Old 11-05-10, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "Family Matters" -- 11/05/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-11-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dean (Jensen Ackles) becomes suspicious of Samuel's (guest star Mitch Pileggi) motives, but Sam isn't sold on the idea that their grandfather is doing anything wrong. The brothers go along on a hunt with Samuel and the other Campbells, but things go terribly awry.

Episode 7 of 22

Written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin
Directed by Guy Bee

2 more episodes left after tonight before the show takes the Holidays off.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4rxnn_eyUs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4rxnn_eyUs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-05-10, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "Family Matters" -- 11/05/10

Wow , really good episode tonight. We got answers on top of answers.

Spoiler:
I'm glad they didn't drag things out and we got Cass and Crowley.
I think what Crowley is holding over Samuel is his wife. Maybe he was promised that he could be with her or bring her back to.
Old 11-05-10, 11:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

I guess Parker Lewis can lose

Castiel's deadpan response about their problems being his first priority was hilarious
Old 11-06-10, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Castiel's deadpan response about their problems being his first priority was hilarious
Yup, He's the man!

I love Misha . He is so funny.
Old 11-06-10, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

It took a few episodes but this season has finally picked up. I hope they keep the momentum going.
Old 11-06-10, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

It was definitely the most tame episode so far but well worth it for the answers and the story extension. This show does one of the best jobs ever with bouncing back and forth without beating over you the head by saying "Do you remember this, do you remember this, just want to make sure, just want to make sure".

I really wish I got into this show when it first came out......man, that was such a long time ago.
Old 11-07-10, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another really good episode.
Spoiler:
I called it on the no soul predicament.
. Hmm, where's Bobby?
Old 11-07-10, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed the ep, but I got to say I was disappointed when I learned who was pulling the strings. Crowley is an entertaining character, but they just hit my overexposed limit.

Also, it seems they are pulling a bit of a retcon with Sam just being in a bad part of hell and not locked in a near inescapable cage with Lucifer et al.
Old 11-07-10, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
I enjoyed the ep, but I got to say I was disappointed when I learned who was pulling the strings. Crowley is an entertaining character, but they just hit my overexposed limit.

Also, it seems they are pulling a bit of a retcon with Sam just being in a bad part of hell and not locked in a near inescapable cage with Lucifer et al.
No retcon, they mentioned it specifically with Dean saying something along the lines of "You're just a punkass crossroads demon, you don't have the mojo to pull someone out of Lucifer's cage."
Old 11-08-10, 12:00 AM

They explained Crowley's new job title a couple of weeks ago when the demon Bobby was interrogating mentioned Crowley as being the king of hell.

I thought Dean and Sam knew that already?
Old 11-08-10, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tenaciousdave
No retcon, they mentioned it specifically with Dean saying something along the lines of "You're just a punkass crossroads demon, you don't have the mojo to pull someone out of Lucifer's cage."
I sure didn't get the impression last year that the cage was something that a demon with enough mojo could just pluck someone out of. With the breaking of the seals/signs of the apocalypse and having held Lucifer for eons it seemed like a tougher nut to crack.
Old 11-08-10, 07:09 AM

If the nephew was possessed by a demon for a long time like Crowley said, how come Castiel didn't notice when the nephew barged into Grandpa's office when Cass was seeing if Gramps had a soull?
Old 11-08-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought a regular crossroads demon did have enough mojo to bring someone out,(if they made a deal like Sam tried to do when Dean was down there.) except for Lucifer who could only get out by breaking the seals. We saw others, including John Winchester, escape hell at the end of Season 2. But I thought Lucifer couldnt escape then because he was "sealed" in.
Old 11-08-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Z-B
If the nephew was possessed by a demon for a long time like Crowley said, how come Castiel didn't notice when the nephew barged into Grandpa's office when Cass was seeing if Gramps had a soull?
The question is how does a family of hunters not have anti-possession tattoos or charmes? These writers are usually better than that.
Old 11-08-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I thought a regular crossroads demon did have enough mojo to bring someone out,(if they made a deal like Sam tried to do when Dean was down there.) except for Lucifer who could only get out by breaking the seals. We saw others, including John Winchester, escape hell at the end of Season 2. But I thought Lucifer couldnt escape then because he was "sealed" in.
I don't think Lucifer's cage was even mentioned as being part of hell last year. The Yellow Eyed Demon, Azazel, who was himself no slouch in the demonic mojo department, couldn't even communicate with Lucifer until he found where the entrance to the cage was on earth. Didn't they say at one point that Lucifer's mere existence was only rumored among demons?

The point is that it's not like Lucifer was just trapped in hell with everyone else and at the end of last season Sam was sent to hell just like Dean. When they were talking about Sam going in the cage last season they definitely sold it as more than that.
Old 11-08-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm. I guess I just assumed Lucifer=hell.
Old 11-08-10, 09:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sam mentioned he came back almost immediately and woke up in a field. I was thinking Crowley could have pulled Sam away and left Lucifer to rot in the pit just an instant before the pit was sealed?
Old 11-08-10, 09:53 PM

I dont remember but what happened to the four horseman rings that were used to open the cage? Maybe one of Crowley's demon henchmen got them and opened the cage , removed Sam but put the soul somewhere in the pit for leverage over Samuel .

I would not be surprised if an angel is working with him considering that more than a few wanted the apocalypse to happen to begin with.The angel is the one who pulled Samuel.

Pure speculation on my part but I have no life.
Old 11-10-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Interesting stuff.

I'm guessing the hold Crowley has over Samuel is either bringing his wife or kids back. Maybe we'll get to see John again this season!

Glad that the secrets are out in the open now and we can concentrate on beating Crowley and getting Sam's soul back. Guess they should have hung onto Crowley's remains.