Old 10-21-10, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Nikita -- "Resistance" -- 10/21/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Owen reveals to Nikita who killed her fiancé. Meanwhile, Division tests Alex and Thom by having them kidnapped, but Alex escapes and turns to Nikita for help.

Episode 6 of 13 (No full season pickup yet, but it's expected)

Continuation from 2 weeks ago

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWV7FxoHTuc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VWV7FxoHTuc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-21-10, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Resistance" -- 10/21/10

Best episode of the series yet - I felt like I was watching a movie. The actress playing Alex did a great job tonight, and I loved the flashbacks with her and Nikita. To me, this episode had a certain Hong Kong action film feel, even though there was very little action.
Old 10-22-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Best episode of the series yet - I felt like I was watching a movie. The actress playing Alex did a great job tonight, and I loved the flashbacks with her and Nikita. To me, this episode had a certain Hong Kong action film feel, even though there was very little action.
Totally agree with you! This was a great great episode. I love how well they have integrated the backstory of Nikita and Alex into the current timeline. Since this was mostly an Alex-focused episode, I thought Lyndsy Fonseca did a great job, especially in the interrogation scene with the fake terrorist.

The reveal about Owen as the "Cleaner" and being directly responsible for Daniel's murder was surprising. I'm quite positive we'll be seeing him again as he still has the black box.

Of course we can't forget the gratuitous bra and panty shot of Nikita changing after talking to Alex on the phone.

I think the writers of this show have done a good job creating a serial action thriller that is so not CW material. I'm glad the network thought outside the box for a change and tried something different. I'm sure if this show were on a bigger network like FOX or CBS, it would get bigger viewership.

If anything, I think Nikita is slowly becoming a female version of Jack Bauer (forget Renee Walker) Tragic past + cold blooded badass
Old 10-23-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Solid show so far.