Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner's 'Classic TV Christmas Collection' (Eight is Enough - whoo-hoo!!)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Along with Eight Is Enough (which hasn't been released on DVD yet), there's a season 3 episode of Welcome Back, Kotter, and a season 2 episode of Alice. Unfortunately, there are a lot of shows here that I never watched - so hey, I guess it'll be a new experience.

01 Dr. Kildare - "An Exchange of Gifts" (Season 4; 12/24/64) - Thinking he's about to die, a derelict alcoholic gives away his life's hoardings.

02: The Courtship of Eddie's Father - "Gifts are for Giving" (Season 2; 12/23/70) - What goes around comes around when Norman's prized medallion circulates among the cast. Although not a Christmas episode per se, this story, originally aired two days before the holiday warmly illustrates the pure joy of giving.

03: CHiPs - "Christmas Watch" (Season 3; 12/15/79) - Christmas season doesn't mean time off for Jon and Ponch when thieves steal a 500 year-old bell from a community church.

04: Eight is Enough - "Yes Nicholas, There is a Santa Claus - Parts 1 & 2" (Season 2; 12/14/77) - The Bradford's Christmas is put on hold when all the family's presents are stolen.

05: Welcome Back, Kotter - "Sweathog Christmas Special" (Season 3; 12/15/77) - Mix merriment, mistletoe and menorahs and whip up a Christmas party with the Sweathogs.

06: Alice - "A Semi-Merry Christmas" (Season 2; 12/18/77) - Alice, Tommy, Flo, Vera, and Mel spend Christmas together snowbound in a semi trailer.

07: Perfect Strangers - "The Gift of the Mypiot" (Season 4; 12/16/88) - Balki ruins Larry's holiday mood by inviting his lonely boss, Mr. Gorpley, to the their Christmas Eve party.

08: Mama's Family - "Mama Gets Goosed" (Season 6; 12/20/86) - Mama frets about cooking a live goose for Christmas dinner.

09: Veronica's Closet - "Veronica's Christmas Song " (Season 1; 12/18/97) - Veronica and Olive audition to sing at a Christmas concert at Lincoln Center.

10: Suddenly Susan - "The Walk Out" (Season 1; 12/19/96) - When Jack doesn't hand out Christmas bonuses, the staff goes on strike.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sit...#ixzz14nIjPsHq
Old 11-09-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner's 'Classic TV Christmas Collection' (Eight is Enough - whoo-hoo!!)

Not my favorite shows in this collection but i like the precident that it sets of TV episodes with a theme being released by the archives. I'll be picking it up.
Old 11-10-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, not my fav shows either, but worth the buy for the Alice episode and to support so more of these will be released.
Old 11-10-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't Love, American Style added to this set as well or am I thinking of the Paramount Christmas Set?