Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What's up with DeepDiscounts backorders??

pbishop69
10-14-10, 07:22 PM
What's going with DD's backorders? There's a bunch of new releases I want that they haven't had in stock for over a month!!

Dexter Douglas
10-14-10, 07:40 PM
I've sadly given up on DD. They used to be my go-to for DVD shopping. Not anymore. I placed an order for 3 Walking Dead Hardcovers a couple days ago because they showed as In Stock. As of today, I hadn't seen any movement and all three books show as in stock. I called them just out of curiosity and sure enough all three books are backordered in their system and they have no idea when they'll be coming back.

The order I've had in since 9/3 was annoying enough, but I'm done after a second time. I really don't want to have to call them to see if what I want is actually in stock. I'd rather pay the extra $5-$10 and get it on Amazon and know I'll get it this decade.

heebiejeebie
10-14-10, 08:52 PM
I've had the American Werewolf in London 2-discer and The Gate:SE on backorder for like three weeks now. I've used the site for a long time and this is the longest I've ever had to wait. I'm not sure what's going on.

pbishop69
10-14-10, 09:03 PM
For example, I want to buy MACHINE GUN MCCAIN (Blue Underground) on dvd. It was released on 8/24. They haven't had it in-stock since the week it came out. When I called and asked them what's going on, they said since that dvd is an obscure title. Because of that, the demand for it ain't that great. So they'll only get copies of it here and there. WTF??

reverie
10-15-10, 11:41 AM
DD used to be my go-to e-tailer.. but not so much anymore. I go once in awhile to delete things off of my wish list there that I've purchased elsewhere.

statcat
10-16-10, 09:52 AM
I've had the American Werewolf in London 2-discer backorder for like three weeks now.

same here

RonG617
10-16-10, 11:31 AM
I bought Willy Wonka on Blu around August 4th or so and it has been backordered ever since. I would cancel, but I bought it during a B1G1 Blu sale and it was incredibly cheap. Last week I got an email apology and they said it should ship within 21 days. I checked every other dvd etailer and it is in stock everywhere else. Not sure what is up with them.

kd5
10-16-10, 12:42 PM
I've been waiting for not nearly as long as most of you but this still pisses me off. I ordered Rose Red 4 days ago, at the time it was in stock and ready to ship. 3 days later I'm wondering why there's been no change in status for my order so I emailed Deep Discount. Of course I haven't heard anything from them yet but in the meantime I went to the site and looked up Rose Red, put it in my cart only to find that it is now listed as back-ordered. Motherfuckers! Fucking thing was in stock when I ordered it! Now how long am I going to have to wait until they get the damned thing in so they can ship it out to me? Meanwhile, my local BigLots never did get Rose Red in for $3 like everyone was claiming they had, and people on Ebay keep bidding every Rose Red auction I've tracked to well over $6 in the last few seconds, so I have to wait for DD to get it back in because I won't pay more than $5.99 for it, knowing that other people got it for $3 at BL...:gah: -kd5-

SkullOrchard
10-16-10, 02:39 PM
DD has almost nothing in-stock anymore. They order merchandise from their suppliers after you place an order. DD has gone from being one of the best online shops on the web to being one of the absolute worst. The old version of the site sucked, but this "new and improved" version is utterly worthless.

Gojhawks
10-16-10, 03:42 PM
I will pile on and say I am done with DD as well. I used to live for their semi-annual sales, spending a modest $200 or more each time. September 3rd I ordered 2 blu ray in their BOGO sale. One was supposedly in stock, the other on back order. As of today I have received nothing except an e-mail after 30 days saying both were on back order and hopefully will ship in 21 days. Since I placed my order I have closed on a house and am moving in just over a week. Hopefully when they do ship it will be forwarded. Nonetheless I am done with DD.

Kevin M. Dean
10-17-10, 12:04 AM
Hopefully when they do ship it will be forwarded.

Update the address on your account and make sure the credit card info is up-to-date as well with the new address so the billing will go through unless you use a separate billing address.

DeepSleep
10-17-10, 01:10 AM
It kinda sounds like DD probably had a line-of-credit/working-capital-loan reduction from their bank/financial lender.

Let's say back in the good o'l days when the economy was humming, DD had a $5mm line of credit. They would buy inventory and carry/stock deeply many titles. Along comes the credit crisis and the bank cuts their credit line down to $1mm as part of an overall global credit contraction/risk management program at the bank.

