Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon return...what do you think???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-10, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recieved the wrong item today so I sent them two emails (just to make sure they got it)

The first response said they would refund me the price of the item, but not the shipping (but from my understanding I could keep the item)

The second one told me to return it, and provided a shipping label...

I'm sending it back so do you think I will get back my original shipping which was $7???

This is from a seller who is fullfilled by Amazon
Old 11-13-10, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Amazon return...what do you think???

Definitely should. The only time I didn't get refunded shipping was when I sent something back because they added the same item to a combo deal and wouldn't just give me the other item. I probably could have lied but I still made out really well.
Old 11-13-10, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

If Amazon sent the wrong item you should receive a credit for the full price, including shipping, when it's returned. If it's a "fulfilled by Amazon" item it's treated as if it were sold by Amazon if there are problems. I'd go with the 2nd response and use the pre-paid return label unless the incorrect item is worth $7 to you.

By sending 2 emails you can confuse the issue and create issues you did not intend. In this case you have two very different responses which *could* cause issues no matter which return method you choose. It's best to only send 1 request and send a 2nd only if you've not received a response within a couple of days. Even then, reference the first email to help avoid confusion.
Old 01-21-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I had a defective item that I just contacted them about. I was told they could not create a replacement order because I paid with my bank account - so I would instead be issued a refund for the blu-ray. I checked the order status earlier tonight and it listed a refund having been processed for the item today "January 21, 2011". Then they send me an e-mail with the breakdown of the refund. All good so far.

I was also sent a return shipping label and told to reorder the movie if I wanted another copy. Well, before I did that, I happened to check the order status again and discovered the note about the refund is mysteriously gone. I'm not reordering anything until I find out what's going on. I find it strange they would be issuing a refund without requiring me to return the item first anyway. The barcode they provided for the returns department to scan lists "replacement" instead of "refund" - so that will probably cause confusion if that's how my return is labeled in their system.
Old 01-22-11, 02:04 AM

^^^ Sounds like you're still gonna get a full refund. I would just send it back and wait it out a week or so.
Old 01-23-11, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Well, I contacted them about it and the refund magically reappeared on the order. I'll be sending it back this afternoon.