Old 11-29-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Event -- Fall Finale -- "Everything will Change" -- 11/29/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-27

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
President Martinez (Blair Underwood) confronts the traitor in his administration, only to be met with threats of exposing the cover-up of Avias Air 514. Even after testing the loyalty of Isabel (guest star Necar Zadegan) and Thomas (Clifton Collins, Jr.), Sophia (Laura Innes) still suspects their subterfuge, so she sends Simon (Ian Anthony Dale) on a fact-finding mission. Her suspicions are confirmed when Thomas unveils a shocking new plan. Meanwhile, on the hunt for Samantha, Sean (Jason Ritter) and Leila (Sarah Roemer) battle the mercenaries sent by Dempsey (guest star Hal Holbrook).

Episode 10 of 22

Last episode of 2010. The show will return February 28, 2011

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PYG8fWEAOJs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PYG8fWEAOJs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-29-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Event -- Fall Finale -- "Everything will Change" -- 11/29/10

Is The Cape only 6 episodes? I somehow thought I'd read this show was going to have a longer hiatus. Hmm....
Old 11-29-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Is The Cape only 6 episodes? I somehow thought I'd read this show was going to have a longer hiatus. Hmm....
The Cape is 13 episodes, but the geniuses at NBC are only scheduling 8 to air in The Event's timeslot during the hiatus. The remaining 5 will air on a new day and time sometime before the TV season ends....I hope.
Old 11-29-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I guess the satellite transmission should be definitive proof that they're aliens.
Old 11-29-10, 10:49 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

And that Leila is half-Alf!

... and for the record, The Cape looks lame.
Old 11-30-10, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Well, I guess the satellite transmission should be definitive proof that they're aliens.
I don't know; it's definitely in that realm but I can see it being a transmission to a future Earth.

I thought Leila was involved somehow involved with Holbrook but didn't expect her to be half-visitor.

Looking forward to what happens the rest of the season.
Old 11-30-10, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Cape is 13 episodes, but the geniuses at NBC are only scheduling 8 to air in The Event's timeslot during the hiatus. The remaining 5 will air on a new day and time sometime before the TV season ends....I hope.
I wish they'd just go ahead and finish airing the rest of the season of The Event before starting the new series, The Cape. I can't imagine that breaking them up is good. Like you say, geniuses. Maybe they need the time to finish the new episodes of The Event?

Pretty good episode. Interesting twist with Leila and her dad. Makes more sense. I was under the impression that they couldn't mate with humans? I think I got this from the past re-telling of the alien CIA guy (Simon) and his relationship with the human woman from years back. I guess I was wrong on that one.

What is Holbrook's connection? Is he an alien, too?

Why are they retrieving little girls and injecting them to make them age? They want to wipe out all the half-breeds? I guess they don't have male half-breeds, only female ones?

well, have to wait til the end of February and after.
Old 11-30-10, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by northmoor
I wish they'd just go ahead and finish airing the rest of the season of The Event before starting the new series, The Cape. I can't imagine that breaking them up is good. Like you say, geniuses. Maybe they need the time to finish the new episodes of The Event?
In an ideal world, The Event would run from September to February or early March getting all 22 episodes out of the way and maybe throwing a few 2 week breaks for slow periods and Holidays. Then you could replace it with The Cape in the Spring and have it run all 13 episodes in a row until May sweeps. Hmmm, maybe I should be a programming scheduler.

But, I think the logic behind this is the creators of the show need the hiatus to get more episodes in the can so they can run episodes 11-22 without interruption when the show returns in February and still be able to pad the show out until May.
Old 11-30-10, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow...I am suppose to wait now until February to watch more of this crap. This show has only gotten worse since the beginning. There was an article on yahoo over the weekend for 12 shows that were either canceled or not doing very well and The Event was one of the 12 as still going but limping along. I gave this show one last chance with the fall finale thinking there will be a lot of good...exciting things going on that will make me want to come back in February to finish watching this show. There was nothing that makes me want to come back after three months and pick this up to see what happens. This show started off pretty good but is going down quick...
Old 11-30-10, 10:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Watched every episode to this point. Gave it a solid chance but found myself not intersted in any way and promptly deleted my season pass. I remember how the producers of this show dogged Flash Forward and said "We have a plan." Plan sucked though and this show won't last much longer after it's haitus.
Old 11-30-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Given the promos I saw, I'll be surprised if it last 2 episodes. It looked dreadful.
Old 11-30-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by northmoor
Pretty good episode. Interesting twist with Leila and her dad. Makes more sense. I was under the impression that they couldn't mate with humans? I think I got this from the past re-telling of the alien CIA guy (Simon) and his relationship with the human woman from years back. I guess I was wrong on that one.

What is Holbrook's connection? Is he an alien, too?

Why are they retrieving little girls and injecting them to make them age? They want to wipe out all the half-breeds? I guess they don't have male half-breeds, only female ones?

well, have to wait til the end of February and after.

