didn't bother me much, but I like how she didn't give him an answer. (or even an answer with a look or anything)
Old 12-02-10, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wonderful, as usual. The writing on this show is just phenomenal and I really hope it gets some Emmy recognition.

It was great that we got to see Steph, the Squatters, and Gus in the final episode. I like how they worked all of the secondary characters into the story in a natural way. They do a great job with continuity in this show too. I was wondering how Zeitlin and The Man In The Tan Suit knew where Laura, Jason, and the informant were going and they explained it right away. It was also great to see that everything Hank had done earlier in the season (stealing and using Jason's credit card, getting a room at the hotel, investigating Jason) were then used against him for the murder charge. I liked that they tied this episode back to the Pilot with Mickie and Eleanor Gosney as well.

The resolution overall was great. We have Hank and Britt finally save the day, but with a lot of significant losses along the way. I'm glad Gus got credit for the bust of Zeitlin...sounds as though he won't be punished for helping Hank escape. It was also nice to see The Man In The Tan Suit laying in the alleyway and being picked over by a bum; that is exactly the fate he deserved.

Going forward we have a new antagonist, Hank and Gretchen really trying to move on and the selling of the house, Britt and Katie maybe getting back together and working through their problems, the Katie and Britt's kid, and Hank with Laura as a possible love interest. There's also the matter of whether they'll go to Mexico or Britt will choose to do his time; I think he'll choose the latter, but it was a nice way to end it with a little bit of uncertainty. It would be pretty funny if they sort of rebooted in Mexico and changed the name of the show, but if they get renewed I don't think they'd do that; they have too great a supporting cast to just up and relocate and it would also sort of undermine Britt's growth and maturity in accepting the consequences of his actions.

And as always the acting was top-notch. I loved how they weaved in bits of subtle humor throughout, which is something they've done great from the start. I thought Logue was particularly effective from the moments of his arrest to when he was sprung by Gus. The interrogation scene with Zeitlin was great. I loved how Britt just punched him a few times for the hell of it.

It almost goes without saying, but I know I'll be disappointed when this show doesn't get renewed. it's been a great run though and I'm glad I tuned in to the Pilot. I was pretty much instantly hooked and it quickly became my favourite new show of the season (I think I'm giving it to Terriers instead of Raising Hope, but it's really hard to compare the two). Hopefully we get it on DVD/Blu-ray because I really can't wait to sit down and watch it again.
Old 12-02-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

that makes me sad. good resolution to the finale. and if we would've got a second season, we would've got Neal McDonough as the baddie. that sucks.

glad that zeitlan and his goon got what was coming to them.
Old 12-02-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Isn't it amazing that one season of this show actually felt like 3 or 4 seasons? Terrible shame to see such low numbers on one of the best shows on television.
Old 12-02-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

A tweet from Shawn Ryan a couple of hours ago:

FX about to release #Terriers ratings from last night. A very nice rebound from our Low TV Viewership Thankgiving Eve numbers.
second season
Old 12-02-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anything, FX owes it to Terriers to give it a second season. I mean, with such terrible promotion they're lucky anyone tuned in at all.
Old 12-02-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk God

i wonder if this is one of those shows that DirecTV would swoop in and share production costs and air it on the 101. That would be one way to save this show. Sure it has no audience, but they'd probably be hella happy if 500k people were watching it on the 101.
Old 12-02-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...eak-more/74110

Ratings went up.....784K and 0.3 in the demos
Old 12-02-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk God

still atrocious for a cable show. it would be freaking amazing if FX decided to save this and change the name. hell, run it in the summer, too. a guy can wish, can't he.
Old 12-02-10, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Almost a million viewers!

God, I love this show.
Old 12-02-10, 11:07 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Finally watched the finale -- bittersweet ending and very fitting for Hank and Britt. What a great final hour we got
Old 12-03-10, 02:51 AM

some goodbyes, but I think we should stay strong and stay on FX's toes till they cave. I also think we need a little more faith. I believe in God. And I know I'm not the only one. I don't care how this sounds, but here it is: I've given this some thought, and I believe that as mankind learns to treat eachother with love and dignity(most of us anyway), God blesses us with higher forms of artistic expression. I also believe art itself is a mystery of the divine. Not to get too philosophical, sure doesn't pay the bills. The US is one of the first countries to be inclusive to all: race, belief, strengths and weaknesses. A country that is home to those who represent all races of the world. I'm personally a US rep. Of Mexico, N. Italy, and Yugoslavia(former). Back to the US point that God has blessed us to excel in one of the most recent forms of artistic expression, television. At it's best, through emotional evocation, we learn to love and learn about that and those we don't often encounter in everyday life. So for those of you who talk to God, let's ask for some help. And so, I humbly submit, I am pretty sure God would be pretty bummed out to lose Terriers too.
Old 12-03-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Twink
some goodbyes, but I think we should stay strong and stay on FX's toes till they cave. I also think we need a little more faith. I believe in God. And I know I'm not the only one. I don't care how this sounds, but here it is: I've given this some thought, and I believe that as mankind learns to treat eachother with love and dignity(most of us anyway), God blesses us with higher forms of artistic expression. I also believe art itself is a mystery of the divine. Not to get too philosophical, sure doesn't pay the bills. The US is one of the first countries to be inclusive to all: race, belief, strengths and weaknesses. A country that is home to those who represent all races of the world. I'm personally a US rep. Of Mexico, N. Italy, and Yugoslavia(former). Back to the US point that God has blessed us to excel in one of the most recent forms of artistic expression, television. At it's best, through emotional evocation, we learn to love and learn about that and those we don't often encounter in everyday life. So for those of you who talk to God, let's ask for some help. And so, I humbly submit, I am pretty sure God would be pretty bummed out to lose Terriers too.
Old 12-03-10, 04:02 AM

A little too deep for you? Just trying to make a point that God cares. But as for you, go to hell.
Old 12-03-10, 05:00 AM

To the rest of this forum. I apologize for the rambling. I wrote this in the middle of the night. Rereading I can see some statements were off point. But my intentions were good. Sorry for lowering the standard of what we're trying to accomplish with my last response.
Old 12-03-10, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 12-03-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Twink
A little too deep for you? Just trying to make a point that God cares. But as for you, go to hell.
God watches Terriers?! Holy Christ on a pike!

Anyway, great finale, either way. I really enjoyed this show. It seems like the first few episodes turned off a lot of people, and if they had given it a few more episodes I think there would of been many more people that watched until the end.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.