Reload this Page >

Transformers Prime on Hub.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-27-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

New Transformers 5 part series coming to Hub next week. Looks like the designs are straight from the movie which isn't a good thing if you ask me. I'm really digging the animation style though, far more details then I'm used to cartoons having.

Hub is premiering the first 2 episodes of the 5 part series this weekend and I have to say I really liked it. Haven't liked a Transformers series since Gen 1 so I'm hoping they take this past the initial 5. Only drawback I think is using the movie design on the Transformers themselves.

On a side not there is a new G.I. Joe series coming as well, Renegades. Hub premiered the first 2 episodes of this as well and while the animation isn't as good as Transformers I thought the storyline showed some major promise.
Old 11-27-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: Transformers Prime on Hub.

Actually, some of them, like Cliffjumper and Bulkhead, look like they're based on the Transformers Animated designs.
Old 11-27-10, 10:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

i thought the first part was utterly unwatchable and didn't continue. i hate the badly done CGI animation or whatever it is called. voice acting was good, but the animation took me out almost instantly. i was actually looking forward to this.
Old 12-09-10, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone else tuned in? I just finished the 2nd episode and am enjoying it so far.
Old 12-09-10, 10:55 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

I watched the first 5. I thought it put together a pretty good story. Good to have Welker doing Megatron again.

I'm in for more when it starts up again
Old 12-10-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What I didn't like is that there are essentially only 3 Decepticons. Megatron (who is now a plane for some reason), Starscream (who is an even worse looking plane), Soundwave who I haven't seen transform, and all of the cars that don't seem to have names or personalities.
Old 12-10-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm bailing on it. I hate just about everything... I'm giving G.I. Joe a bit more leeway cuz I think it is a slightly better show.
Old 12-13-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

How's the animation on GI Joe? The commercials didn't make it seem too appealing.

I'm puzzled why they mixed stuff based on Animated (Bulkhead, maybe Ratchet) and stuff from the movie (Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron). Especially Bumblebee, as I hate R2-D2-Bee. As usual for these shows, I already dislike the humans already through two episodes (hey, a 16 year old with a brand new bike! Don't worry mom, he's wearing a helmet and he saved up for it from his job at BK). Also as soon as I heard the Rock's voice, I knew Cliff wasn't going to be around long. Also, is it just me or are the fights kind of odd... the Autobots basically just stand in a line and start shooting.

So is this just a miniseries, or did it get picked up? Also, is this the first time they made a series without planning the toys out first?
Old 12-13-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The animation on GI Joe is more traditional. Not like TF at all. I don't think it's that good but I actually liked the story, although I've still only seen the first 2.

I think TF has been picked up. I've seen commercials that say coming in February.
Old 12-13-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GI Joe looks a bit odd as almost all the characters are inexplicably Asian. Its continuity is not from the movie, shows or comics... it is basically a revamp (though they did keep the stupid cargo pants on Snake-Eyes).