I had a feeling once it was revealed that dude was after Leila, and given the kidnapping of her sister, that the dad was an alien or whatever.
Old 11-30-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Here's the 3 1/2 minute trailer for The Cape that was shown at the upfronts in May. I think this gives you a better idea on what the show is about.

<object width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" allowFullScreen="true" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Old 11-30-10, 02:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know why people hate this show, while it's not amazing i still like it and cannot wait to find out what's going on (which we never will, since it'll probably be canceled)

There's such a big drought of serialized shows that i always get attached to them, even if they're not that great. There's so many sitcoms and procedurals and reality shows on network tv that when there's a serialized drama i always get hooked on it. And if there's sci fi elements to it, even better! But we never get answers because they always get canceled because no one watches because there's not enough answers. Irony at it's finest :P
Old 11-30-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 185 Posts

The president only has daughters.
Old 11-30-10, 03:48 PM

Here's the 3 1/2 minute trailer for The Cape that was shown at the upfronts in May. I think this gives you a better idea on what the show is about.

<object width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1228325&showID=392" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" allowFullScreen="true" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>
Now that doesn't look too bad. Might give it a shot.
Old 11-30-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

This episode certainly wasn't the "Wow!" it needed to be to carry it through a three month hiatus. I still find myself looking forward to it, but my ass doesn't need to be in a seat on Monday nights, especially with Hulu+ now on the Roku.
Old 12-01-10, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk God

For what was promoted as a "Fall Finale" leading into a 3 month hiatus, I think it definitely lacked the Wow! or Oh Shit! factor other than the minor reveal about Michael being an alien and Leila being part-alien. I was entertained, but I think this episode mostly served as set-up for the 2nd half of the season.

I don't understand what Thomas' end game is supposed to be. He's obviously frustrated being in the shadow of Sophia, but I don't get what he and Isabel are trying to do. He mentioned in the garage that alot of people are going to die....okay? I did think it was funny how Isabel barely had a limp when she was walking with Thomas considering she shot herself in the knee/leg only a few days earlier.

And of course the VP was going to play stupid with Martinez.

The subplot with Dempsey's group kidnapping the "part-alien" little girls and injecting them with the aging serum needs more explanation. I really hope the back 12 episodes sheds some light on that.

Obviously when the show returns your not going to get new viewers as noone watches a serial drama mid-season so they better come back with a bang to keep their already small audience.

One thing that annoys the crap out of me is why these TV shows need to create fictional countries like the country that the rocket was launched from.

Last edited by DJariya; 12-01-10 at 02:59 AM.
Old 12-01-10, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk God

I do have to say that Blair Underwood has done a solid job playing Martinez along with Zeljko Ivanek as Blake. They are easily the strongest actors on this show.
Old 12-01-10, 07:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think this episode was originally meant to be the 'fall finale' as it was only announced that it was going on hiatus a few weeks ago. I had hoped they might have re-edited to make it more finale worthy but I guess I'm not suprised. I'll keep watching when (and if) it comes back, confident that it will soon be cancelled. I had already dropped the season pass once, but gave it another shot. I'm a completist and knowing that there will only be a few more episodes, I have to finish it out. The only show I ever gave up on was Heroes.
Old 12-01-10, 07:55 AM
ATX

Zeljko Ivanek yes.

Blair Underwood no.
Old 12-01-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I thought this episode was one of the most lackluster of the season. More than anything, I find myself wanting to shoot Leila for being so impulsive ("I KNOW this is the place!")--the fact that they get into the basement hideout and without hardly any looking around, she starts running through the place shouting for her sister was very stupid for that character.

I've loved this show, but it's really reminding me of FastForward--a solid, strong start that they can't sustain.

I also had a feeling both Luke from Gilmore Girls and Mike from Ed were aliens only because I couldn't imagine them casting these good actors for throwaway roles. :P
Old 12-01-10, 04:03 PM

... I did think it was funny how Isabel barely had a limp when she was walking with Thomas considering she shot herself in the knee/leg only a few days earlier.
That and she was clearly aiming at her right knee in that episode, but was walking with the cane in her left hand and favoring her left knee.
Old 12-01-10, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
That and she was clearly aiming at her right knee in that episode, but was walking with the cane in her left hand and favoring her left knee.
The proper way to use a cane is opposite the bad leg. So this is one thing the show actually gets right.

I guess these aliens heal like Wolverine? The gunshot wound, the building that fell on Simon, not being sure to kill Sophia with one bullet, and the Dad strolling out to the corn field after taking a bullet in the leg. I don't think it's been explicitly stated, but it should have been known all along since the captured ones were injured and the government would have watched them heal in captivity.

Oh, and I'm not sure how much sense it makes leaving the pilot behind after the plane crash with him turning out to be an ET.
Old 12-01-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't mind watching it, although I'm less enthused than at the beginning. It's fairly entertaining, but if it were cancelled I wouldn't really miss it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.