Now DD is forced to buy titles from the vendor only when they have orders. No more large inventory of ready to ship items. New releases are also ordered from their supplier as they get orders from their customers.

This results in lots of backorders, slow order fullfilment and shipping, long waits for their customers.

Only speculation on my part, but from the out of stock situations and long waits from the above posts, it's probably what happened. Just my 2 cents...

calhoun07
10-17-10, 01:42 AM
I refuse to order from them if it says it is not in stock. If I do order from them it has to be in stock and a REALLY good price.

I ordered a DVD towards the middle of September and just thought about how I never got it yet. It was in stock when I ordered it and now the damn thing is on back order. I am not holding my breath for it.

dvd-4-life
10-17-10, 10:55 AM
I don't order anything with them anymore. Once they changed their website,plus I have an older computer,can't order . That was very smart of them not to think of customers who have older computers. I guess they don't care about lost business. I did make an order over the phone this yr and they screwed up that order.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
10-17-10, 01:03 PM
I don't order anything with them anymore. Once they changed their website,plus I have an older computer,can't order . That was very smart of them not to think of customers who have older computers. I guess they don't care about lost business. I did make an order over the phone this yr and they screwed up that order.

How can you have a computer that can't browse a web site?

Perkinsun Dzees
10-17-10, 03:55 PM

http://www.computercloset.org/Commodore_64_Box.jpg

statcat
10-17-10, 04:05 PM

this one came to mind first!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ea1MY0eLJUc/SzSEXFJnq9I/AAAAAAAAAzk/GtVw8nW6_fg/s400/webtv.gif

dvd-4-life
10-17-10, 04:28 PM

Need at least a Windows 98(have Windows 95) too be able to download a new browser. I don't have problems with other websites,just Deep Discounts.Alot of other people were having trouble with their website,also,when they changed. I was having trouble with an Amazon order recently but it was corrected.

boc4ever
10-17-10, 09:17 PM
I have an item on indefinite backorder and I am letting it stay in limbo just in case they get it. The communication is terrible though.

GoldenWheels
10-18-10, 07:43 PM
How big (or small) a company do you guys think they are?

g
10-18-10, 09:34 PM
I think they are quite big. They ship DVD's under many different names and act as drop shipper to others and have a huge volume of sales on amazon as well. You can tell by the huge number of feedback they get on their various names on amazon.
they also act a fulfillment agent for other companies. I've been getting FYE.com used orders from DD's address in recent weeks.

Pookymeister
10-18-10, 10:40 PM
Need at least a Windows 98(have Windows 95) too be able to download a new browser. I don't have problems with other websites,just Deep Discounts.Alot of other people were having trouble with their website,also,when they changed. I was having trouble with an Amazon order recently but it was corrected.

As much as DD sucks lately, not being compatible with Windows 95 is not something I would bash them for .

pbishop69
10-18-10, 11:09 PM
I'm only placing 2 more orders with DD: One more with their current FALLSALE and one with their 25% sale next month (if they have it). That's it!! I've Friggin had it with them!! They don't have ANYTHING in stock!!!!

whotony
10-18-10, 11:49 PM
I had something shipped 10 days ago that hasn't arrived yet.

boc4ever
10-19-10, 06:22 AM

That isn't unusual. Once Snuffy hand delivered something to me after about three weeks.

Texan26
10-19-10, 06:20 PM
But now they have a Savings Club:

Savings Club (http://www.deepdiscount.com/Deep-Discount-Savings-Club-Coming-Soon?utm_source=WhatCounts&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=10-19-10&utm_campaign=23993&promoCode=23993)

whotony
10-19-10, 06:28 PM
I just got that email too. zzzzzzzz

BigSue
10-20-10, 07:47 PM

I had something shipped on September 21st and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm a patient person, but this is kinda ridiculous.

dsa_shea
10-20-10, 08:44 PM
They are halfway to hell and have already handed over their ticket. Out of 5 movies I've ordered in the past 2 months I have received two of them. You would think that Jacob's Ladder is selling as many copies as Avatar did by the length of the wait for them to ship it and it still hasn't been shipped.

Laser Movies
10-22-10, 02:05 AM
I bought Willy Wonka on Blu around August 4th or so and it has been backordered ever since. I would cancel, but I bought it during a B1G1 Blu sale and it was incredibly cheap. Last week I got an email apology and they said it should ship within 21 days. I checked every other dvd etailer and it is in stock everywhere else. Not sure what is up with them.

