Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Shows)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Shows)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...mSearchResults

Target:

http://www.target.com/Sale-Select-TV...ode=2514516011

As some of you already know, there is a $10 off coupon for some ABC shows included in the packages of these shows, which include:

Castle Season 2
Lost Season 6
Brothers and Sisters Season 4
Ugly Betty Season 4
Grey's Anatomy Season 6
Desperate Housewives Season 6
FlashForward the complete series
Scrubs Season 9
Private Practice Season 3
Cougar Town Season 1

-------------------------------------------------------------

I got extremely lucky today, this is what I managed to pick up. I started out with Zero coupons. For this to work, you need to buy each item separately.

1) Went to Target got Private Practice season 3 ($19.99) and got the $10 off coupon.
2) Went back in again and used the $10 off coupon and got Brothers & Sisters for $9.99 with the discount. Got another $10 off coupon.
3) Went back in again and used the $10 off coupon and got Grey's season 6 for $14.99 and got another $10 off coupon.

**No Castle Season 2 at this Target or any in my area.

4) Drove to Best Buy and used the $10 off coupon from Grey's to get Lost Season 6 with the bonus disc for $14.99 and got another $10 off coupon.
5) Went back in again and used the $10 off coupon and got Cougar Town season 1 for $7.49 and got yet another $10 off coupon.
6) Since none of the Target's in my area had Castle Season 2, I went ahead and used the $10 off coupon and got Castle Season 2 at Best Buy for $12.49. No coupon inside.

Grand Total before tax:
Private Practice= $19.99
Brothers & Sisters= $9.99
Grey's Anatomy= $14.99
Lost= $14.99
Castle= $12.49
Cougar Town= $7.49
------------------------
Total= $79.94 before tax. Saved about $185 with the sale prices and the $50 worth of coupons I managed to get.

If any of you wants to attempt this, don't buy Castle 1st. There was no coupon in it.
Old 11-14-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Show

Not advertised but Flash Forward is $24.99 at BB this week as well (I noticed this online first and then went in store and had them do a price check to confirm).

I used my Lost S6 $10 certificate and walked out with Flash for $14.99 plus tax. Cougar Town is a funny show for those who like comedies.
Old 11-14-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Show

YMMV on these coupons, as some sets don't have them. For instance, my copy of Scrubs didn't come with a coupon while my copy of Castle did.
Old 11-14-10, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
YMMV on these coupons, as some sets don't have them. For instance, my copy of Scrubs didn't come with a coupon while my copy of Castle did.
I went 5 for 5 (started out with 0 coupons) before my luck ended with Castle.
Old 11-14-10, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
Definately YMMV with these coupons. My experience was the exact opposite. Scrubs S9 had the coupon while Castle S2 did not...
Old 11-14-10, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Does Scrubs/Castle have any inserts beside the coupons? Perhaps shaking the case to hear a piece of a paper could help?
Old 11-14-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Couldn't you just open the set in-store to confirm coupon and even use it on the now opened item?
Old 11-14-10, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Does Scrubs/Castle have any inserts beside the coupons? Perhaps shaking the case to hear a piece of a paper could help?
Yes, they both had inserts:

Scrubs S9 (with slipcover) had the coupon and an additional insert titled "Get the Best in High Definition for your HDTV".

Castle S2 (with slipcover) did not have the coupon, but had two inserts, one was "The thrilling sequel to the bestselling "Heat Wave" is now available in hardcover! and the other insert was the same "Get the Best in High Definition for your HDTV".

I guess you could try to shake the case...
Old 11-14-10, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk God

There is a Disney BR Flyer/Insert in each package. You won't be able to see on Lost or Grey's, but the others have a clear keep case where you can see at the bottom. I looked underneath and each one appeared to have an additional insert which turned out to be the coupon. Castle's unfortunately was a flyer promoting Naked Heat.
Old 11-14-10, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
Couldn't you just open the set in-store to confirm coupon and even use it on the now opened item?
The sets that I bought were all locked in those clear plastic security cases that the cashiers struggle to open...
Old 11-15-10, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
The sets that I bought were all locked in those clear plastic security cases that the cashiers struggle to open...
I saw a few gorilla locked, also! Did anyone notice, the legend of the seeker,S2 in the same bin as all the ABC movies!! $22.99 Wondering, if the coupon can be used on the seeker? i havent seen an actual coupon but I would attempt it! I dont dare to open my mom's (GA-S6) gift. ; )
Old 11-15-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Legend of the Seeker Season 2 is not included on the Coupon.
Old 11-15-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Flashforward CS is 22.99 @ Target.. so after coupon.. 12.99.. couple $$ cheaper than Best Buy.
Old 11-15-10, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I only really want Castle...so if I don't get another $10 coupon it'll be OK.
Old 11-15-10, 11:14 AM

