Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD2BLU Alternatives?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

DVD2BLU Alternatives?

Old 11-29-10, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD2BLU Alternatives?

Wondering if there is a dvd2bluray service (like warner brothers) being done by any other companies? I dont have many dvd's but i'm just getting into the blurays now and I'm looking to exchange and pay up if that is a possibility for any of these other movies. The only movies I have on the Warner list that I will upgrade for 5 dollars each are Christmas Vacation, Lost Boys, Freddy Vs. Jason, and Terminator 3. Just wondering really what I should do w/ these old dvd's now... sorry if this is the wrong forum
Old 11-30-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: DVD2BLU Alternatives?

Warner is the only one who does this practice.
Old 11-30-10, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD2BLU Alternatives?

The only other thing I know of from another studio is Disney's upgrade coupons.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html

Select the titles you want to upgrade, send in the form along with the Proof of Purchase tabs, and you'll receive an $8 coupon in your e-mail. You can usually find better deals as Disney titles come out, but for movies that are already released, you'll get $8 off a title. I believe the coupons expire 2 weeks after you print them, but you can print them anytime. So you can select titles you want to upgrade, then wait for them to go on sale before printing the coupon. I wish I had known that you could wait to print. I was up in the air about doing it, thinking I wouldn't make a purchase unless they were on sale. But if I had known you could wait to print, I would have gotten some really good deals on some of the titles.