Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Save MyCoke Rewards Points? New DVD Box Sets all under 500 points!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-01-10, 01:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I entered www.mycokerewards.com tonight and decided to browse the prizes since I'm sitting on 500 points. To my SHOCK they offered the newly released MODERN FAMILY Season One DVD set for ONLY 320 Coke Points! To think I was considering cashing out 485 for "just" a movie ticket & a soda, that is a WAY better deal consider it's only worth 10 bucks and the MF box set is over $30 on Amazon.

Strangely enough, a few weeks back they had the box set for THE LEAGUE (comedy about Fantasy Football) for 600 points and I considered it but passed. NOW they show it as a "new" reward for ONLY 200 points!

My mom & her boyfriend swill a TON of Coke and save all the caps/code flaps for me. You can only enter 120 points a week so it pays off to be patient for when they have great rewards for low points.

They also have Family Guy, Cleveland Show, Simpsons etc. for 175 to 450 points. At this low level they won't last.

Obviously you have to be into MCR to take advantage of this but for those that do, go there now! I had 500 points already and after entering just a handful of codes I picked up over $50 worth of TV sets, the shipping is free too!

Other good deals they currently have are Chilis $5 GC for 140 points & Kmart $10 GC for 280 points.

Many times in the past the best item they had was a free blockbuster rental for 100 points so these deals are much better.

I wonder if Coke will give us BONUS points when we become diagnosed with Diabetes? ;-)

Noah
Old 11-01-10, 01:23 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Save MyCoke Rewards Points? New DVD Box Sets all under 500 points!

Thanks I got Simpsons and Modern family. I hope they dont cancel the orders if its a mistake.
Old 11-01-10, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up The League and American Dad! from My Coke Rewards back when they were first on there and was glad to get them. I also ordered Glee as a gift for someone, since I already had the Target Exclusive version. I noticed the other day they took all the DVDs off and wondered why. Nice to see them back up and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm bummed I used more points on The League and American Dad! than I would have if I had waited, but that's not a big deal.

I just ordered Modern Family, The Simpsons, Bones, and Family Guy: Partial Terms Of Endearment. I'm debating placing an order for The Cleveland Show too; not a show I'd necessarily spend my money on, but when it's just points I'm more inclined to get it.
Old 11-01-10, 06:38 AM

Wow--that's an excellent deal--too bad I just spent 1300 points on Family guy two weeks ago.
Old 11-01-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I have is 201 points, but I figured I'd try the League for 200 pts - thanks OP!
Old 11-01-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Thanks, OP. In for The League and Modern Family, both blind "buys"

FYI-The K-mart Gift Card is out of stock. I ordered one several weeks ago and it was only 1 per account, I believe.

One new addition is a $25 Best Buy gift card for 500 points. Picked up one of those as well.
Old 11-01-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy crap, it finally paid off! I was wondering if they were going to update with more worthwhile items after last month's little DVD surge. Snagged Modern Family and a Best Buy $25 giftcard. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 11-01-10, 08:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool. Seems to good to be true. I hope they don't cancel. Got Glee, Modern family, and Family Guy.
Old 11-01-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked up one "Modern Family" for my Aunt and two "The League" - one for myself and another for
a friend. The one for a friend would be like a joke as his fantasy teams are not doing well this season
and maybe he can get some advice for next season by watching the DVD! (LOL!)

As for "Modern Family" - cool deal! My Aunt loves the show and I was planning on buying the DVD set
for her and surprising her when we go over to their house on Thanksgiving. Shes not a DVD collector
persay so I know she won't be getting the DVD anytime soon. If she has (and so far she doesn't -
saw her DVD collection over the weekend, not there) oh well, I'll just give it to one of my cousins.
More important, its cool that I'm getting the DVD from mycokerewards as my Aunt has probably given
me at least 500 points or so worth of codes in the last couple of years so why not reward her with a
DVD of one of her favorite shows.

Hopefully they will continue to offer the second season (and further seasons) of each show as it
would be cool to continue getting these shows from mycokerewards. Thanks to the OP for posting
this cool deal! Now I gotta go in front of the fireplace and get warmed up as this deal is making me
too cool! LOL!