I think I am going to pick up Scrubs season 9 from target since I already have a 10 off coupon from Grey's Anatomy. And if I get another coupon then I will use it to get FF If not it's all good.
Old 11-15-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Flash Forward a worthy purchase? I've heard it's a good show, but since it was canceled pretty early, I assume it leaves you hanging and has no ending of any sort?
Old 11-15-10, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Is Flash Forward a worthy purchase? I've heard it's a good show, but since it was canceled pretty early, I assume it leaves you hanging and has no ending of any sort?
I enjoyed this show and wish it had come back--I think it was the long mid-season delay from the Olympics that killed it. It also ruined it so that the dates mentioned in the first few episodes could no longer be used in real-time. They did have an ending of sorts, but it also leaves more questions. To me, The Event feels very similar to Flash Forward. That said, I was happy to pick it up for a re-watch at only $13!
Old 11-15-10, 12:22 PM

Target also had some deals on other shows that don't apply to the coupon. Some were in the sales flier, but others not mentioned were The Cleveland Show S1 for $12.99 and Legend of the Seeker S2 for $19.99.
Old 11-15-10, 01:07 PM

I'm 0 for 1 so far, no coupon in Cougar Town S1.
Old 11-15-10, 02:11 PM

First brought $63.87 Target
Brothers and Sisters 4 $19.99
Desperate Housewives 6 $19.99
Private Practice 3 $19.99
Opened them up outside and got 2 coupons so next

Second Transaction $33.23 Target
2 Grey Anatomy 6 after coupons

Tried a different Target but they didn’t have what I still needed so went to the Best Buy in the same shopping center

Third Transaction used 2 coupons from Grey’s Anatomy $46.53
Flash Forward Complete Series 24.99
PM Castle 2 19.99
Ugly Betty 4 17.49

None of the sets I got at Best Buy at coupons. Should have checked this first to see if I could tell which sets had coupons before purchase. Overall very pleased because ABC tvdvd shows are not on sale as often as others like Warner or Fox TV boxsets. But 143.63 for 8 sets is good and averages to $17.95 a season making it under my goal of $20 for tv series sets. Using one of the Grey’s Anatomy as a gift and my friend says its okay that I opened to get the coupon.
Old 11-15-10, 05:42 PM

I went to best buy today for Brothers & Sisters season 4 and the first one I picked up didn't have a upc sticker over the plastic wrap so I took the one in the back which had the sticker. I opened it up and the coupon was inside. All of the sets I bought yesterday had the stickers and coupons.
Old 11-16-10, 11:21 AM

Go to Target and buy Scrubs S9 for $10. Opened it up, get the coupon, and go back in to get another copy for FREE. Take the unopened copy and get a full refund. Free Scrubs S9!
Old 11-16-10, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by deathbystereo
Go to Target and buy Scrubs S9 for $10. Opened it up, get the coupon, and go back in to get another copy for FREE. Take the unopened copy and get a full refund. Free Scrubs S9!
That's awesome.

I got 4 of these today at Best Buy and Scrubs was the only one that didn't have a coupon. Good thing that was the last one I went for.
Old 11-16-10, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I believe the $10 coupons were a part of the ABC promo Best Buy ran in the fall. Not that the coupons were only available at Best Buy but they were included in the season sets released in the fall. At that time the more season sets you bought, the more you saved. Lost and Scrubs were not a part of this deal. I don't think you will find the coupons in those sets, but I could be wrong. The other shows were. I think if you did not get a coupon in one of the shows included in the fall sale, that copy of the show is probably from a later shipment. I took part in that sale and all the DVDs I bought in the fall had the coupon.
Old 11-16-10, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
At that time the more season sets you bought, the more you saved. Lost and Scrubs were not a part of this deal. I don't think you will find the coupons in those sets, but I could be wrong.
You would be wrong Lost 6 and Scrubs 9 are definetly part of this deal and had/have the coupons included.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.