Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me the titles in this box set? "Tough Guys" by Genius Entertainment

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Can anyone tell me the titles in this box set? "Tough Guys" by Genius Entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Any help here guys? All the info I have is leading me nowhere. I am looking at this off of a list and I'd like to know what titles are in it. info I have:

Title: Tough Guys (word "Hollywood" is also on the cover but I am not sure if that is part of the official title or not).

Studio: Genius.

Pub date: 2005

# of movies: 12.

# of discs: 6, in slimpacks in a cardboard sleeve.

Run time: 1079 minutes.

UPC: 796019725897 (I assume this is wrong because it brings up zippo on Amazon or dvdaf, or even plain ol google).

My only clue on the UPC is that though this says nothing about Best Buy, the titles AROUND it on the list say 'Best Buy Stickered'. So maybe the UPC is a proprietary Best Buy one. But it means nothing to their website either, nor does the title. So I dunno.

A link so I could see what it is would be great, a listing of the just the titles would be great too. Any help is MUCH appreciated.
Old 10-15-10, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Can anyone tell me the titles in this box set? "Tough Guys" by Genius Entertainme

Try this one ? http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Toug...160065&sr=1-37
Old 10-15-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Can anyone tell me the titles in this box set? "Tough Guys" by Genius Entertainme

All public domain, so don't expect "restored" prints.

Copied from Amazon:

Disc 1 Beat The Devil: A rogue's gallery of crooks (Humphrey Bogart, Peter Lorre) try to gain control of uranium-rich land. The Chase: A nightmare erupts after a veteran (Robert Cummings) takes a gig as the chauffeur for a vicious gangster. Quicksand: A skirt-chasing mechanic (Mickey Rooney) sinks into a nightmare world of crime and sex. Disc 2 Kansas City Confidential: An ex-con (John Payne) sets off to unmask the mobsters who framed him for a heist. The Big Combo: A hardheaded cop (Cornel Wilde) and a sadistic crime boss (Richard Conte) battle over a good-girlgone- blonde! Co-stars Lee Van Cleef! Trapped: US Treasury agents seek the help of a jailed counterfeiter (Lloyd Bridges). Disc 3 Blood On The Sun: In pre-WWII Tokyo, an American newspaper editor (James Cagney) and a beautiful spy (Sylvia Sidney) uncover a Japanese plot for world domination! He Walked By Night: A psychopath (Richard Basehart) is the subject of the greatest manhunt in LAPD history! Port Of New York: Two narcotics agents infiltrate the crew of a ruthless gentleman gangster (Yul Brynner)! Disc 4 D.O.A.: In this ultra-noir masterpiece, an accountant (Edmond O'Brien) retraces the last 24 hours of his life to discover who slipped him a deadly slow-acting poison! The Hitch-Hiker: Two buddies (Edmond O'Brien, Frank Lovejoy) on a fishing trip take a detour through hell. C-Man: A US customs agent (Dean Jagger) becomes entangled in a complex maze of jewel smuggling and murder! Disc 5 They Made Me A Criminal: Framed for murder, a boxer (John Garfield) hides on a work farm staffed by juvenile delinquents (Dead End Kids) and a beautiful country girl. Borderline: Two US agents (Fred MacMurray, Claire Trevor) face off with a powerful drug czar (Raymond Burr)! Shock: After witnessing a murder, a fragile wife (Shaw) is committed to a sanitarium run by a psychiatrist (Vincent Price) who just happens to be the killer! Disc 6 The Man Who Cheated Himself: When a two-timing socialite (Jane Wyatt) kills her husband, she and her lover, a homicide Lieutenant (Lee J. Cobb), conspire to cover up the crime. The Second Woman: An architect (Robert Young) is caught in a labyrinth of danger after his fiancée dies in a mysterious car accident the night before their wedding. The Great Flamarion: A vaudeville sharpshooter (Erich Von Stroheim) falls under the spell of his promiscuous assistant who tricks him into killing her husband (Dan Duryea).
Old 10-15-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry guys, I appreciate the help but I know it's not that one because my store already sells that one-- to be sure I checked skus on the physical copy here with what's on my list and they aren't even close. Anyway, I have a tiny pic on the spreadsheet which is (ironically enough) big enough to show me it's not that for sure but too small for me to see the movie listings! ARRGH!

I'm sure it is more PD stuff...most likely even some of the same titles between the two. But I have to know for sure whats on it if I'm going to be stocking it.

Really do appreciate the effort though fellas.