DVD Talk
"Fulfilled by Amazon" but free shipping no longer works? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : "Fulfilled by Amazon" but free shipping no longer works?

Viper187
11-25-10, 02:33 PM
Both Tuesday night and last night I tried to order different items that were sold by other merchants and eligible for FSS (as I do many times), but it hasn't been giving me the option of free shipping at checkout at all. I wondered if anyone else ran into this. I called Amazon yesterday when I was trying to order a TV and it was slapping me with a $50 shipping charge despite being FSS eligible, and the CS didn't know what to make of it either. He gave me a $50 credit to make up for the shipping cost he couldn't fix.

blackmage214
11-30-10, 03:13 PM
is your prime membership still active?

That's all I can think of

Viper187
12-01-10, 12:44 AM
is your prime membership still active?

That's all I can think of

No, and it has nothing to do with Prime. My Prime quit months ago. The free shipping still applies at $25+ and I've been using it with these other merchants since then. All of a sudden that feature became broken. Like I said, even the Amazon CS didn't know why it was doing it, but gave me a credit for the shipping cost of my order.

LosingMyMind
12-01-10, 02:17 AM
Damn, you should have kept your Prime. Shitty deal.

wz42
12-01-10, 04:45 AM
Damn, you should have kept your Prime. Shitty deal.

Why should he keep paying for it when he doesn't want it esp when it doesn't even apply to this issue?

Guess it's a shitty deal I didn't buy that butter churn I have no use for...

story
12-01-10, 08:45 AM
But that butter churn was so cheap!

chuckstuff
01-26-11, 09:48 PM
I recently got the complete hunter from amazon it was fulfilled by amazon they shipped it,it was new but the case was busted and it would not hold the discs I emailed amazon about a replacement.
they told me since it was only fulfilled by them they could not exchange it and that i could return it and wait 4 weeks for a refund from the seller.I just kept it and called Mill creek about a replacement case .
And for those that have not bought a Mill creek DVD their cases are SUPER CHEAP, paper envelopes cheap cheap.

Viper187
01-26-11, 10:17 PM
I recently got the complete hunter from amazon it was fulfilled by amazon they shipped it,it was new but the case was busted and it would not hold the discs I emailed amazon about a replacement.
they told me since it was only fulfilled by them they could not exchange it and that i could return it and wait 4 weeks for a refund from the seller.I just kept it and called Mill creek about a replacement case .
And for those that have not bought a Mill creek DVD their cases are SUPER CHEAP, paper envelopes cheap cheap.

Oh, I hate those. I picked up the complete series of Renegade a couple months ago and it was all that shit. I had just enough Versapak cases left to solve the problem.

kintnerboy
01-27-11, 05:12 AM
I used to have Prime but got rid of it when I realized that 8 times out of 10 the FBA stuff I ordered (during a lapse in my membership) arrived within 2 days anyway.

Although recently I have had the 'free shipping' option disappear on me during checkout, usually when I try to add a book to an order of dvds.

Obviously, they don't want to ship heavy things for free (the customer service rep you spoke to should have known this) so they need to either fix the glitch or announce a written policy change or something.