Even though it was never listed in stock I managed to get 2 copies of Willy Wonka shipped and received out of the sale on two different orders. So they have gotten some copies in stock. I wasn't planning on upgrading my old DVD to blu but the price was too good to pass up.

bsmith
10-22-10, 09:11 AM
I made two orders over the past two weeks and each were received within a week of ordering. It is very hit ot miss with DD. Backorders can seem to take forever. Sometimes media mail is the fault for stalled deliveries. One thing odd, I never receive any emails from them about confirming an order or that it has been shipped.

kd5
10-24-10, 06:53 PM
I finally cancelled my order with Deep Discount. The DVD was not listed as backordered when I ordered the damned thing, 12 days is long enough for me to wait, screw them. -kd5-

whotony
10-24-10, 07:09 PM
Yesterday I received an order that shipped 14 days ago.

RonG617
10-25-10, 09:57 AM
I don't even think it is Media Mail, it is some kind of discounted bulk standard mailing. Amazon sends stuff Parcel post and media and it gets to me within a week every time. I don't know what's up with DD.

bunkaroo
10-25-10, 05:29 PM
I've said it before, I've always suspected they are not actually releasing the package into the USPS mail stream the day you get your ship email. They're either taking days themselves to finally get it out the door after they've charged you, or they have a third-party mail handler who is sitting on it. I live approximately 20 miles from Itasca, and there's just no way it should take two weeks for me to get a package. I think I've had one order with them this year for a disc I didn't really care if it took forever on.

heebiejeebie
10-27-10, 08:15 PM
Received this email Monday:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department
via email at cs@deepdiscount.com to cancel. We apologize for the delay and
thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

GenPion
10-29-10, 09:55 AM
I've been waiting three months for the free title in a B1G1: Contact, on Blu-ray.

I'm also stuck waiting on Last Action Hero and Starman from their most recent B1G1 Blu-ray sale.

DeepDiscount is probably going to go out of business soon, I think. I can't think of another reason for their horrible customer service.

Numanoid
10-29-10, 02:21 PM
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that DD is in its death throes. I'm sure they took a huge hit when their huge brick & mortar venture went belly-up a couple years ago.

kd5
10-29-10, 03:38 PM
All Deep Discount has to do to return to their "salad days" is to start having the kind of sales that made them so popular in the past, return to their original concept of deep discounts on their merchandise, and at the very least use Media Mail to get our stuff to us. But they would apparently rather choke to death in their own ignorance than return to their heyday. -kd5-

adrenaline78
10-30-10, 12:32 PM
Another misstep they should rectify is the move from Deep Discount DVD to Deep Discount.

Amazon they're not.

yeah.. it was around that time when their awesome sales came to a halt.

I still hope i receive my order that hasn't shipped.. I just checked and all the titles are oos still except one. For the most part I've really liked them, their free shipping, as only 2 of my many many order have taken more than just a few days to arrive, but their great sales that have disappeared.

Josh-da-man
10-30-10, 02:59 PM
I've gotten all of my recent DD packages four or five days after my shipping notice.

But I've still got stuff I ordered a month or more ago that hasn't shipped. Makes me think they're either having inventory control issues, or they can't get credit from their suppliers.

The Reaper
10-31-10, 07:50 AM
I've been waiting on some stuff so long now, I can't even remember what I ordered.

Xiroteus
10-31-10, 09:33 AM
this one came to mind first!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ea1MY0eLJUc/SzSEXFJnq9I/AAAAAAAAAzk/GtVw8nW6_fg/s400/webtv.gif

I had that...............in 1997.

Gojhawks
10-31-10, 10:28 AM
Here it is just short of 8 weeks since I ordered 2 freakin' blu rays. I have since closed on a house and moved. I went on-line to update my address and it would not let me do so as I had an open order. I just realized that the order probably won't go through because I have updated my address with my credit card company. I could call but frankly, it is not worth the hassle over 2 movies. I guess it is time to cancel and kiss DD goodbye. What a shame to see a company I used to recommend without hesitation go bad.

statcat
10-31-10, 12:30 PM
I had that...............in 1997.

cool I wasn't expecting anyone to remember it or have it. I had it starting March 1998 all the way up to 2007. I also had a computer throughout all that time though too.

drmar35mm
11-01-10, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that DD is in its death throes. I'm sure they took a huge hit when their huge brick & mortar venture went belly-up a couple years ago.