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 11-01-10 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-01-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I tried peeking at the Rewards, but I only spotted The Simpsons S13 DVD for cheap (around 500 pts I think). To me the bigger deal is that for 500 pts people are saying you can get a $25 Home Depot or Best Buy gift card.

Of course it doesn't matter because I don't have a Coke Rewards account and drink so little Coke that it would take me years to reach anything worthwhile. Now if Pepsi had Rewards like these, I could take advantage. I'm still jealous of that guy at work who has other people at work drop off lots of Coke bottle caps at his desk daily. I finally asked him how many points he averages per week from other people and he said 60-80 pts. He has a whole sack of them he hasn't entered. I once mentioned I heard Coke has some good offers available now and it would be cool if someone would give me free Coke Rewards like he gets, and he just looked at me with disdain... like how low of me to ask someone else for free Coke Rewards. Oh wait... he did that with other people, but that's OK. It's only bad if I do it.
Old 11-01-10, 09:51 AM

Thanks for posting this great deal. I got the first season of Modern Family.
Old 11-01-10, 12:03 PM

Thanks! Just got Glee and Modern Family. The Best Buy gift card is already out of stock.
Old 11-01-10, 12:21 PM

Dayum....and I've been throwing away points on sweepstakes after getting a couple of Entertainment Weekly subscriptions.

A lot of the online game prizes from McDonald's Monopoly game are 30 Coke Points. We won about 300 of them but since nothing in the catalog tripped our trigger, we just kept blowing 3 points a shot on contests.

Timing is everything.
Old 11-01-10, 12:56 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks! Glad I caught this thread! Got The Simpsons and Bones, and a $25 Best Buy card.
Old 11-01-10, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. In for Simpsons and Bones; a couple of nice Christmas gifts.
Old 11-01-10, 06:24 PM

Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts

Soooooo happy I blew 800 pts on The League in August...

It was bound to happen, but I can't remember a deal like this in the three years I've been saving Rewards points.

Picked up a $25 Best Buy card with my last 500 pts. Hopefully I can get Modern Family for less-- or knock down the price of the Glee Blu-Ray during Black Friday.

Unless, of course, I don't get the card until afterwards. Sometimes rewards show up in two weeks; sometimes six.

Either way, I've picked up a heckuva a lot of DVD sets through Coke Rewards, so I'm not too upset I paid 4 times as much for them.
Old 11-01-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up The Simpsons Season 13 for 425 points.

I still have about 1,700 points left over.
Old 11-02-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up FAMILY GUY Season 8 for 325 points. Thanks, OP.
Old 11-02-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just picked up Glee for 500 points! Thanks OP
Old 11-03-10, 10:43 AM

DRAT! I need 24 more points for the Simpsons!
Old 11-03-10, 06:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Just received three separate e-mails for my DVD sets telling me they have shipped. I guess these deals are for real.

This notification is confirmation that your Modern Family: The Complete First Season DVD has been shipped via MAILXPRS by our distribution center to the following address:
Does anyone know what type of shipping is MAILXPRS ? Is that regular mail?
Old 11-03-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by videoguy
DRAT! I need 24 more points for the Simpsons!
If you want it bad enough, I'd suggest going to pick up some 12-packs or 2-liters and entering the codes quickly. It wouldn't be surprising to see these deals disappear shortly.
Old 11-04-10, 12:09 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wish they brought White Collar back.

For those of you who bought at higher prices. Email and ask for a refund. People on Slickdeals were able to get a refund of the difference.
Old 11-04-10, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by JB7
Wish they brought White Collar back.

For those of you who bought at higher prices. Email and ask for a refund. People on Slickdeals were able to get a refund of the difference.
Thanks--I didn't even think to try that. Ordered Family Guy 2 weeks ago for 1300 points, just sent them a message to see if I could get the 975 extra points back.
Old 11-04-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had thought about emailing them for a refund on the point difference, but figured they wouldn't issue refunds. After hearing about that though, I shot them an email to see if they could refund me points for American Dad, Glee, and The League.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.