Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Audioadvisor.com - god or bad?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Audioadvisor.com - god or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-00, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was not sure whether to post this here or in the online store forum. I thought here might be more appropriate.

Anyway, I cam across this online retailer through a link from www.audioreview.com. They have the Salamander Standard Series Archetype 5.0 Five Shelf Rack in Black for 149.99 + $34.37 UPS ground shipping and no CA tax for a total of $184.32. Has anyone shopped here as I am considering ordering this component rack:
www.audioadvisor.com/product.cfm?productid=2429

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-02-00, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've bought lots of stuff from AA over the years; never a problem. However, their prices are usually list unless the item is on special or clearance, etc.

For good info on etailers, check out: http://www.audiosurvey.com/amos.html
Old 09-02-00, 06:52 PM

[b]audrey[/b[,
Thanks for the tip. However I am confused as they have two different Salamander A/V racks that look the same. One is priced at $249.99 which I beleive is the standard MSRP and one which is $149.99 ($100 below MSRP). If there is a difference I can't see it. I am tempted to buy the one that is $149.99.
www.audioadvisor.com/productinfo.cfm?infotype=Specs&productid=556 - $249.99.
www.audioadvisor.com/productinfo.cfm?infotype=Specs&productid=2429 - $149.99

------------------

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.
Old 09-02-00, 06:56 PM

By the way here are the actual images of the two racks.
www.audioadvisor.com/product.cfm?productid=2429 - $149.99
www.audioadvisor.com/product.cfm?productid=556 - $249.99

------------------

Old 09-02-00, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm . . . the only dif I see is that the less expensive one is the "standard" model. You might give AA a call to ask or check out the salamander site. BTW: I have a synergy rack and it is very well made.
Old 09-02-00, 07:55 PM

Looks like the standard units are not compatible with other Archetype shelves and accessories. I imagine this means that you cannot expand it. As I don't plan on expanding it that might be O.K. the following is the fine print on the page showing the standard design:

"Shown with optional Megaspikes installed. Rubber feet are standard. Standard Series 5.0 comes with 1/2" sized hardware and is not compatible with other Archetype series spikes, castors, shelves, or stacking kits. Only available in black."

------------------