Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's up with DeepDiscounts backorders??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-10, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's going with DD's backorders? There's a bunch of new releases I want that they haven't had in stock for over a month!!
Old 10-14-10, 06:40 PM

Re: What's up with DeepDiscounts backorders??

I've sadly given up on DD. They used to be my go-to for DVD shopping. Not anymore. I placed an order for 3 Walking Dead Hardcovers a couple days ago because they showed as In Stock. As of today, I hadn't seen any movement and all three books show as in stock. I called them just out of curiosity and sure enough all three books are backordered in their system and they have no idea when they'll be coming back.

The order I've had in since 9/3 was annoying enough, but I'm done after a second time. I really don't want to have to call them to see if what I want is actually in stock. I'd rather pay the extra $5-$10 and get it on Amazon and know I'll get it this decade.
Old 10-14-10, 07:52 PM

I've had the American Werewolf in London 2-discer and The Gate:SE on backorder for like three weeks now. I've used the site for a long time and this is the longest I've ever had to wait. I'm not sure what's going on.
Old 10-14-10, 08:03 PM
Banned

For example, I want to buy MACHINE GUN MCCAIN (Blue Underground) on dvd. It was released on 8/24. They haven't had it in-stock since the week it came out. When I called and asked them what's going on, they said since that dvd is an obscure title. Because of that, the demand for it ain't that great. So they'll only get copies of it here and there. WTF??
Old 10-15-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DD used to be my go-to e-tailer.. but not so much anymore. I go once in awhile to delete things off of my wish list there that I've purchased elsewhere.
Old 10-16-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by heebiejeebie
I've had the American Werewolf in London 2-discer backorder for like three weeks now.
same here
Old 10-16-10, 10:31 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought Willy Wonka on Blu around August 4th or so and it has been backordered ever since. I would cancel, but I bought it during a B1G1 Blu sale and it was incredibly cheap. Last week I got an email apology and they said it should ship within 21 days. I checked every other dvd etailer and it is in stock everywhere else. Not sure what is up with them.
Old 10-16-10, 11:42 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I've been waiting for not nearly as long as most of you but this still pisses me off. I ordered Rose Red 4 days ago, at the time it was in stock and ready to ship. 3 days later I'm wondering why there's been no change in status for my order so I emailed Deep Discount. Of course I haven't heard anything from them yet but in the meantime I went to the site and looked up Rose Red, put it in my cart only to find that it is now listed as back-ordered. Motherfuckers! Fucking thing was in stock when I ordered it! Now how long am I going to have to wait until they get the damned thing in so they can ship it out to me? Meanwhile, my local BigLots never did get Rose Red in for $3 like everyone was claiming they had, and people on Ebay keep bidding every Rose Red auction I've tracked to well over $6 in the last few seconds, so I have to wait for DD to get it back in because I won't pay more than $5.99 for it, knowing that other people got it for $3 at BL... -kd5-
Old 10-16-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DD has almost nothing in-stock anymore. They order merchandise from their suppliers after you place an order. DD has gone from being one of the best online shops on the web to being one of the absolute worst. The old version of the site sucked, but this "new and improved" version is utterly worthless.
Old 10-16-10, 02:42 PM

I will pile on and say I am done with DD as well. I used to live for their semi-annual sales, spending a modest $200 or more each time. September 3rd I ordered 2 blu ray in their BOGO sale. One was supposedly in stock, the other on back order. As of today I have received nothing except an e-mail after 30 days saying both were on back order and hopefully will ship in 21 days. Since I placed my order I have closed on a house and am moving in just over a week. Hopefully when they do ship it will be forwarded. Nonetheless I am done with DD.
Old 10-16-10, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gojhawks
Hopefully when they do ship it will be forwarded.
Update the address on your account and make sure the credit card info is up-to-date as well with the new address so the billing will go through unless you use a separate billing address.
Old 10-17-10, 12:10 AM

It kinda sounds like DD probably had a line-of-credit/working-capital-loan reduction from their bank/financial lender.

Let's say back in the good o'l days when the economy was humming, DD had a $5mm line of credit. They would buy inventory and carry/stock deeply many titles. Along comes the credit crisis and the bank cuts their credit line down to $1mm as part of an overall global credit contraction/risk management program at the bank.

Now DD is forced to buy titles from the vendor only when they have orders. No more large inventory of ready to ship items. New releases are also ordered from their supplier as they get orders from their customers.

This results in lots of backorders, slow order fullfilment and shipping, long waits for their customers.

Only speculation on my part, but from the out of stock situations and long waits from the above posts, it's probably what happened. Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-17-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I refuse to order from them if it says it is not in stock. If I do order from them it has to be in stock and a REALLY good price.

I ordered a DVD towards the middle of September and just thought about how I never got it yet. It was in stock when I ordered it and now the damn thing is on back order. I am not holding my breath for it.
Old 10-17-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I don't order anything with them anymore. Once they changed their website,plus I have an older computer,can't order . That was very smart of them not to think of customers who have older computers. I guess they don't care about lost business. I did make an order over the phone this yr and they screwed up that order.
Old 10-17-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
I don't order anything with them anymore. Once they changed their website,plus I have an older computer,can't order . That was very smart of them not to think of customers who have older computers. I guess they don't care about lost business. I did make an order over the phone this yr and they screwed up that order.
How can you have a computer that can't browse a web site?
Old 10-17-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Old 10-17-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this one came to mind first!

Old 10-17-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Need at least a Windows 98(have Windows 95) too be able to download a new browser. I don't have problems with other websites,just Deep Discounts.Alot of other people were having trouble with their website,also,when they changed. I was having trouble with an Amazon order recently but it was corrected.
Old 10-17-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have an item on indefinite backorder and I am letting it stay in limbo just in case they get it. The communication is terrible though.
Old 10-18-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

How big (or small) a company do you guys think they are?
Old 10-18-10, 08:34 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I think they are quite big. They ship DVD's under many different names and act as drop shipper to others and have a huge volume of sales on amazon as well. You can tell by the huge number of feedback they get on their various names on amazon.
they also act a fulfillment agent for other companies. I've been getting FYE.com used orders from DD's address in recent weeks.
Old 10-18-10, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Need at least a Windows 98(have Windows 95) too be able to download a new browser. I don't have problems with other websites,just Deep Discounts.Alot of other people were having trouble with their website,also,when they changed. I was having trouble with an Amazon order recently but it was corrected.
As much as DD sucks lately, not being compatible with Windows 95 is not something I would bash them for .
Old 10-18-10, 10:09 PM
Banned

I'm only placing 2 more orders with DD: One more with their current FALLSALE and one with their 25% sale next month (if they have it). That's it!! I've Friggin had it with them!! They don't have ANYTHING in stock!!!!
Old 10-18-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I had something shipped 10 days ago that hasn't arrived yet.
Old 10-19-10, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
I had something shipped 10 days ago that hasn't arrived yet.
That isn't unusual. Once Snuffy hand delivered something to me after about three weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.