Hope you're wrong, but it's painfully obvious that DD is not the source of deals that it used to be. (Just look at their recent autumn sale. Worst DD major sale I've ever seen.) Then again, neither is Amazon, BB, Target, WM, virtually every other major seller of DVDs. I would love to know if it's the retailers' business strategy, or if the studios are not cutting deals anymore...or a bit of both.

Josh-da-man
11-01-10, 03:25 PM
DD (or DDD) has rarely had the best prices for mainstream new releases, but they almost always have the best price for more obscure titles and catalog titles. It's not unusual for them to have an independent titles for 33-40% off, where Amazon would have the same title with either no discount or less than 10%.

RonG617
11-01-10, 04:58 PM
I won't order anything from them unless it says "In Stock", and even then half the time it changes to back ordered once I place the order. 2 months and counting for 2 blu-ray backorders. Another week and I will just cancel.

kd5
11-02-10, 10:13 AM
I won't order anything from them unless it says "In Stock", and even then half the time it changes to back ordered once I place the order.

That's exactly what happened to me and I cancelled my order after waiting 12 days for a status change, screw Deep Discount. -kd5-

hilts
11-02-10, 12:45 PM
All Deep Discount has to do to return to their "salad days" is to start having the kind of sales that made them so popular in the past, return to their original concept of deep discounts on their merchandise, and at the very least use Media Mail to get our stuff to us. But they would apparently rather choke to death in their own ignorance than return to their heyday. -kd5-

That business model in their heyday is probably not going to work for them now in today's economy. You have to sell one hell of a lot of DVD's to make those prices pay with free shipping on top of it, and people are not buying like they used to, regardless of the price.
The wait for backordered stuff is longer than it used to be, but I still get everything I ordered. I would rather have DD stay in business any way it can than lose them altogether.

I would also like them to put a bulk delete feature on the wish list so I can clean that thing up once and for all - and if they would shoot the developers that designed their new website that would be a plus (just in case y'all thought I didn't have anything to bitch about).

RonG617
11-02-10, 05:39 PM
Another update, after 60 days on backorder I got another email from DD. Sorry that we haven't been able to obtain your item, we hope we can in the next 21 days. I am not sure what their problem is. I order 2 main stream blu-ray releases that are available at every etailer I can look up. The one blu has 78 copies for sale on Ebay presently.

kd5
11-02-10, 05:45 PM
That business model in their heyday is probably not going to work for them now in today's economy. You have to sell one hell of a lot of DVD's to make those prices pay with free shipping on top of it, and people are not buying like they used to, regardless of the price.

I'm not so sure about that. I agree that this economy is not conducive to fluid business, but business (as a whole) doesn't try to stem the tide of a troubled economy by promoting sales through lowered prices and exciting promotions thus increasing the traffic to their stores/sites and stimulating sales and therefore the economy, they typically raise prices because they think that is the only way they're going to keep their heads above water. But what they don't realize is that by raising their prices and eliminating the exciting promotions, fewer people can afford (or want to buy) their products and the cash flow slows. They go about things exactly the wrong way and their business (and everyone else's) suffers as a result. Deep Discount is no different. If their prices were what they used to be and they had exciting promotions like they used to, I'd be willing to bet more people would buy their products, promoting more movement of merchandise and greater need for employees to move said merchandise. But they (along with everyone else) go about things exactly back-asswards and business slows and dies. Contrary to what Ditech used to say, people are NOT smart. That's what I believe anyway. -kd5-

Anubis2005X
11-02-10, 06:13 PM
Another update, after 60 days on backorder I got another email from DD. Sorry that we haven't been able to obtain your item, we hope we can in the next 21 days. I am not sure what their problem is. I order 2 main stream blu-ray releases that are available at every etailer I can look up. The one blu has 78 copies for sale on Ebay presently.

rotfl

obscurelabel
11-03-10, 10:06 AM
A DVD that they said shipped on 10/8/2010 arrived yesterday.

I'm still waiting on two Blus I ordered on 8/23/2010.

BigSue
11-03-10, 06:38 PM
A DVD that they said shipped on 10/8/2010 arrived yesterday.

I'm still waiting on two Blus I ordered on 8/23/2010.

