DVD Talk
Anyway to combine shipping from same seller on Amazon? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to combine shipping from same seller on Amazon?

resinrats
10-18-10, 11:47 PM
Whenever I buy a book from a seller on Amazon (not Amazon itself), there is a $3.99 shipping fee. I understand that this needs to be charged for the separate sellers. However, sometimes I have bought several items from the same person/store. I am charged $3.99 for each item. I know it doesn't cost $12 to send 3 paperback books media mail. Is there anyway to get a combined rate for multiple items bought from the same seller?

resinrats
10-18-10, 11:52 PM
Just remembered the Store forum. If this goes there, someone want to move it.

The Edit King
10-18-10, 11:53 PM
I wish I could tell you yes, but from my experience I've asked to do that a few times in the past but haven't yet found any seller that would. Sorry. :(

funkyryno
10-18-10, 11:57 PM
Shipping fees are where a lot of Amazon sellers maker their profit.

g
10-19-10, 01:29 AM
Half.com gives a dollar discount per item if bought from the same seller. Also some of the bigger sellers on amazon have their own websites where shipping is probably cheaper.

dvd-4-life
10-19-10, 06:14 PM
If the seller has their own website ,you might be able to get a better deal on shipping but then the order would be out of Amazon's hands incase there was a problem.

adrenaline78
10-19-10, 07:30 PM
You could have them ship the items in separate boxes if they are charging separate shipping. That being said. I figure in the cost of shipping into the item itself. And then if it's still cheaper than anywhere else, i'll usually order.

fujishig
10-20-10, 01:15 PM
I've bought different toys from the same seller, and the shipping is always cheaper than if they shipped individually... I think the shipping in my cart changes dynamically as well. Not sure if this is just with certain sellers, though.

dadaluholla
10-20-10, 02:10 PM
A lot of times, sellers on Amazon also have their books listed on Alibris, which does combine shipping to make it slightly cheaper (plus Alibris has coupons).

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0