Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Question about digital optical cables....

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Question about digital optical cables....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-00, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently have a digital coax cable connecting my DVD player (Sony DVP-S300) to my receiver (Yamaha RX-V595a). I am planning on hooking up my Playstation 2, when I get it, using a digital optical cable as it only supports optical and not coax.

My question is - is there a difference between different brand digital optical cables? I know that it does not really matter in the case of digital coax cables. Does the same apply to optical cables. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-06-00, 01:08 AM

I'd say pretty much the same deal applies. Just find the lowest cost optical cable you can that still looks like it will hold together, and buy that one.
Old 09-06-00, 04:34 AM

Thanks for the info. i saw a 3' one in Sears for 9.99. I think I will go for that.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.