Old 11-30-10, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,627 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Glee -- "Special Education" -- 11/30/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-15

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
New Directions heads to the big Sectionals competition to go head-to-head against the Warblers and the Hipsters. While trouble brews between some of the young couples, Emma and Carl (guest star John Stamos) grow closer.

Episode 9 of 22

1 more new episode left (12/7), then the show won't return until the Super Bowl special, which is on Sunday February 6th.

Sneak Peak:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLHUbCMGA6Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sLHUbCMGA6Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBmKGShyBmY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cBmKGShyBmY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-30-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Glee -- "Special Education" -- 11/30/10

I'll admit, i cringed a little when i read the song selections for tonight
Spoiler:
"Don't Cry for Me Argentina" Madonna
"The Living Years" Mike + The Mechanics
"Hey, Soul Sister" Train
"(I've Had) The Time of My Life" Dirty Dancing
"Valerie" The Zutons
"Dog Days Are Over" Florence and the Machine
Old 11-30-10, 12:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

We're already to

Spoiler:
the sectionals

?

Seems like that was later in the season last year, and they made a bigger deal about it.
Old 11-30-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we officially declare this song,
Spoiler:
"Hey, Soul Sister" Train

overplayed yet?
Old 11-30-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,627 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
We're already to

Spoiler:
the sectionals

?

Seems like that was later in the season last year, and they made a bigger deal about it.
Because IIRC that was in episode 13 last season, which was originally supposed to be Glee's 1st season finale until FOX gave them the back 9.
Old 11-30-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... ugly song selections.
Old 11-30-10, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Can we officially declare this song,
Spoiler:
"Hey, Soul Sister" Train

overplayed yet?
I will give them this, they must be making Oprah money in licensing fees on it, because it is everywhere. I opened my musical toilet seat this morning and it was playing that damn song.
Old 11-30-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After last week's episode, I was looking forward to this but was kind of disappointed, especially with the song selections.

Also disappointed with how
Spoiler:
Finchel
has met its end at least for now. She really is kind of a bitch
Old 11-30-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 595 Likes on 430 Posts

Havent watched this season yet but nothing else was on so i watched. I was confused about the winner.
They guy said it was a tie but the Glee show people was immediately handed the trophy and they took it to the school too, huh?

Also the guy at the prep school's team was soooo much better then the Glee show group, not even close.
Old 11-30-10, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Great episode. Lots of good acknowledgements (Rachel and Finn getting everything, etc), The Warblers were fantastic, the dance solo was awesome. Nice developments with the other characters, I liked Kurt having to deal with not being the best in the group, plus a couple of laugh out loud moments (Kurt raising his hands and then putting them down when he got the headshake ).

Also, I don't listen to the radio, so the Train song isn't overplayed to me at all.

Big thumbs up!

Originally Posted by tofu
Also disappointed with how
Spoiler:
Finchel
has met its end at least for now. She really is kind of a bitch
100% in character for both of them. Rachel has always been selfish and bitchy, and high school students don't become different people in a year.

Last edited by Draven; 11-30-10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 09:52 PM

So....if this was the last show for the season until the Super Bowl, what was the Christmas bits at the end?
Old 11-30-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Flicker
So....if this was the last show for the season until the Super Bowl, what was the Christmas bits at the end?
Previews from next week's episode. The 12/7 ep is the last before the break.
Old 11-30-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Flicker
xmas episode is next week (entitled 'a very glee christmas)
Old 11-30-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much of an improvement over last week. Weak songs, tired plots. I wish the dance number had been a little beefier as it was the best part of the ep.

Do you think it was on purpose that Kurt seemed out of step with the rest of the Warblers? I think it could be, but then again it could be that the rest of the actors are professional dancers and Chris isn't, or just didn't have the time to rehearse with them. If it was on purpose it was very subtle, maybe too subtle for any show containing the canary scene near the end.
Old 11-30-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tofu
After last week's episode, I was looking forward to this but was kind of disappointed, especially with the song selections.
Same for me. The highlight of the songs for me was the Warblers' take on 'Hey Soul Sister'. The others were kind of meh IMO. And the last two numbers did nothing for me at all.
Old 11-30-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I picked the wrong episode to jump into this show. The songs were pretty weak and no Jane Lynch made me .