I'm still waiting on a DVD that they said they shipped on Sept. 21st or thereabout. I'm getting the feeling that they really didn't ship it at all or it's still sitting on their mail dock somewhere.

adrenaline78
11-03-10, 08:08 PM
I'm still waiting on a DVD that they said they shipped on Sept. 21st or thereabout. I'm getting the feeling that they really didn't ship it at all or it's still sitting on their mail dock somewhere.

Did you contact them? Over a month to ship it's likely it got lost in the mail.

BigSue
11-04-10, 06:24 PM
Did you contact them? Over a month to ship it's likely it got lost in the mail.

I did. I haven't heard anything back yet, but it's only been a couple of days.

MarkHarrill
11-05-10, 04:57 PM
Infinity Resources (parent of Deep Discount) sold today:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i4ef51a35fea2a26d4ef90681289d9101

BigSue
11-05-10, 06:58 PM
Infinity Resources (parent of Deep Discount) sold today:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i4ef51a35fea2a26d4ef90681289d9101

Interesting read, Mark, thanks.

In other news, here's the reply that I received from DD on my missing Boogie Nights:

"We have reshipped your missing order for boogie nights. You should receive this replacement in approximately 2-5 business days once the item arrives back in stock. Please allow up to 10 days to receive."

I might get it around Easter. Hopefully, Super D cleans up DD's debts and starts the discs moving again.

RonG617
11-06-10, 05:35 PM
Cancelled all back orders. I won't order from them anymore unless I hear things have radically changed. I'd rather pay more and get the stuff then save a dollar and wait for months.

BigSue
11-06-10, 06:00 PM
Sheesh.

Double sheesh, Lemmy. I asked for half of the cost of the disc that I paid for (Goodfellas was 21.88) and she said that I can't be refunded any money because Boogie Nights was the free one.

sigh...

More waiting to come.

dvdjunkie32
11-08-10, 10:15 AM
STill waiting on North by Northwest, my free blu from Sept's B1G1F. I see that it is in stock on their website so I wrote them a letter of complaint. I would have never bought the other blu for $29.99 if I knew the free one was never coming.

kd5
11-08-10, 11:14 AM
STill waiting on North by Northwest, my free blu from Sept's B1G1F. I see that it is in stock on their website so I wrote them a letter of complaint. I would have never bought the other blu for $29.99 if I knew the free one was never coming.

You can call them to find out what the hell's going on as well:
To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free: 800-264-5076. You can reach our customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/nodeID/835ab59c-66dd-40eb-932d-3203d8ec221b/fuseaction/content.page -kd5-

dvdjunkie32
11-08-10, 05:10 PM
This is the response I got today:

A few weeks ago, we told you your order would be shipped by now.
Unfortunately, the vendor has been unable to deliver the item(s).

We are hopeful that the item will be in stock within the next 21 days. We
will reserve your item on backorder and ship to you as soon as the product is
available. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until
the item ships.

If this does not meet with your approval, please contact us at
cs@DeepDiscount.com to cancel.

Again, our apologies for the delay and any inconvenience you may have
experienced.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com Customer Service

Tried to call, but was on hold for 15 minutes. The real pisser is this blu shows available on their website.

RonG617
11-08-10, 07:23 PM
The last order I placed with them I made sure everything was listed as in stock, but as soon as I received the confirmation email 2 things were listed as back ordered. That is when I gave up altogether with them and cancelled everything.

pbishop69
11-08-10, 07:37 PM
when you get a confirmation email from DD, what does it mean when it says NEW PRICE next to your item? DOes that mean its in-stock?

Josh-da-man
11-08-10, 07:59 PM
I think "new price" means the title has either had or is expected to have a reduction in MSRP from the publisher.

Texan26
11-08-10, 10:57 PM
This is the response I got today:

A few weeks ago, we told you your order would be shipped by now.
Unfortunately, the vendor has been unable to deliver the item(s).

I got the same e-mail today and three weeks ago. How many times can they keep sending the same e-mail?

SterlingBen
11-09-10, 01:52 AM
Is their site down for anyone else or just me?

Edit: NVM

Gojhawks
11-09-10, 05:34 PM
I got the same e-mail today and three weeks ago. How many times can they keep sending the same e-mail?

It was when I got that e-mail for a second time on my September 3 order that I canceled. It sure did not take them long to confirm cancellation of my order. I am saddened at what DD has become. I know I will most certainly be shopping elsewhere.

hilts
11-11-10, 04:15 PM
Hell is freezing over! They shipped my b/o Moonlighting S1. Still waiting on Inner Sanctum and Amazing Stories. I also just got a single-dvd order shipped in a cardboard carrier instead of the bubble-plastic thingies they've been using recently.

