Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices (October 17th - 23rd, 2010)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-10, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

pix from CES at Blu-ray Bargains forum

- - -

Meh. I'll see if Wal-Mart will have a better deal on "Predators". There should be far better Halloween sales. What's going on this year? I've been to three different Halloween themed stores and their CD selection is nearly non-existent.
Old 10-17-10, 07:33 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 254 Posts
Re: Target Media Prices (October 17th - 23rd, 2010)

Thanks John!

Doesn't appear to be much in this week's ad, I wonder what they'll have in the stores. Their track record for DVD sales has been pretty lame lately, but I'll be making my rounds later on today or tomorrow so we'll see... -kd5-
Old 10-17-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks!
Old 10-17-10, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for showing us the ad. I am surprised they show so many DVD's in their ad rather than Blu-Ray. If more Targets end up like mine people will go in only to find Blu-Ray and next to no DVD's left. Which sucks because a new Super Target is being built closer to me and I was even pondering working there ... but if they only put DVD's on a back wall without even a display structure then I don't think I want to work electronics so much anymore. Someone more Blu-Ray / HD TV affiliated needs the job.
Old 10-17-10, 09:10 PM

F
Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
Thanks for showing us the ad. I am surprised they show so many DVD's in their ad rather than Blu-Ray. If more Targets end up like mine people will go in only to find Blu-Ray and next to no DVD's left. Which sucks because a new Super Target is being built closer to me and I was even pondering working there ... but if they only put DVD's on a back wall without even a display structure then I don't think I want to work electronics so much anymore. Someone more Blu-Ray / HD TV affiliated needs the job.
Not sure where you are but the three stores I frequent in the north Austin area have very large, well laid out DVD sections. They also have a nice, yet much smaller, Blu-Ray section. It's MHO that these large retailers know their customers better than we do.
Old 10-17-10, 11:20 PM

^ I was referring to my post on the last thread for Target.

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
Turkey Creek, TN Super Target

I walked in to see if they had any 4 Film Elvis sets or that 4 Sci-Fi movies set ... and walked into "The Blu-Ray Zone". All of the normal section and all end caps were Blu-Ray. The back wall was stripped of all metal DVD displays. Just the wood boards left and they just lined up all of the DVD's there. They didn't have anything I was looking for except for the Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 5 and 6 for $17.99 in their new tiny tiny TV section.

There was a 4-sided kid section display for Disney and ... Christmas DVD's? You'd think with Halloween around the corner we'd see Horror movies. I've looked everywhere for Friday The 13th's to no avail.

I walked out empty handed.
Old 10-18-10, 09:41 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
...I wonder what they'll have in the stores. -kd5-
Went to Target earlier today, they've completely re-arranged the entire section. They've eliminated an entire aisle of DVDs and replaced them with BluRay, now there are less DVDs to choose from and even less of a reason for me to trust Target to have any decent deals on regular DVDs. I'll have to wait & see how this pans out but it's not looking very good for us DVD enthusiasts. -kd5-
Old 10-19-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kd5
Went to Target earlier today, they've completely re-arranged the entire section. They've eliminated an entire aisle of DVDs and replaced them with BluRay,
The same thing was done to my local Target. I don't mind the extra Blu-ray section but as part of the reorganization they removed all of the 9.99 Fox Quad sets. And I was looking forward to getting more of them.

I did notice a good sale on HBO sets. I saw Sopranos, Big Love, Deadwood seasons for 24.99 each.
Old 10-21-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Anybody know how much Psycho is going for there?