The best part of the ep to me was "Hey, Soul Sister". I'll admit that I like that song a lot, and their arrangement was really nice.
Old 11-30-10, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
Not much of an improvement over last week. Weak songs, tired plots. I wish the dance number had been a little beefier as it was the best part of the ep.

Do you think it was on purpose that Kurt seemed out of step with the rest of the Warblers? I think it could be, but then again it could be that the rest of the actors are professional dancers and Chris isn't, or just didn't have the time to rehearse with them. If it was on purpose it was very subtle, maybe too subtle for any show containing the canary scene near the end.
I agree with on the tired plots. I didn't care much for the scenes with Kurt at the Dalton Academy
Old 11-30-10, 10:57 PM

I was going to bitch about this episode, then Heather Morris looked really pretty, and i forget what i was going to say.
Old 11-30-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The last of the Brittany-Mike flips was ridiculous, glad they got some hang time in the sectionals number.
Old 11-30-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can we get an all-Warblers episode? "Hey, Soul Sister" and "Teenage Dream" are some of my favorites of the season.
Old 11-30-10, 11:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I will give them this, they must be making Oprah money in licensing fees on it, because it is everywhere. I opened my musical toilet seat this morning and it was playing that damn song.

I wouldn't doubt it. That song has been whored out for everything. That's where I hear it the most as I don't listen to the radio.

I swear I can watch Brittany dance all day long. She was hilarious on this episode.

So Puck didn't sleep with Rachel, right?
Old 12-01-10, 12:50 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir

I noticed it too. How long dud they have to practice, a day?
Old 12-01-10, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That tie at Sectionals was a riduclous cop-out and I lost even more respect for the show for resorting to such a storytelling device. Out of three competitors, two advance? So lame...

Puck and Brittany were great. I liked "Dog Days Are Over" there at the end, but it sounded a little too much like the original. I appreciate this show and the talent involved when the songs take a song and make it their own, but the virtual carbon copies usually sound great too.

Rachel was super obnoxious this episode. I hate what they've done with her character. Every episode she is a selfish jerk, but by the end she learns a lesson and is a better person for it. Then, the very next week she's back to square one. It's a little frustrating and some awful writing and character development.

Originally Posted by Cory02
Can we get an all-Warblers episode? "Hey, Soul Sister" and "Teenage Dream" are some of my favorites of the season.
Seriously, screw New Directions. I could listen to Blaine and the Warblers sing all day. As much as I can't stand "Hey, Soul Sister" Darren Criss did an amazing job with it, as he did with "Teenage Dream," which is easily my favourite song of the season.

Originally Posted by Patman
The last of the Brittany-Mike flips was ridiculous, glad they got some hang time in the sectionals number.
The dancing was ridiculously awesome. And I agree, that final flip was incredible. There should've been more dancing though, definitely one of the highlights of the episode.
Old 12-01-10, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cory02
Agreed. The two songs they've done are outstanding.
Old 12-01-10, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
That tie at Sectionals was a riduclous cop-out and I lost even more respect for the show for resorting to such a storytelling device. Out of three competitors, two advance? So lame...
What did you expect? We knew the Warblers would be there, and the alternative would be to not have them in the Regionals competition, which no one wants because they are awesome. And if New Directions doesn't go forward, they literally have nothing to work for throughout the rest of the season. And we all know that they would have ended up at Regionals somehow anyway. In probably a more convoluted and unrealistic way.

Just face it, they've built this show around these two competitions. Last year they won the first and lost the second. Some variation like that was going to happen again. And it'll happen again next season.

What's your "not lame" idea? Cause I can't think of a better alternative.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.