Ropes Pierre
11-12-10, 12:29 PM
There seems to be no rhyme or reason to DD for me. I waited for months for one cd to come in stock, and some other stuff i ordered during the 20 percent off sale, i received in under 5 days. I almost chocked when i saw the package was from them.

Manzana
11-13-10, 12:05 PM
I guess this is the new official thread for discussing the DD saga instead of the old BOGO sale thread at:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/578773-dead-dd-hugh-bogo-bd-sale-10.html

IAmLegend posted in http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/581992-deepdiscount-sold-those-interested-know-little-details.html#post10488494
“They were in a dire situation,” he said. “They had overbuild their facilities and didn’t manage as tight as we do. Then they fell behind in payables to vendors, and their bank tightened available capital.”

This would seem to provide a little new interesting info, especially: "then they fell behind in payables to vendors". I think that's part of the answer why they don't get stuff in stock and ship our orders (though I'm puzzled why a few people are saying a few things have shipped recently). The part I dislike is that DD wasn't truthful about this situation and instead kept indicating that the merchandise would be in stock soon. I passed on getting Robin Hood BD for $4.95 from DVD2BLU because I have it on order at DD. I wish DD would either cancel everything (in which case I'll never do business with them or whatever they call themselves in the future after their sale but at least I wouldn't be hanging in limbo) or preferably start shipping my stuff soon.

rmw650
11-13-10, 05:58 PM
That offer they just had cannot be any worse than what they had a year or so ago, with that horrific and insulting 40% off MSRP deal. That was THE worst deal ever!

Classic Films
11-15-10, 03:39 PM
I guess this is the new official thread for discussing the DD saga instead of the old BOGO sale thread at:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/578773-dead-dd-hugh-bogo-bd-sale-10.html

IAmLegend posted in http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/581992-deepdiscount-sold-those-interested-know-little-details.html#post10488494

I wish DD would either cancel everything (in which case I'll never do business with them or whatever they call themselves in the future after their sale but at least I wouldn't be hanging in limbo) or preferably start shipping my stuff soon.

You can always call them and cancel all your open orders. The number is
1-800-258-1995

There is no need to be in limbo or pass on another deal if you don't want to wait. I have an order open from August which i just called about. It is still backordered. I could cancel or not. Up to me. If I see a deal on something I ordered from DD, I buy it and then cancel my DD order.

Texan26
11-15-10, 06:16 PM
Even though I have three open orders, I put an order today on a couple of TV show sets they have on sale today. I don't need the DVDs right away so I can wait or can cancel if I see it on sale somewhere else like stated above. I did notice that on one of the sets I ordered, it states "Ships directly from manufacturer" when I place the item in my shopping cart. The other stated "in stock." Have items shipped directly from the manufacturer before or is this something new they are doing?

Kevin M. Dean
11-16-10, 12:18 AM
You can also easily cancel by just sending them an email to cs@deepdiscount.com. I just did that the other day when I could get an item cheaper on Amazon. I got confirmation of my cancellation within 10 hours on a Sunday.

Texan26
11-19-10, 04:28 PM
I received an order today that I placed this past Monday. 4 days. Fastest DeepDiscount shipment ever. The DVD set did say "Ships directly from manufacturer" on their site so maybe that's the difference. It still had a DeepDiscount return address on the envelope. Also received an order from September today.

Bacon
11-19-10, 04:57 PM
Also received an order from September today.

not surprising

DD is a joke of an online store

lumberjack
11-24-10, 01:11 PM
I ordered all six hardcover volumes of The Walking Dead on October 15 when they were running their Walking Dead B2G1 free special. All items were backordered. Today, I got an email telling me they couldn't get volume one, so they canceled it. I just called and canceled the entire order. It's ridiculous to have six books on backorder for six weeks and counting. I'm actually removing my bookmark to Deep Discount. To hell with them.

TheNightFlier
12-01-10, 07:15 PM
I thought I'd give them one more shot. Ordered March of Wooden Soldiers Blu Ray on the 27th, listed in stock. Paid through Google Checkout, which already charged my card, As of 12/1 it's backordered.

I'm canceling it and just spending the extra $4 to get it Amazon.